Sign in to follow this  
AcuWill

Lebron the best ever? Hardly.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

In fairness, no one is calling Lebron the best ever. That conversation will be more interesting in a decade or so.

That isn't entirely true though. "The six years in debate: Lebron or Jordan"

An ESPN article, basically calling Lebron the greatest ever

I haven't heard of that article. Is the article comparing both players first six years in the league? If so, that is a slightly different argument.

quote:

quote:

quote:

In fairness, no one is calling Lebron the best ever. That conversation will be more interesting in a decade or so.

I haven't heard of that article. Is the article comparing both players first six years in the league? If so, that is a slightly different argument.

It's all based around the perception that Lebron is on the same level of Jordan but yeah your right.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's all based around the perception that Lebron is on the same level of Jordan but yeah your right.

LOL, well I'm not ready to put Lebron on Jordan's level yet. If we only talking about the first six years of each players careers then that is a interesting discussion. I haven't compared the numbers but I bet they are pretty similar and Lebron had definitely had more success in the postseason so far (albeit it against much weaker competition than Jordan faced) than Jordan did at this stage of his career.

I don't know if I agree that they are equal but it's a good debate.

What's with the hate on the Mannings? Just because Tom Brady was able to win a couple more championsips with superior teams?

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

What's with the hate on the Mannings? Just because Tom Brady was able to win a couple more championsips with superior teams?

Because Tom Brady won more championships because he is the superior player. As a Jaguar fan, I encounter a lot of Colts fan who are of the blame everybody but Peyton variety. Like the Cavs, it wasn't Lebron missing 5 free throws in the fourth quarter, it was their bench not playing well. Stop making excuses for individual players, root for your team, and don't compare the successful greats to a guy with potential

quote:

quote:

Because Tom Brady won more championships because he is the superior player. As a Jaguar fan, I encounter a lot of Colts fan who are of the blame everybody but Peyton variety. Like the Cavs, it wasn't Lebron missing 5 free throws in the fourth quarter, it was their bench not playing well. Stop making excuses for individual players, root for your team, and don't compare the successful greats to a guy with potential

Football isnt a one man show. It takes more than one great player to win it all. See: Barry Sanders.

quote:

quote:

So Tom Brady won titles by himself? K.