Sign in to follow this  
The Solution

Brian Hill return? Read what dafndakta says

dafndakata, a board member, made some very interesting statements back in early April about Brian Hill. dafndakata, is a young man working in film and claims to know the internal working and mind set of the management/ ownership.

I have copied only his quotes about Brian Hill and his employment. With this post I am inviting dafndakata to return and talk more about this.

dafndakata QUOTES:

April 2nd - hill will not be at the helm though, next year, so that's dealt with. he will be replaced.

the underachievement is a coaching thing ---getting disciplined, aggressive, CONSISTENT TEAM PLAY out of today's NBA players is no mean feat - and very few coaches can accomplish it. brian hill isn't one of them, sadly. he's a good man, and hopefully there's another position for him in the magic organization. the 07/08 magic will have a very different look, mark my words.

hill is doing as good as hill can do - so he's doing a good job for who he is. but who he is is not good enough longer term. IF hill does not get replaced, it will NOT be because they don't want to replace him, it'll be a timing issue for his replacement. the plans are in the works.

the magic are a nanometer from missing the playoffs. and they might. they are the very height of inconsistency. turnover ratio abominable. late game tactics, worse still. ability to finish, horrific. record since 14-5 start, almost the worst in the entire league. this ain't tiddly winks here, and things are not - i repeat NOT - going well.

as far as what you see on the surface. the BEST thing for the magic would be to miss the playoffs. THAT SINGULAR THING would hasten the inevitable, and remove ALL doubt as to what needs to happen. it'd smart like hell, but it'd be the best thing in the long run. we got fat in november, and looks like we ain't gonna recover. they're young. they'll learn.

April 6th - so yes, if the magic make it to "a certain point" in the playoffs....there would of course be an adjustment to the current assessment of coach hill - but that is true of every other coach whose head is on the chopping block as well....were something completely unexpected to occur, like an unforseen run DEEP into the playoffs, then yes, of course - that can alter plans. but it would take that form of miracle. what was meant by not making the playoffs, you know....if any of the higher ups are "teetering", so to speak (about certain off-season moves), the clarity brought about by missing the playoffs would tend to solidify a person's gut thoughts about the direction of activities over the summer. another point is roster talent. top to bottom, it is regarded as second best in the eastern conference, and that is not conjecture. it is well-known around the nba. yes, orlando is a young squad. but they are playing WELL below potential. THIS - THAT fact - make no mistake - is THE factor affecting coach hill's future presently. how they're performing by comparison to their potential. night in and night out. people think - it even looks as though - the magic administration are a patient bunch. such, i can assure you, is the furthest thing from reality. the front office is blistering right now, as well they should be. if it's obvious to regular folks that the team plays as if their heads were elsewhere 2/3 of the time, just think how GLARINGLY obvious it is to the people at the very top. we ARE better than last year. but lately no. the status quo is totally out the window at this point.

April 8th - let me just say this....NO ONE, and i mean that in a literal sense - NO one "reading" ANYthing has ANY true knowledge of what is ACTUALLY going on. there is a room. people go in there and talk about things. important people. and what happens inside that room NOBODY knows, except the people who were in there and a party to the discussions. the media is not on the list of invited guests, and what they are fed is strictly for yours and my entertainment, and to give the gods amusement - end of story. the media gets it right, some of the time, when they are reporting on things which have ALREADY occured. when they are ruminating as to possibilities, your gut - and you'll just have to trust me here - it's better than theirs. brian hill is absolutely history. the magic are THE most inconsistent team IN THE ENTIRE NBA. which would not be a big deal if they didn't have the potential they do. executives do not get paid the money they do to sit around and watch these types of goings on, and then sit on their hands....that's not "how it works" in the real world. you know it, everybody else does too. the media is NOT part of the equation. only job performance is.

dafndakata, a board member, made some very interesting statements back in early April about Brian Hill. dafndakata, is a young man working in film and claims to know the internal working and mind set of the management/ ownership.

