Sign in to follow this  
AmazinAnfernee

You guys think Van Gundy's job is in jeopardy?

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

I like SVG, he is 1000% better than Brian Hill and until Phil Jackson says he wants to coach the magic or Pat Riley then I do not want to change.

that would just be cruel, replacing him here with Pat Riley. Im all for Phil Jackson, who has a man crush on D12 and the fact he hasn't signed an extension.

Certainly not this year. But if they lose this series to a team they should beat, he's opening himself up. If the team were to fall into a very, very bad patch next year (unlikely) or if they were to not make it to the ECF at minimum, he'd be gone.

Last year and this year they can chalk up to learning how to play in the playoffs and not having Jameer. A similar exit next year, and no excuse (outside of not having Dwight) would be able to save him. That's just the facts of life in the NBA. Easier to change the coach than the players.

I believe he will be here for a good long time. I dont think this team will go into any funk in the coming years and I fully believe we will win a ring with him at the helm.

quote:
Originally posted by Lawyers,Guns.and Money:

quote:
Originally posted by bballbabe:

quote:
Originally posted by chrisinboston:

I'm not so sure. I don't think he has the respect of his players. You can see in timeouts when he is instructing them, hardly any of the players are paying attention. I think last night was huge for him, if they would have lost 3 in a row and 2 out of 3 at home, it may have been it. But to go game 7 against the defending champs, either way that game goes he is probably ok. But this is the NBA and nothing would shock me.

I don't think he is going anywhere, but this post made me wonder about something. What about the level of respect Stan has abroad? If our players don't respect him, maybe other players don't as well. That could have an impact, as far as attracting free agents to play here. We speculate about getting someone like Rasheed or McDyess...anyone think they may not want to play for VanGundy?

Not claiming they would or wouldn't, but i think it is a fair question.

I'm confident that Stan will still be her next year, but I think that you brought up an interesting point. Since the Magic are not going to be able to outbid other teams, players are going to have to want to come here. The plus of course is knowing that they will be playing with a contending team that features 3 all stars. I hope that will outweigh their not wanting to play for a coach who is constantly in a panic mode.

Yeah I have said this numerous times before, that this team will have problems getting veteran players because they do not want to play for SVG.

Apparently it only takes 2 seasons to completely forget Brian Hill.

Two Otis quotes, one from two years ago when we lost to the Pistons under Brian Hill, the other two days ago.

-----------------------------------------------

I don

NO.

Most who say SVG's job are at stake probably just started following the magic.

But Fair weather Fans are always welcome in my book. I love it when the skys are blue.