Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanBen

Jameer Will Play...John Denton

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

On ESPN First take this morning John Denton reports that the team has cleared Jameer to practice with full contact with the team this week. If they determine he can handle the contact and not injure his shoulder any more he is going to play in the finals. His role TBD.

How do they determine this unless he already aggravates the injury in practice?

It's appears the biggest determination is actually whether or not he's ready to play...

Which, I'm guessing is about 90% predicated on his shot right now.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

On ESPN First take this morning John Denton reports that the team has cleared Jameer to practice with full contact with the team this week. If they determine he can handle the contact and not injure his shoulder any more he is going to play in the finals. His role TBD.

How do they determine this unless he already aggravates the injury in practice?

It's appears the biggest determination is actually whether or not he's ready to play...

Which, I'm guessing is about 90% predicated on his shot right now.

Like Vanderwiede said, he will get evaluated by the doctors to determine the risk involved.

The way I see it if the risk is another surgery like he already had then I would leave it up to him.

I'm wondering how much the two weeks standby between the injury and the surgery are hurting his possibilities.

Probably he's thought a lot of times about that too...

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

I'm wondering how much the two weeks standby between the injury and the surgery are hurting his possibilities.

Probably he's thought a lot of times about that too...

wow do i love you sig man! did you like got to the arena and do they already have those jerseys ready on the seats?

I hope everyone isn't expecting Jameer to come back and perform at the level he was prior to the injury. He isn't anywhere close to game shape.

That being said, I've really missed him and anything he can provide off the bench would be fantastic. Just his addition means that AJ will be cemented to the bench. Its addition by subtraction.

i honestly think if he truly was taking any serious risk of re injury otis and gang wouldnt let him go. with that said, im sure jameer is dying to get into the game and if its looking like he can comeback and be 90% or better of his old self i see no reason why we dont get him in there asap and split minutes with aj if not replacing him as the number 2 pg. the lakers are and were already planning on having their hands full with our frontcourt and were most likely banking on the fact that neither of our current pgs (alston and aj) are great shooters from outside meaning they could live with either of them taking open shots and keying on shard,turk,howard instead. assuming jameer still has his deadly touch from outside this forces la to throw that gameplan out the window when meer is in the game. we dont need him to do much more than just hit his shots when left open and when covered just manage the game getting the ball into the hands of our guys with mismatches safely. im praying jameer is able to make a return for the finals and feel he could be a great attribute to this team physically and emotionally. 4 more to go

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

The title of this thread should be "Jameer Will Practice... John Denton"

Still an awfully big deal, but more accurate.

Like Stan said "he's been good against air," now let's see how good he is against contact.

My BELIEVE has officially started.