Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Playoff Race 6-10 seeds

Sorry for the late updated. After last night's debacle, I didn't want to see the message board. As you know we lost so here's the current standings:

6. Miami 6.5

7. Indiana 8.5

8. Orlando 10.0

9. New Jersey 10.0

10. New York 10.5

Games to watch tonight:

Minnesota @ Maimi

New Jersey @ Houston

Of course we're not catching Miami but if NJ wins tonight, they are the new 8th seed. Let's Go Rockets!

Guys, I am oficially starting to get worried. Look what ESPN's Daily Dime said about the East playoff contenders:

quote:
Orlando Magic (29-34)

The 100-76 loss to the Bulls on Thursday was not a big morale booster. Looks more and more like it will be a four-way scrum among the Pacers, Magic, Nets and Knicks for the final two spots in the East.

The Magic went 3-9 over February. Don't blame Dwight Howard for the skid -- his numbers for the month were his best of the season, making 70.7 percent of his shots, averaging 22.8 points and 12.5 rebounds. Darko Milicic was better too, going 11.7 ppg, 6.9 rpg while shooting 50.4 percent from the field.

But it probably doesn't help that Grant Hill has missed 10 of his last 17 games before Thursday. And Jameer Nelson did not shoot over 50 percent from the field in any of the nine February losses. Howard's got an NBA worst 236 turnovers (3.8 per game). That's a lot of turnovers, but even D-Ho won't approach the season mark of 366 set by Artis Gilmore in 1978.

At least they've got two games with Boston and one with Memphis left to go.

Predicted finish: 36-46. Ninth, "out" of playoffs in East.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-070309

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

I'm boycotting my updates until the Magic win again!

Sadly, that might be a while...

I don't blame you. I didn't feel like posting ANYTHING after that loss. Hopefully, we'll see one of your updates after sunday.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Guys, I am oficially starting to get worried. Look what ESPN's Daily Dime said about the East playoff contenders:

quote:
Orlando Magic (29-34)

The 100-76 loss to the Bulls on Thursday was not a big morale booster. Looks more and more like it will be a four-way scrum among the Pacers, Magic, Nets and Knicks for the final two spots in the East.

The Magic went 3-9 over February. Don't blame Dwight Howard for the skid -- his numbers for the month were his best of the season, making 70.7 percent of his shots, averaging 22.8 points and 12.5 rebounds. Darko Milicic was better too, going 11.7 ppg, 6.9 rpg while shooting 50.4 percent from the field.

But it probably doesn't help that Grant Hill has missed 10 of his last 17 games before Thursday. And Jameer Nelson did not shoot over 50 percent from the field in any of the nine February losses. Howard's got an NBA worst 236 turnovers (3.8 per game). That's a lot of turnovers, but even D-Ho won't approach the season mark of 366 set by Artis Gilmore in 1978.

At least they've got two games with Boston and one with Memphis left to go.

Predicted finish: 36-46. Ninth, "out" of playoffs in East.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-070309

I don't care what ESPN has to say about us. All they do is look at win/losses and stats to determine their "expert predictions". Us TRUE fans know the pulse of our team and it ain't over TILL WE SAY IT'S OVER! And dammit, it ain't over. Yes, one terrible loss, but we have 19 more games to pull this out. Don't forget we're still in the 8th see. F*CK ESPN and their "experts"! We're making the playoffs and winning our series.

It still looks ok even with the loss. We're still at number 8, Indiana is still on the slide and if we win a few, and they lose a couple. Then we can take the 7 spot. I still believe, do you guys?

(although the Houston game totally blows, besides that, we're still in this)

I believe we can still make the playoffs - but I don't believe we'll get in because we earn it. Our competition sucks just as much, if not more, than we do right now. I can see us backing into the 8th seed - there will be no more talk about "climbing the ladder" though!

I think this Houston game on Sunday will say a LOT about where this team is at right now.

Look at Chicago. They go to Miami and get destroyed. Then the next night while on the road they band together and play some of their best basketball of the season.

Chicago just put us in the disgusting loss category, so how will the Magic respond against Houston?

Also.. when is Battie coming back!? It's obvious our defense isn't the same without him. At this point, who cares if Grant is healthy or not.. we need Ariza and Battie on the floor desperately.

It's Saturday as I post this, and today Indiana plays Philly, the Nets face San Antonio, and NY plays Washington.

All 3 of the teams around us could easily lose those games, especially with the way Philly's been playing over the last week or two. I'm starting to think more and more that Indy will continue to collapse while New York passes us up for 7th and we hang on to 8th.

At this point, I'd take it.

3 important games tonight, while Orlando is resting:

Nets at Spurs

76ers at Pacers

Knicks at Wizards

Ok so today we got to root for Manu, Gilbert and Andre Iguodala...and get ready for the game tomorrow.

Indiana just lost. This puts us 1 game behind them in the standings. This is the 8th loss in a row for the Pacers. However, Philly is now becoming a sleeper team. They've now won 7 games in a row beating Phoenix, NJ, Seattle, & the Lakers. They are now 4 games behind us; seeded at 11. We better start keeping track the 76'ers.

Knicks just beat Washington on a buzzer-beater 3 from yours truly, Steve Francis. This puts NY tied with us, thus taking the 8th seed due to them holding the tie-breaker vs. Orlando. Watching them the last few games, I've come to the conclusion that they are a good team. They will be a force to deal with in the playoffs and the seasons to come. Magic need to win tomorrow to take back the 8th spot.

Here's an updated on the NJ/SA game. Kidd just got ejected with 2 technicals and the Nets are now down by 12 with Vince also having a bad game. Seems like another loss for them.