Sign in to follow this  
Nike

Rd 2 Game 4: Playoffs Game Thread Magic vs. Celtics 5/10 8:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bullverine:

Yeah some of those calls were iffy, but you have to play defense more than 42 minutes.

I just can't blame that on the refs. Sorry guys

I can

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

HOW THE F DID BIG BABY NOT FOUL OUT ON PREVIOUS PLAY WHERE RASHARD WAS FOULED??

Anybody know the answer?

4 cupcakes and 1 cupcake is 5 cupcakes. Understand?

That is 3 games we have lost at the end. Remember the Pistons series last year? This is becoming a trend, we do not have a go to guy, its who ever decides to go one on one. It becomes mental when you keep losing these games. We are losing to a team whose best player was on the bench in foul trouble, Ray can't make a shot and we let bench players beat us.

quote:
Originally posted by Strata75:

Hey Stan Vandumby, why wouldnt you have an intentional foul and send them to the line to get us the ball back with time on the clock? Semms more of an option than hoping for the best.

This is retarded. You force the other team to beat you, you don't leave three seconds on the clock for an attempt to win it

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

There were some terrible calls, but we shot 5-27 from 3-point range. That's horrible and deserves to lose. It's amazing this was even close.

Yeah, can you imagine the scoreline on Tuesday when we do actually make the shots despite the refs calls? no wonder Boston were so happy. They have nothing left to give, but we do. We can still win this and I say we win on Tuesday and then close it out at home on Thursday

quote:
Originally posted by Weezyana:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Weezyana:

unbelievable...great defense the last 8 minutes and crap defense when it matters the most

That was FANTASTIC DEFENSE. We got a young player who was probably the fourth option to take an jumper out of his range with a solid closeout. That is good defense

Considering that was the second time he did that and he was the hot hand and he was wide open I would say that was terrible defense. Big Baby has been hitting that shot all playoffs.

Incorrect. You would rather have Big Baby taking a contested jumper outside of his range than Pierce turning the lane and going to the foul line. You can't stop everything and we played it smart and hard and the results were not as good as they could have been.

it wasnt out of his range..have u watched any of the games he has played this post season? hes been making that shot with regularity

Again, your wrong. That is a deep shot for him. He usually takes shots about three feet further in and that makes a difference. We forced the screen to come high enough and sent him on a wide enough angle to take him out of his comfort zone. You really can't do much more unless you want to let Pierce turn the corner, foul, or leave a superior player to Davis open. We did everything correct but the outcome wasn't as good as it probably should have been.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Strata75:

Hey Stan Vandumby, why wouldnt you have an intentional foul and send them to the line to get us the ball back with time on the clock? Semms more of an option than hoping for the best.

This is retarded. You force the other team to beat you, you don't leave three seconds on the clock for an attempt to win it

wasnt there 11 sec on the clock? I saw 11 not 3.. maybe it was just me.

I was also surprised that the game was that close with how poorly we played for the most part. That fact only showed me that IF we had played to type of basketball that we played in game 3, game 6 vs. PHI, and those regular season games against CLE, we would've been money for a blowout!

quote:
Originally posted by AcuWill:

That missed goaltend by Rondo on Peaches looks pretty big right about now.

or that BS one on foyle that was called 13 seconds after the fact