Sign in to follow this  
A BETTER DJ

KOBE DOESN'T SLAM INTO PLAYERS

Unlike LeBron, Kobe gets his points by shooting good, not be throwing his body into people to get calls. This will be an opportunity for the MAGIC to show what a great defense we have!

GO MAGIC!

Unlike LeBron, Kobe gets his points by shooting good, not be throwing his body into people to get calls. This will be an opportunity for the MAGIC to show what a great defense we have!

GO MAGIC!

Yes im so excited to see Pietrus go up against him, of course nobody expects him to shut him down but I think he will keep Kobe in check for the most part and he will have to shoot 25+ times to get 30 points and if he is doing that we will win this series. GO GET EM PIETRUS.

Thing about Kobe is that he sells his fouls like Pierce. Pietrus should be VERY aware of the pump-fake, otherwise this is gonna be a long series for Lee.

I said this in another thread...

But, I think Kobe will be a walk in the park defensively compared to LeBron. Not that I think LeBron is better...but his size, strength, and ability to challenge Dwight at the rim is unparalleled.

Going directly from a series vs. LeBron to Kobe will be like taking practice swings with a donut in the on-deck circle.

I think Kobe is very capable of consistently scorching the Magic...but I don't think he's capable of putting the kind of pressure on the Magic D in the paint that LeBron was & I think Pietrus has better length to contest his shots than Bogans & Lee did during the regular season & vs. LeBron.

Well Kobe's more of a volume shooter to get his, and has gone more to the jumper at his old (crazy to think that, no?) age. I think we're going to do the same thing as last game. Single him up, let him get his, and try and keep him from getting the others going. I thought he looked tired towards the middle of the Denver series, so hopefully the Magic can wear him out by having to do everything.

Not to mention that it was Lee on Kobe the last time we played the Lakers and did a very good job. We may be without Nelson as far as him being in his All-Star form, but we have Pietrus who was not playing anywhere close to the way he is playing now.

The best thing about this matchup is that Lee can physically match up with Kobe. Against the Cavs, we really only had 2 guys that were able to match up and defend lebron, Hedo(sort of) and MP. Now against LA, we can use our two best perimeter defenders in Lee and MP to take turns on Kobe, and Hedo could conserve some energy and stay out of foul trouble by guarding Ariza, which should improve his offensive game.

This is what I like about Kobe and respect about him, even if I am a Magic fan and 200% behind my team, I can't disagree that Kobe can tear us up and is that good.

I hope LA fans aren't as retarded as some of the Cavs fans that were around the boards and these forums, because I have high respect for them and the Lakers.

Kobe also got mugged last series and no calls at all for him, got to respect a guy who goes out and plays through that because as Magic fans we've got our own in Dwight Howard and knows how it feels.

quote:
Originally posted by ChevyBallinHot:

This is what I like about Kobe and respect about him, even if I am a Magic fan and 200% behind my team, I can't disagree that Kobe can tear us up and is that good.

I hope LA fans aren't as retarded as some of the Cavs fans that were around the boards and these forums, because I have high respect for them and the Lakers.

Kobe also got mugged last series and no calls at all for him, got to respect a guy who goes out and plays through that because as Magic fans we've got our own in Dwight Howard and knows how it feels.

The thing I noticed about the calls Kobe got was a lot of make up calls. It was odd, he would get mugged and no call, but then the next time he got the ball he would get the call on a ticky tack foul. It was strange watching it.

This is a very good point. The Lakers don't attack the rim like Lebron did and in fact they hardly attack the rim at all and with Dwights presence down low it might not be far fetched to say that they will be reluctant to come into the lane. Ariza will attack when given the opportunity but other than him they don't have anyone that is really aggressive. Kobe is great but doesn't play the same type of game that we saw Lebron playing. Kobe is older, not as physically gifted, and would not be as effective driving to the lane with his head down.

The Magic are playing maybe their best basketball of the season right now so we must give props to Stan for navigating this team to this position and for having them playing at this level at the most important time of the year. That is not easy to do.