Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Playoff Race 6-10 seeds

The real wild card game for us is against Philadelphia to end the road trip. We should beat Milwaukee, and we should lose to Detroit. But as far as Philly, both teams' fortunes depend on which team shows up. If the Magic go at least 2-1 on the trip, then I think the Magic'll be hard pressed to miss the playoffs.

When it comes to the Washington/New Jersey game, I will definitely be rooting for Washington. It's so much more possible for the Magic to catch Jersey than it is the Wizards.

Also, I'm looking forward to the Magic passing that 36-win total that's plagued this franchise for a couple of years now.

By the way.. an 8 seed has beaten a 1 seed. Denver with Dikembe Mutombo beat Seattle with Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton sometime in the 90's.

For today, Sunday, the only game left of note is Chicago playing Toronto. Detroit already beat Cleveland 87-82 today.

Time passes....

Toronto beat Chicago!

That helps the Lebrons in their chase for second. Of course, none of this matters to Orlando if they don't catch up to Jersey, but it's still worth keeping track of.

Here's your update for Monday, April 7th..

Of course the big game is Orlando at Milwaukee. Forget Michael Redd, Reuben Patterson and Charlie Bell have been playing excellent as of late, and need to be contained if the Magic want to win this crucial road game.

The only other game of any importance is Detroit in New York to face the Knicks. We'd like Detroit to bury NY once and for all. Also, on the off chance we catch Jersey, Detroit might as well keep rolling and stay away from that #2 spot.

With Arenas and Butler down, what impact should we see this have on the playoff race?

With 39 victories, WASH is 3 games ahead of NJ and 4 ahead of us.

Like NJ and IND, they have the tiebreaker on us, even if we beat them in game 81.

Anyone think they might actually drop down to 7 or 8, giving NJ and ourselves the opportunity to move up?

Looking at their schedule, they could very well lose the rest of their games, with the easiest remaining game being a road game at Atlanta later this week.

This would require the Magic to win 5 out of the last 6 to pass them.

Anyone consider this a possibility?

And would you want to move up to 6, where the Raptors are the likely opponent?

I still think that the 7 slot is the ideal slot for the Magic.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

With Arenas and Butler down, what impact should we see this have on the playoff race?

With 39 victories, they are 3 games ahead of NJ and 4 ahead of us.

Like NJ and IND, they have the tiebreaker on us, even if we beat them in game 81.

Anyone think they might actually drop down to 7 or 8, giving NJ and ourselves the opportunity to move up?

Looking at their schedule, they could very well lose the rest of their games, with the easiest being a road game at Atlanta later this week.

This would require the Magic to win 5 out of the last 6 to pass them.

Anyone consider this a possibility?

And would you want to move up to 6, where the Raptors are the likely opponent?

I still think that the 7 slot is the ideal slot for the Magic.

they have the tie breaker now... but by the end of the season, we might very well have the tie breaker.... go back a page and there's a post where i explain the tie breaker situation...

Whatever seed gets the job done, here's who I think we're best off playing against in the first round. 1 being best for us, 5 being heck no, stay away. =P

1. Cleveland

2. Miami

3. Chicago

4. Toronto

5. Detroit

Here's the results for Monday, the Magic beat Milwaukee 117-94. So the Magic are half a game behind New Jersey for 7th, and 1.5 games ahead of Indiana for 8th. So we continue to keep Indiana at arms length, and that's a good thing.

Detroit beats New York 91-83, Detroit has the #1 seed all but locked up and the Knicks are pretty much out of the playoff race. the Knicks are now a full 4 games back of Orlando, with Indiana also to jump over with only 5 games left for NY, if my math is correct.

so for this washington-NJ game, I think we should all be rooting real hard for washington..... the fact that they might drop off and give us an extra spot sounded pretty good.... but it's just safer to have NJ lose and give us the 7th spot...

the only problem is that washington has lost too many guys... we need them to win this one for us...