Sign in to follow this  
EvilGeniusTD

Magic fan wants an apology

I think it would have shown good sportsmanship if Baby were to just say something preemptively to a reporter. But, we've come to expect much less (save Allen) from the Celtics.

You'll notice Provetti and his kid at every home game, I'm disappointed that he reacted this way...it makes our whole fan base look like a bunch of sore losers.

Here's food for thought though, if this were last year's Finals and Baby hit a GW in LA ...he ran up the sideline and hit Jack Nicolas just as hard what would the reactions be?

quote:
Originally posted by MagicMarcin:

I think it would have shown good sportsmanship if Baby were to just say something preemptively to a reporter. But, we've come to expect much less (save Allen) from the Celtics.

You'll notice Provetti and his kid at every home game, I'm disappointed that he reacted this way...it makes our whole fan base look like a bunch of sore losers.

Here's food for thought though, if this were last year's Finals and Baby hit a GW in LA ...he ran up the sideline and hit Jack Nicolas just as hard what would the reactions be?

Agree, just one thing. I don't think the actions have anything to do with being sore losers. They're not complaining about Davis running around celebrating or something like that, they're complaing about something that could have happened anyway. Only if the Celtics lost Davis was gonna be the one looking like a sore loser.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Big EB:

so did he get one yet

He won't get one

Actually Davis apologized today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...ews/story?id=4161194

quote:
If I've hurt anybody or if I've done any harm to anybody, please forgive me because my intentions were just harmless
What else could Provetti have expected? This is the same as any ingenue apology that's issued after a player forced to apologize. Does that make his kid feel better, no. Just seems so stupid...wish this would have been a non-issue.

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

quote:
Originally posted by Lawyers,Guns.and Money:

It looked to me like the kid needs to hit the gym, but not while there is an NBA game is being played. If you're not going to pay attention to what's going on, you ought to keep your fat butt in your court side seat.

the gym?

that kid was like 12

My son played college baseball and worked out 3 days a week at a local gym during the winter to keep in shape when he was 12. What are you talking about?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Big EB:

so did he get one yet

He won't get one

Actually Davis apologized today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...ews/story?id=4161194

quote:
If I've hurt anybody or if I've done any harm to anybody, please forgive me because my intentions were just harmless
What else could Provetti have expected? This is the same as any ingenue apology that's issued after a player forced to apologize. Does that make his kid feel better, no. Just seems so stupid...wish this would have been a non-issue.

Well it's up to him if he feels better. If there's no physiscal harm, he should.

It's also up to Davis if he's being honest or not. He still had to apologize IMO... timely, to a customer, and the kid and family should feel better if this is handled properly.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

quote:

It looked to me like the kid needs to hit the gym, but not while there is an NBA game is being played. If you're not going to pay attention to what's going on, you ought to keep your fat butt in your court side seat.

the gym?

that kid was like 12

My son played college baseball and worked out 3 days a week at a local gym during the winter to keep in shape when he was 12. What are you talking about?

aaand thank you for that example, but i can give you an example of countless more 12 kids i know who did not work out when they were 12.

My only concern is consistency, and I'm not seeing any of it.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I don't believe that the league and the refs are out to get us and make sure they get their Los Angeles / Cleveland Finals. I don't believe in that stuff.

But what I have seen is this:

-Dwight Howard elbowing Samuel Dalembert in the head, and getting a suspension.

-Rafer Alston slapping Eddie House in the back of the head and getting a suspension.

-Eddie House not getting disciplined for the elbow to Alston's gut, which led to Rafer slapping him (apparently it's okay to intentionally hit someone as long as it's in the gut)

-No disciplinary action taken on Kendrick Perkins for an intentional elbow to the throat of Mickael Pietrus.

-No disciplinary action taken on Rajon Rondo for a fish hook to Brad Miller, and a full body check on Kirk Hinrich into the scorer's table.

-No disciplinary action taken on Kobe Bryant for his elbows to Ron Artest.

-Derek Fisher gets suspended, but Fisher isn't Kobe Bryant either.

And now no disciplinary action taken on Glen Davis for shoving a fan out of the way. If that were an Orlando player doing that in Boston, or god forbid Ron Artest, it'd be an automatic suspension. I just want consistency.

I don't think that all of these suspensions are the appropriate action to take. But they have been taken, taken against us, but those same actions aren't taken against high profile teams and players. It's a lack of consistency, and that is what I don't agree with.