Sign in to follow this  
Magicfanagain

Hedo - and no it's not an "I'm b****ing" thread

i think the thing with Hedo with the step back 3 was that he was trying to do his best LeBron impersonation. im serious. last yr in game 5 against the Pistons he tried to do dunk all over them in one play like LeBron did against the Celtics last season. i expect him to step it up or just give it to the mask man!

i wonder why i dont see

dwight howards forcing sky hook shot not falling thread(0-4)

or man how bad can alston suck really? thread..

its all about hedo is in it? if he made one of last two try 3s, you all would be kissing his azzz..

ps about passing last possesions.. if you notice that in last 2 min.s strech first howard missed hook shot badly and then lee missed open jumper, and hedo had 2 3s.. i believe stan wanted go with him.. and if u notice after time out we went to lewis very fast and he made FTs.

And some of you guys say lee was hot why he didnt get the ball.. No he wasnt hot. he was 1-4 beefore he made two in a row and then he missed one more...

maybe you all can say hedo can have better decitions but blaming only one guy is amazing..(look our guards FG)

AND nobody talks about how lewis left his guy open for game winner..

its really very simple... babby davis made open lucky jumper nobody was expected... move on and focus next game...

quote:
Originally posted by BLUEHEART:

i wonder why i dont see

or man how bad can alston suck really thread..

its all about hedo is in it? if he made one of last twon try 3s, you all would be kissing his azzz..

ps about passing last possesions.. if you notice that in last 2 min.s strech first howard missed hook shot badly and then lee missed open jumper, and hedo had 2 3s.. i believe stan wanted go with him.. and if u notice after time out we went to lewis very fast and he made FTs.

And some of you guys say lee was hot why he didnt get the ball.. No he wasnt hot. he was 1-4 beefore he made two in a row and then he missed one more...

maybe you all can say hedo can have better decitions but blaming only one guy is amazing..(look our guards FG)

its really very simple... babby davis made open lucky jumper nobody was expected... move on and focus next game...

Great post. +1

quote:

i wonder why i dont see

its all about hedo is in it? if he made one of last two try 3s, you all would be kissing his azzz..

Rafer was benched the entire 4th quarter, and Dwight went to his hook shot once in the entire second half. Changes were made in their cases, you're just failing to acknowledge them.

But if it makes you feel better, I'm just as mad at Redick and Alston for going 2 of 14, Tony Battie for being completely useless, the refs for blowing Rondo's goaltending call, and the entire Magic offense for not going inside after they got Boston into the penalty in the 4th.

But none of those things mean Hedo played well or even "not terrible". It also doesn't explain how "babby" is formed, or whatever you're trying to say with that.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

...But if it makes you feel better, I'm just as mad at Redick and Alston for going 2 of 14, Tony Battie for being completely useless, the refs for blowing Rondo's goaltending call, and the entire Magic offense for not going inside after they got Boston into the penalty in the 4th.

But none of those things mean Hedo played well or even "not terrible"...

Yep. Hedo played bad, but after he realised that his J was not going to win the game, he tried to deliver and better defend Allen. I think it is fair to say he was not the main and the only reason for this loss. In this game we had severe backcourt problems.

Besides, I cannot remember a game Celtics lost lately when they were shooting over 50% from the field. I was even surprised that we were tied in the last seconds. It never felt like that in the second half. We only had small flickers of the required momentum to beat the Celtics.

Having said that I am still confident that Magic have a good chance of winning it again in Boston.

quote:

i wonder why i dont see

Because Dwight made an adjustment to his game and ended up shooting 8-14. All he did was lead us in scoring for the game while getting 17 boards and 3 blocks. Hedo went 4-14, only got 4 boards, and had 3 turnovers.

You obviously haven't read the board if you don't think people are complaining about how bad Alston sucked.

No, it would have been the same reaction from when he hit the shot in Philly. God that was a terrible shot, but at least it went in.

You fail to mention that Dwight hit 2 free throws in that time, and CLee hit 2 jumpers in the 2 minutes before that to pull us even. Silly us for feeling better about a guy who is 3-5 or a guy who is 8-13 shooting easier shots than stepback 3's from a guy who is 4-12. I also thank you for making our point that when they went to Rashard, we scored quickly and easily.

If you don't understand wanting to keep going to a guy who's hit 2 in a row, I can't help you.

That's because that didn't happen. Feel free to watch the replay. Rashard was guarding Pierce on the play. Dwight was guarding Big Baby, who set the pick, and they trapped Pierce to get the ball out of his hands, as SVG instructed. SVG even said the only guy who made a mistake on the last play was him. So nobody's talking about Lewis leaving Big Baby open because that's not in any way, shape, or form what happened.

Hedo seems to be shooting well every other game in the Boston series. I didn't like his 3-bricks at the end of the game one bit either. I saw his facial expression and the words out of his mouth after he missed them. I am sure he didn't like his own shots either. Although he was open, he should have been SMART and take it to the hoop as he has been doing throughout the game. Let's hope he comes back SMARTER and hotter for game 5.

Coming to the issue of Alston.. This guy gives me stomach pain almost every time he handles the ball, and definitely when he shoots a 3 pointer. WHERE IS THE ASSIST-MAN from his first game with Magic? He dribbles, and dribbles, and wastes 10 seconds without any pass (or attempt at the basket), and then the offense has to reset from scratch with 8 seconds left on the clock. On the defensive end it is even worse. His guy is constantly open, and he misses rotations bad. AJ is not as talented, but at least he doesn't bog down the offense or defense.

Pietrus definitely HAS TO stop shooting 3-bricks all game. His advantage is his athleticism and speed. Use it to foul out people.

One play I really thought Rashard could have played better is, at the end of the game, when he shot the 3-pointer with Big Baby running and jumping at him. He should have jumped into Baby and fouled him out, and still shoot 3 free throws. A veteran guy like that should have known better.

Pierce and Baby played with 4-5 fouls all second half, and we couldn't capitalize.

That's the coaches' fault. Oh and the refs who only call 20% of Hedo being fouled.

quote:

i wonder why i dont see

-1. I agree about Alston, but I would much rather have the ball in Lees hands than Hedo's. Also, it wasn't Lewis' fault that Davis was open, SVG set up the defensive play and even took the blame.

Move the ball, rotate the offense and drive to the basket when the shots aren't falling - maybe it's as simple as that - play smart and give it to your BIG Man sometimes to stop the clock or play in out.

the plays run are sometimes too redundant - there has to be some creativity when the shots aren't falling. sounds easier said then done.

can't blame Hedo alone for this one. I don't believe he is selfish, but maybe stubborn. He's been the hero Hedo before, but he does have to know when to dish or create for another teammate. Especially with the amount of attention he can attract at times in the 4th.