Sign in to follow this  
Guardian

Dwight Post Game

I posted this in another thread but i'll re-post here...

quote:
Right now, Dwight is talking and he's pretty much blaming Stan for the last 5 mins of the game and the team (him included) for hanging their heads down and not giving any effort at all; basicallt discontinuing the things that gave them that big lead...

Dwight made a good point though, a point that I made when we lost to the Cavs in game 2 of the regular season. He said that Stan has to recognize what/who's working on the court and stick with it. He said that Stan cant just sub out someone because of A mistake because everyone makes mistakes and that the guy that is subbed in has to "find" his rhythm when the guy being subbed out is already in a rhythm and this give the opponent a chance to get back in it. He said that Stan has to have enough trust in everyone for the team on the floor that "works" to stay on the floor and finish the game.

He also, mentioned not getting enough touches and not being able to get in the flow of the game because of it.

quote:
True, but you cant blame Dwight though... He only got 10 FG attempts =s and was in foul trouble on 1 or 2 questionable fouls. When you are the center of an offense you have to get more than just 10 attempts. Dwight gets about 1 attempt per each 4 mins... that's unacceptable and Dwight has every right to complain about not getting touches. As far as effort IN THE 2ND HALF goes, he didnt bring it...

He does have a point thought, I've seen Stan cost us games because of untimely substitutions... I don't know if it's because of a lack of trust like Dwight said or, I hate to say it but, "panic"

I haven't seen or heard any postgame thus far, but if Dwight is complaining hes not getting the ball enough-PAHLEASE!!! The guy is a tunrover machine. Maybe after this season when he gets a counter move to his spin hook from 12 ft out, or his running hook at the free throw line, he'll get the ball more.

Bottom line, its the players who didn't put the ball in the hole the last 5 minutes of the game, and allowed them to score almost EVERYTIME down the court.

Only thing I am curious to know is who is slowing the ball down? I mean all season we run and put up well over 100 and now we are lucky to hit 95. That being said, after rebounds I see Stan waving his arm to get the ball up. Who knows.

Dwight should not have called his coach out in the press conference, go to Stan, dont go to the media. He hasnt shown he can score at will against the Boston front court.

Now I would like to know what lineup he was talking about? If it was the lineup that went up 14, I guess he forgot they also wittled that lead to 6? My only gripe was why no Courtney Lee Out there?

He needed to be in the game

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

That press conference shows me that Dwight has not matured yet. He is buying into the same tune/ego as Shaq. Instead of blaming SVG on not feeding him enough, MAN UP AND OWN UP TO YOUR SHTTY DEFENSE THIS GAME.

Too bad for the man child.

While agree that his defense was pretty bad this game, you have to consider his foul trouble and him avoiding the fouls... But yeah, the defense was bad...

BUT how did his conference show that he hasn't matured? He did own up to [the whole team] not playing good defense and just simply stated his observation, which was also my observation that Stan does not trust his players enough to keep them in the game even when those set of players "work". But really though I agree with him... FIVE minutes without scoring and you DONT go to your big man? Sometime within that scoring drought you MUST go inside to Dwight!

I mean he may not make the shot attempt but you have to keep feeding him, that's the only way to get him in a rhythm. You cant give him ONE shot attempt every 4 mins... that's awful!

the problem with D12 as i see it is that if he is more than 3 feet from the basket it seems like he is throwing the ball at the basket. until he develops a shot he needs to focus on defense and rebounding. It seems like he doesn't want to do that. Someone needs to tell him that Bill Russell was one of the greatest centers ever and nevee needed the ball.

That was very uncool by Dwight. He was missing shots and we needed to stay in the game.

Emotions are high but I hope this isn't anything big.

I just keep reading these posts about giving Dwight the ball more and blah blah blah. I agree when hes having a good game we should give him the ball. Tonight-he looked like he was playing at the local YMCA just throwing up hooks, and dribbling off peoples feet. Theres gotta be a reason why the 4 other guys on the court never go to Dwight during crunch time. I think its very easy for Dwight to say he needed the ball more becuase he didnt get it. But if he was 8-40 and we loose, then people say we were giving it to him to much. Once again, there has gotta be a reason why all 4 guys on the court dont go to Dwight during crunch time.

He called himself dominant, and said he needs more touches (remember Shaq's feud with SVG? and Shaq was way better offensively than Dwight back then). Then he goes on blaming the coaches left and right. He didn't own up to any of his mistakes and kept talking about other's mistakes. He keeps talking the talk about he has to be the leader and focus on defense (remember his postgame after game1 and 3 wins?), but he is yet to do that two games in a row. That is not mature professional behavior.

If he intimidated on defense, then things would ease up for the team. It doesn't matter whether he has 3 fouls or not. Don't let people score easy basket. Gortat is very qualified to play if Dwight fouls out.

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

While agree that his defense was pretty bad this game, you have to consider his foul trouble and him avoiding the fouls... But yeah, the defense was bad...

BUT how did his conference show that he hasn't matured? He did own up to [the whole team] not playing good defense and just simply stated his observation, which was also my observation that Stan does not trust his players enough to keep them in the game even when those set of players "work". But really though I agree with him... FIVE minutes without scoring and you DONT go to your big man? Sometime within that scoring drought you MUST go inside to Dwight!

I mean he may not make the shot attempt but you have to keep feeding him, that's the only way to get him in a rhythm. You cant give him ONE shot attempt every 4 mins... that's awful!

quote:
Originally posted by MrHopper:

I just keep reading these posts about giving Dwight the ball more and blah blah blah. I agree when hes having a good game we should give him the ball. Tonight-he looked like he was playing at the local YMCA just throwing up hooks, and dribbling off peoples feet. Theres gotta be a reason why the 4 other guys on the court never go to Dwight during crunch time. I think its very easy for Dwight to say he needed the ball more becuase he didnt get it. But if he was 8-40 and we loose, then people say we were giving it to him to much. Once again, there has gotta be a reason why all 4 guys on the court dont go to Dwight during crunch time.

So true. . .so true! Mr. Hopper, I agree with what you and others have said about these problems that Dwights having on the court.