Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

Sad but True....we will have to overcome the ref's AGAIN...

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Blood:

How many times did LeBron travel last night?

Way too numerous to count. When he is in the post faking and then going up and under his man, his pivot foot changes giving him the space to get his shot off (this would be characterized as a 4th step).

It just kind of irks me that teams cannot defend Dwight and have to resort to flopping or when Joe Smith kind of just flung his head back.

And you know what I cannot blame the defenders for doing this because alot of times the ref is going to side with them and bail them out.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

It's the ECF, we're playing the MVP in his house. We should know in advance we aren't getting the calls.

Alston, Lee, Pietrus, Gortat...heck, even Shard and Turk not getting calls is acceptable. But Dwight getting those fouls called on him as the DPOY and first team center is ridiculous.

There were three calls on Dwight that pissed me off at the time. Though, in all honesty, it's probably more so no calls on LeBron that made two of those get to me.

Dwight being called for his second foul, when lowering his shoulder to go through Smith was fine, until a couple minutes later LeBron does the same to go through Pietrus.

The block Dwight had on LeBron and was called for a foul killed me. He went straight up, then brought his arm down and knocked the ball loose. All ball. Commentators start saying if Dwight doesn't bring his arm down, it isn't a foul, but he didn't contact LeBron with the arm, it was all ball. Hated that call.

The 6th foul on Dwight was absolutely ridiculous.

All that being said, and overall, it was still called fairly closely.

I thought this game was much better called than ANY of the games vs. Boston. Dwight had a few ticky tack ones that were questionable, but it wouldn't be an NBA game without players/coaches/fans complainging about officiating.

Lebron got away with a few that should have been called fouls, but there were 2 fouls I think that were ticky tack. (Bodying up AJ in the backcourt was a crap call, but we'll take it)

In the end, I think it was slightly tilted to them, 60-40. I'll take that any day of the week vs. the annointed ECF Champs (that was before we "shocked" everyone by beating a team we are very successful against.)

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

There were some bad calls, probably both ways, but it sure felt a lot closer to even than it did against Boston.

No way, the refs were horrible. 3 of those calls on Dwight were not fouls. Even the entire TNT crew which is usually LeBron biased said they were not fouls.

We did overcome the refs last night. In a game where they were not calling a lot of fouls either way, they were calling them on our best guy when they were non existent. I could name you 6 to 8 calls that were very bad and not even close.

When Hedo drew that foul on Varaejo and the fans booed... i was just laughing thinking about what they would have done if the C's were there and Pierce had already done that 5 other times in the game... they have no idea....

thank you Pierce for teaching Hedo that move.

Besides, what if Perkins hit the varejo with his elbow, can you imagine? I guess he clashed with MP and he was holding his throat like someone tried to kill him!

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

When Hedo drew that foul on Varaejo and the fans booed... i was just laughing thinking about what they would have done if the C's were there and Pierce had already done that 5 other times in the game... they have no idea....

thank you Pierce for teaching Hedo that move.

And what about the push that varejo did on defensse at the top of the key...and i mean literally a push taht sent hedo about 7 feet backwards...it looked like Ryu when he throws his Hadouken..