Sign in to follow this  
The Solution

Brian Hill return? Read what dafndakta says

That's a shame Drunk. We use that same logic when we look at players, we look to upgrade where we can. Why should the coach get a pass? Jameer didn't play well as the starting point,so we are looking for a point. Hedo, Keith, Grant, didn't get it done in the scoring column at the 2/3, so we are looking to replace/upgrade them. Well, not developing the young guys, not improving over the course of the year, and making errors in each of our playoff games (to which he admitted to) not the least of which was expecting a 5-10 guy to defend one of the best mid-range shooters in the game (and also happens to have 8inches on him). Why would you not want to upgrade from that?

I want to see an answer to Smoothhands and Drunk on Mysterys' question, why should we keep him, what does he add?

There is no logical answer to the question. Silence sometimes speaks louder than words.

quote:
Originally posted by NBAMagic47:

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

Darko's talent is yet to be seen??? Did you watch the playoffs? Brian was coach of the month thanks to a great start. If he was such a great coach then what happened the rest of the months. Oh yeah that was the players fault, IN your opinion. But he had exactly the same players in the first month.

quote:
just read through brian shmidts at the sentinels archive. im sure you will find something

Wasn't this your quote about a writer saying something positive about Brian's coaching?

not about brians coaching. about the lack of talent. if we had a great start because of talent. what happenned to the rest of the months. turnovers. miss free throws. not executing. making bad decisions with the ball. oh yeah that is the coachs fault. at the nba level you should not have to teach fundamentals like dribbling and passing and making good basketball decisions. that is the signs of a young team. be patient. they will be better next year

NBA47 you can say all you want to try and detract from Brian being the worst coach in the NBA - but the fact is that he is still the worst coach in the NBA. What is your relationship with Brian Hill? You know him personally - you sound like his wife - you are an idiot and you aren't going to convince anyone here that BHill is a good coach - he sucks - he is beyond sucking. Don't waste your time - it is you against 100 and you have nothing to stand on except he is your husband or friend and you'll defend him.

Our players are a lot better than they played - BHill's style hurt them when he wouldn't let them play to their strengths - go away NBA47 - you are a total moron.

quote:
Originally posted by JJZ:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Loyalty should only go so far. If a player is consistently underperforming you sit him on the bench and play someone who might be more productive. A good coach does not ride a player who is struggling because he feels like he owes him something. The coach's loyalty should belong to the team as a whole not certain individuals.

The team, the fans and the ownership. This is so obvious you shouldn't even have to say it. Hill is loyal to Jameer Nelson?? That's why he played him even though he was playing poorly and hurting the other players? Fortunately I don't believe that for one second. IF you do believe it, NBAMagic47, then you have just made a better argument than anyone about why Brian Hill is a terrible coach.

JJZ - I think it would be better to hold judgement on Jameer - the guy can play. Maybe Brian Hill could see that, but he couldn't utilize Jameer correctly and Brian did an atrocious job running this team and the style of play was awful and the rotations were terrible, etc.

JJ getting no minutes until game 4 - getting pulled right after a foul less than 4 minutes into the 4th quarter - Ariza averaging probably less than 10 minutes a game in the playoffs - we both could go on forever.

But, on Jameer the guy is good - he can't play for BHill and his stagnant offense - he turned Jameer into an outside jump shooter and made him play slow - that is not his game. Jameer will do well under a new coach or on a different team - Brian made JJ worse - afraid to shoot because he might sit for 10 games, he hurt Darko's confidence and made him one dimensional. Dwight suffered with Brian by making Dwight post up in the same spot over and over with no real 3 pt. threat like JJ on the court and having others stand around and not be a threat so other teams could double or triple Dwight. This could go on indefinitely. The guy is a nightmare. JJ looks like he could be good - I have been saying all along that Darko is going to be very good - from the very beginning of the season, but we need to let him be multi-dimensional and you run plays for him and Dwight and JJ and Jameer and Ariza - you look for Ariza slashing.

I guess the point is that I think people are coming down too hard on Jameer - I think BHill put him in a position where it was hard to succeed. I think Arroyo suffered under BHill as well.

I see a lot of talent in Dwight, Darko, Jameer and Ariza and possibly quite a bit with JJ - just haven't seen him enough - but he looks like he might be very good.

You get a 5 pt. lead and have JJ knock down two or three shots and another team would have been hurting - except our brain dead brian had him on the bench.

How could he not give JJ 5 minutes a game or 10 minutes a game - how do you do that?

Good post Solution. I think this team has as much talent as Chicago and I think we had a winning record against them before BHill destroyed this team.

And, we easily could have had Scott Skiles - why didn't they hire him - the guy is a winner -he played for us - I guess before the current owners knew anything about him.

I thought this team should have lost in the Eastern Conference finals in 6 games - originally I thought it would be against Chicago or Cleveland - Detroit is looking good right now though, but my prediction was that and then as I saw BHill destroy this team I saw a first round knock out if we made the playoffs and that is what we got.

