Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

Where are all the B Hill supporters now?

quote:
Originally posted by JJZ:

quote:
Originally posted by NBAMagic47:

so you say the right attitude is to be sour and poison every one against the team becauce you dont like the coach. oh yeah what a good attitude.

I didn't say anything of the sort. I said the team will poison their relationships with their fans if they don't fix obvious problems that are causing the Magic to self-destruct. Very few want to watch their team self destruct. You apparently are an exception.

im a fan thru and thru. i dont want to see the team self destruct. the only destruction so far are coming from outside source

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

this team need more changes than change coach. coach is not the problem. roster is

The fact that the team needs to make roster changes doesn't mean they don't need coaching changes as well. It's not either/or. Yes, Otis has work to do. But even if you say the problem was 75% players and 25% coaching, we've still solved a quarter of our problem with a new, better coach. And you never did answer my question about Carlisle or Hill.

so if you say that 75% is players than you agree that the roster is the biggest problem. it makes no difference between carlisle or hill. they have the same coaching style. so i think we might as well keep hill. since i dont think hill is the problem

A couple things:

One, I was using 75/25 as an example. Even if you felt like the players were 3x more of a problem than coach, it still means coach is a problem. The numbers I'd suggest are different.

Second, Carlisle is known as an offensive genius, while Brian Hill is known as a defensive minded coach. The only thing they have in common in terms of coaching that I'm aware of is a history of alienating their players.

Third, just because two people have the same style doesn't stop one from being superior. I have the same shooting style as Redick. It doesn't mean I should be taking minutes from him.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

So, again I ask...Why does Brian Hill deserve our support?

Where are you NBAMagic47. Mrs Hill are you out there?

I think he's somewhere licking his wounds. I have no problem with someone liking Hill. I just wish they would have some logical reason for it. Telling us that our reasons aren't original doesn't qualify as a good argument for retaining Hill.