Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Is it time to change the "whole" backcourt? Including Rafer(Daily Dime)

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by Lawyers,Guns.and Money:

Stan will start Rafer and Courtney, and we will win game five, because that combination is what made us dominate the conference after Jameer went down. Now is not the time to reinvent the wheel. JJ absolutely deserves more minutes, and Hedo deserves less minutes. Other than that, we should stay pat with what brought us to this level.

So you are saying that Redick does start and Gortat gets good minutes as well, because without the two of them Philly wins and the Magic would be out of the playoffs.

Wrong. I would like to see Gortat get good minutes, but not at the expense of Dwight sitting. If Stan would be willing to play Gortat and Dwight at the same time, I'd go along with that, but we both know that ain't gonna happen. As far as JJ starting, no way. Courtney is our starting SG and deservedly so. JJ is shooting worse than Hedo for FG percentage for the playoffs for crying out loud,and Courtney is hitting near 50%. Again, I'm impressed with JJ's play so far, but all he did last game was play decent D and get some assists. Are you suggesting that he starts at PG?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

Stan will start Rafer and Courtney, and we will win game five, because that combination is what made us dominate the conference after Jameer went down. Now is not the time to reinvent the wheel. JJ absolutely deserves more minutes, and Hedo deserves less minutes. Other than that, we should stay pat with what brought us to this level.

So you are saying that Redick does start and Gortat gets good minutes as well, because without the two of them Philly wins and the Magic would be out of the playoffs.

Wrong. I would like to see Gortat get good minutes, but not at the expense of Dwight sitting. If Stan would be willing to play Gortat and Dwight at the same time, I'd go along with that, but we both know that ain't gonna happen. As far as JJ starting, no way. Courtney is our starting SG and deservedly so. JJ is shooting worse than Hedo for FG percentage for the playoffs for crying out loud,and Courtney is hitting near 50%. Again, I'm impressed with JJ's play so far, but all he did last game was play decent D and get some assists. Are you suggesting that he starts at PG?

Stan disagree's with your thinking. Brian Schmitz reports today that after the shoot around Stan picked Redick to be the starter. Here is what he said:

While Coach Stan Van Gundy thought hard about making the change, he said after shootaround Tuesday that he will stick with J.J. Redick as his starter at shooting guard and bring Courtney Lee off the bench.

Point guard Rafer Alston is struggling offensively, and is coming off a 1-of-7 shooting performance in Game 4 as is Redick.

Lee started 42 games during the season, but missed three consecutive playoff games after fracturing his sinus cavity.

Redick took over as starter, and although Lee has played well the last two outings since his return, Van Gundy wants to begin the games with Redick and insert Lee to defend Celtics bench star Eddie House.

"This is the lineup we're going to go with," Van Gundy said. "You always go throught ups and down. ...We like the way J.J. has played early, but that thought (to return Lee as a starter) has occurred.

"But right now, we're not going to do this. You're 2-2 in the series and lost at the buzzer at home. It's not time to say 'Oh, my God! We can't do anything.'"

Van Gundy said he didn't consider sitting Alston. "He's just not making shots," Van Gundy said. "I think we can defend Rajon Rondo better. I'd like him to focus on that...but he has to step up and make shots."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.c...g-guard-tonight.html