I agree that we have way more talent than people think we have - people are down on our players, but they are much better than they are playing - the problem is BHill. Could we use another strong player - sure who couldn't, but my major upset is the wasted talent and the demise of this team - we should be looking like Chicago - if BHill coached Chicago and we had Scott Skiles - the Magic would be doing what Chicago is now and Chicago would look like the Magic.

Chicago is still young, but they are tough and scrappy - the Magic have that talent now, but we wasted a year or more with Brian Hill - players are going to need time to recover their games and some we may lose and they will thrive elsewhere.

I really hope the owners are pissed, but does Vanderweide really care? He is the silent type - give us Mark Cuban - here is your chance Bob to stop being a gutles, spineless politically correct robot.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

That's a shame Drunk. We use that same logic when we look at players, we look to upgrade where we can. Why should the coach get a pass? Jameer didn't play well as the starting point,so we are looking for a point. Hedo, Keith, Grant, didn't get it done in the scoring column at the 2/3, so we are looking to replace/upgrade them. Well, not developing the young guys, not improving over the course of the year, and making errors in each of our playoff games (to which he admitted to) not the least of which was expecting a 5-10 guy to defend one of the best mid-range shooters in the game (and also happens to have 8inches on him). Why would you not want to upgrade from that?

I want to see an answer to Smoothhands and Drunk on Mysterys' question, why should we keep him, what does he add?

I'm bumping this because I really want to see someone who feels that Hill should stay's answer to Smoothhands and Drunk on Mysterys' question.

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by NBAMagic47:

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

Darko's talent is yet to be seen??? Did you watch the playoffs? Brian was coach of the month thanks to a great start. If he was such a great coach then what happened the rest of the months. Oh yeah that was the players fault, IN your opinion. But he had exactly the same players in the first month.

quote:
just read through brian shmidts at the sentinels archive. im sure you will find something

Wasn't this your quote about a writer saying something positive about Brian's coaching?

not about brians coaching. about the lack of talent. if we had a great start because of talent. what happenned to the rest of the months. turnovers. miss free throws. not executing. making bad decisions with the ball. oh yeah that is the coachs fault. at the nba level you should not have to teach fundamentals like dribbling and passing and making good basketball decisions. that is the signs of a young team. be patient. they will be better next year

NBA47 you can say all you want to try and detract from Brian being the worst coach in the NBA - but the fact is that he is still the worst coach in the NBA. What is your relationship with Brian Hill? You know him personally - you sound like his wife - you are an idiot and you aren't going to convince anyone here that BHill is a good coach - he sucks - he is beyond sucking. Don't waste your time - it is you against 100 and you have nothing to stand on except he is your husband or friend and you'll defend him.

Our players are a lot better than they played - BHill's style hurt them when he wouldn't let them play to their strengths - go away NBA47 - you are a total moron.

then im wrong for callin him mr krappy. this guy has issues. not me. marc acres i think coach adds discipline. when tmac was here place was a country club. he brough stability. accountbility. someone to answer to. he is not a bad coach. next year with better roster he will improve. nobody likes a strick teacher. a strick coach. yes he is old fashion. but give him a chance. i think he can do better. and even if he is a bad coach. he does not deserve to be pull apart by people who claim to be magic fans. people here talk down to people. like if they are better. use bigger words try to scare people. i support the coach because he is our coach. that is the only reason i need. this is a free forum. i only call people names when they call me names. im rude when they are rude

If he adds discipline and stability why are we the most turnover prone team in the league? Disciplined teams aren't careless with the ball (see Jerry Sloan coached teams). If he adds discipline when do we have a team that quit bringing effort mid-way through the season (and in my opinion quit on him). Coaches that command respect don't have these issues.

Now with regard to calling people names, if someone is calling you names then please PM the mods, calling them names back only makes the situation worse.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

If he adds discipline and stability why are we the most turnover prone team in the league? Disciplined teams aren't careless with the ball (see Jerry Sloan coached teams). If he adds discipline when do we have a team that quit bringing effort mid-way through the season (and in my opinion quit on him). Coaches that command respect don't have these issues.

Now with regard to calling people names, if someone is calling you names then please PM the mods, calling them names back only makes the situation worse.

coach is not good as jerry sloan. i admit that. but we have a young team that are starting to come to their own. coach is not a good young man coach. i admit that as well. but he is not as bad as some people say. give him one more year. as for name callin. i get caught up in moment. i will try to avoid it

When Brian Hill got fired the first time form the magic I didn't think he deserve red it, but I do not think he is the right coach for this young team. Reasons: He doesn't know how to relate and really coach such a young team to get the most out of them. He had JJ and Travis sitting on the bench too much this season and didn't let them develop their three point which was really needed in the playoffs. 2. He really couldn't get his team to learn how to pass and share the ball. Where is the assist leader? 3. He didn't coach and teach Dwight how to pass out of the double teams and didn't force the team to go to the hot hand. I heard a lot about Dwight missing free throws and he did but what about Turk shooting 3 of 13 and Ariza shooting 1 of 6 either of those making 50% and they win.