I have copied only his quotes about Brian Hill and his employment. With this post I am inviting dafndakata to return and talk more about this.

dafndakata QUOTES:

April 2nd - hill will not be at the helm though, next year, so that's dealt with. he will be replaced.

the underachievement is a coaching thing ---getting disciplined, aggressive, CONSISTENT TEAM PLAY out of today's NBA players is no mean feat - and very few coaches can accomplish it. brian hill isn't one of them, sadly. he's a good man, and hopefully there's another position for him in the magic organization. the 07/08 magic will have a very different look, mark my words.

hill is doing as good as hill can do - so he's doing a good job for who he is. but who he is is not good enough longer term. IF hill does not get replaced, it will NOT be because they don't want to replace him, it'll be a timing issue for his replacement. the plans are in the works.

the magic are a nanometer from missing the playoffs. and they might. they are the very height of inconsistency. turnover ratio abominable. late game tactics, worse still. ability to finish, horrific. record since 14-5 start, almost the worst in the entire league. this ain't tiddly winks here, and things are not - i repeat NOT - going well.

as far as what you see on the surface. the BEST thing for the magic would be to miss the playoffs. THAT SINGULAR THING would hasten the inevitable, and remove ALL doubt as to what needs to happen. it'd smart like hell, but it'd be the best thing in the long run. we got fat in november, and looks like we ain't gonna recover. they're young. they'll learn.

April 6th - so yes, if the magic make it to "a certain point" in the playoffs....there would of course be an adjustment to the current assessment of coach hill - but that is true of every other coach whose head is on the chopping block as well....were something completely unexpected to occur, like an unforseen run DEEP into the playoffs, then yes, of course - that can alter plans. but it would take that form of miracle. what was meant by not making the playoffs, you know....if any of the higher ups are "teetering", so to speak (about certain off-season moves), the clarity brought about by missing the playoffs would tend to solidify a person's gut thoughts about the direction of activities over the summer. another point is roster talent. top to bottom, it is regarded as second best in the eastern conference, and that is not conjecture. it is well-known around the nba. yes, orlando is a young squad. but they are playing WELL below potential. THIS - THAT fact - make no mistake - is THE factor affecting coach hill's future presently. how they're performing by comparison to their potential. night in and night out. people think - it even looks as though - the magic administration are a patient bunch. such, i can assure you, is the furthest thing from reality. the front office is blistering right now, as well they should be. if it's obvious to regular folks that the team plays as if their heads were elsewhere 2/3 of the time, just think how GLARINGLY obvious it is to the people at the very top. we ARE better than last year. but lately no. the status quo is totally out the window at this point.

April 8th - let me just say this....NO ONE, and i mean that in a literal sense - NO one "reading" ANYthing has ANY true knowledge of what is ACTUALLY going on. there is a room. people go in there and talk about things. important people. and what happens inside that room NOBODY knows, except the people who were in there and a party to the discussions. the media is not on the list of invited guests, and what they are fed is strictly for yours and my entertainment, and to give the gods amusement - end of story. the media gets it right, some of the time, when they are reporting on things which have ALREADY occured. when they are ruminating as to possibilities, your gut - and you'll just have to trust me here - it's better than theirs. brian hill is absolutely history. the magic are THE most inconsistent team IN THE ENTIRE NBA. which would not be a big deal if they didn't have the potential they do. executives do not get paid the money they do to sit around and watch these types of goings on, and then sit on their hands....that's not "how it works" in the real world. you know it, everybody else does too. the media is NOT part of the equation. only job performance is.

Solution, as soon as I read that first paragraph I knew I didn't need to read any further.

To Quote:

quote:
dafndakata, is a young man working in film and claims to know the internal working and mind set of the management/ ownership.

A young man working in films? Who "claims" to know the mind set of management?

Nuff said.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Solution, as soon as I read that first paragraph I knew I didn't need to read any further.

To Quote:

quote:
dafndakata, is a young man working in film and claims to know the internal working and mind set of the management/ ownership.

A young man working in films? Who "claims" to know the mind set of management?

Nuff said.

you were able to make it that far. i commend you.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

Now that we have the Brian Hill fan club accounted for, I guess we can move on.

Solution, we just tire of the relentless conversation on the man. Right now there is "nothing" anybody can do.

Some of you guys are "obsessed" with Brian Hill!

Until I hear something different I'm ready to move on in my Magic conversation.

Junkie starts a tread [Vander Weide, " I'm satisfied w/ Coach, we need personnel upgrades"] when in fact Vander Weide never said he was satisfied with the coach.

I am not asking you to believe anything here. Just read and form your own conclusions. If dafndakata returns and gives additional information-fine. This is a discussion board not a chance to echo in agreement what your alledged friends say . Right NBAMagic47?