Sign in to follow this  
Nike

Rd 2 Game 4: Playoffs Game Thread Magic vs. Celtics 5/10 8:00 PM

Lets see all the horrible calls that the refs favored the Celtics big time tonight:

Rondo tripping himself and getting 2 free throws

Rashard offensive foul when he gets pushed by 2 celtics

Goaltending before halftime Joey Crawford calls 5 seconds late

No goaltend call in the end of the 3rd when peitrus shot and rondo blocked it

End of 3rd. rondo trips over his own feet again. gets 2 free throws

rondo travels with 4 minutes left but gets 2 free throws.

lee fouled with 1 min left no call airball

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by Weezyana:

unbelievable...great defense the last 8 minutes and crap defense when it matters the most

That was FANTASTIC DEFENSE. We got a young player who was probably the fourth option to take an jumper out of his range with a solid closeout. That is good defense

Considering that was the second time he did that and he was the hot hand and he was wide open I would say that was terrible defense. Big Baby has been hitting that shot all playoffs.

Incorrect. You would rather have Big Baby taking a contested jumper outside of his range than Pierce turning the lane and going to the foul line. You can't stop everything and we played it smart and hard and the results were not as good as they could have been.

quote:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

I'm not worried one bit about the series. we played bad today and came this close. Everyone one this board, even from the last series, keep saying we will lose the series after every lose...but here we are tied 2-2. We got a great team when they want to play great. So we got this!

idk how u can say u arent worried....the next game is a must win in my opinion

quote:
Originally posted by Bullverine:

Yeah some of those calls were iffy, but you have to play defense more than 42 minutes.

I just can't blame that on the refs. Sorry guys

But Hedo and Redick are fair game right?

HOW THE F DID BIG BABY NOT FOUL OUT ON PREVIOUS PLAY WHERE RASHARD WAS FOULED??

Anybody know the answer?

I really didn't like our last play on offense. I know it's good to get Lewis on the line..but they left way too much time on the clock. I still figured we lost after the play, but I thought it would be Pierce or Allen doing us in, not tubby.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Weezyana:

unbelievable...great defense the last 8 minutes and crap defense when it matters the most

That was FANTASTIC DEFENSE. We got a young player who was probably the fourth option to take an jumper out of his range with a solid closeout. That is good defense

Considering that was the second time he did that and he was the hot hand and he was wide open I would say that was terrible defense. Big Baby has been hitting that shot all playoffs.

Incorrect. You would rather have Big Baby taking a contested jumper outside of his range than Pierce turning the lane and going to the foul line. You can't stop everything and we played it smart and hard and the results were not as good as they could have been.

it wasnt out of his range..have u watched any of the games he has played this post season? hes been making that shot with regularity

so upset

there goes my sleep tonight. I have to go to work tomorrow with an office full of celtics fans. Its going to be hard to keep my job...

Hey Stan Vandumby, why wouldnt you have an intentional foul and send them to the line to get us the ball back with time on the clock? Semms more of an option than hoping for the best.