Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Rd 2 Game 5: Playoffs Game Thread Magic at Celtics 5/12 8:00 PM

If we dont want to blame the refs then we need to explain paul pierce at the line in one quarter more than our whole team combined during 47 minutes. 235 minutes of game time with less fouls than someone had in 12 minutes... I cant even comprehend this stat. Think about the numbers here people. Then understand the same thing happened in game 1 when the celts made a comeback but fell short. If they dont give you calls boston knows it and just clubs all our inside guys without any consequence. Thats why we cant rebound down the stretch.

quote:
Originally posted by AcuWill:

Sounds like the players don't listen to Stan in the end of the game according to his post game comments.

Yeah, something is not right, because Stan said in the post-game press conference that he does not know why, in the last 4 minutes of the game, the team was walking the ball up the court. He said he repeatedly instructed them to push the ball and that there was too much time left in the game, but they did not listen and did what they wanted to do.

It just feels like the players are not listening to Stan, but I'm not sure who is to blame for this. There is definitely something going on.

The funny thing is this... and I hope you all will at least somewhat agree. We are all pissed off at all of the stupid things that happened tonight that went against us. I am sure that many of these things would not have even been mentioned had we won tonight. Yes, winning should have happened, but yes, there is nothing we can do about it now. Also, I am sick from this, and I usually do not feel like puking, but tonight left me scratching my head and calling for the spit up pan. This was a disgrace from every angle possible. We did not deserve to win game 4 as they totally outplayed us, however, we DID deserve to win tonight. We WERE the better team on the floor tonight. And... The fact that Dwight got no significant touches late in the game, is the primary reason we lost. The others HAVE to get him the ball in the post. The officials were ready to make some calls in our favor, but I suppose they just figured that if we do not do what we should, which is going to our best player (which is what champions do in the clutch), then why should they bail us out, and thus the reason we did not get calls late in the game. We GAVE this game away, and every one of them are at fault. My heart is broken for this team, as we were clearly, without a doubt, the better team!!

quote:
Originally posted by Danb23Rock:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Bauncey Chillups:

Lakers also blow plenty of big leads, it's not a problem exclusive to the Magic.

Haha another soft team. They have Kobe though and he is pretty good at closing out games.

Yeah this is not the same team without Jameer and the regular season means jack ****. It is different basketball in the playoffs and that is the problem. They require things this team does not have.

True, though with Jameer we managed to close out the Lakers in two close wins.

quote:
Originally posted by JameersJammers:

The funny thing is this... and I hope you all will at least somewhat agree. We are all pissed off at all of the stupid things that happened tonight that went against us. I am sure that many of these things would not have even been mentioned had we won tonight. Yes, winning should have happened, but yes, there is nothing we can do about it now. Also, I am sick from this, and I usually do not feel like puking, but tonight left me scratching my head and calling for the spit up pan. This was a disgrace from every angle possible. We did not deserve to win game 4 as they totally outplayed us, however, we DID deserve to win tonight. We WERE the better team on the floor tonight. And... The fact that Dwight got no significant touches late in the game, is the primary reason we lost. The others HAVE to get him the ball in the post. The officials were ready to make some calls in our favor, but I suppose they just figured that if we do not do what we should, which is going to our best player (which is what champions do in the clutch), then why should they bail us out, and thus the reason we did not get calls late in the game. We GAVE this game away, and every one of them are at fault. My heart is broken for this team, as we were clearly, without a doubt, the better team!!

Nice first post!

and this is not just a hedo problem, this is a team problem. This is a Dwight, shard, Rafer, SVG, JJ, and every other person out there problem. Im sick and tired of the blame hedo **** right now. Check his stats, he played better than anyone tonight. Granted he played like ****, but that just goes to show you how bad the rest of the team played. We conviently try to place all the blame on SVG and hedo but no one wants to hold the other players on this team accountable.

Rafer's turnovers and bad decisions. Rashards lack of a killer instinct (he should be averaging 30 in this series). JJ's poor shooting. Dwights inability to get his offensive game going. The list goes on and on guys. Dont use hedo and SVG as scapegoats. This team simply is not an elite team yet because of a mental inability to impose their will.

Maybe they need this. I think they are a better team then boston. Boston is just much more disciplined. Maybe this is another lesson to the Magic. I dont know. This is the first time they really have had to hold onto big leads in the playoffs against veteran teams. who knows.