quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

VaBch has his negative opinion and he sticks to it no matter what actual evidence indicates.

Notice how you all came with actual evidence and he comes with more conjecture.

What evidence? The wins in the 4th quarter? You want evidence? Watch this team play. Watch Dwight never touch the ball,watch Hedo take bad shots with no accountability, watch any FA who can help us go to another team watch us lose in the second round watch an average Philly team take us to 7 games. Why does everyone think this team is perfect other than Hedo? I gave evidence it came out of our superstars mouth. It came from looking at the past. SVG was fired because he lost his team in his last job. Watch him and thats all the evidence you need. You always post one line comments stating nothing.

And suddenly it all makes sense. Now I know why you waited until the playoffs started before you signed up. The grueling pace of 82 games kept you busy, but once the regular season was over, you had plenty of time to come here and post.

Welcome to the boards, Shaq!

Good one man, funny guy! The fact thats all you had to say proves that you don't have alot to argue. Wait I know, your love for Ron Jeremy has you smitten with SVG. Are you like 12 years old? Now the date I joined is being used against me in my arguements. Sorry I was in Iraq for 9 months while you were having fun on message boards.

I stopped 'arguing' with you because your points are weak and nothing new. You want to attribute everything bad to Stan, and acknowledge nothing that he has helped this team accomplish. SO now I just look at your posts as a joke.

As far as your time in Iraq, well, I spent my time serving this country, so, while I was here enjoying my time on the message boards, I consider the time you spent as 'catching up' with me. Thanks though, btw, glad to see people still signing up to serve.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

VaBch has his negative opinion and he sticks to it no matter what actual evidence indicates.

Notice how you all came with actual evidence and he comes with more conjecture.

What evidence? The wins in the 4th quarter? You want evidence? Watch this team play. Watch Dwight never touch the ball,watch Hedo take bad shots with no accountability, watch any FA who can help us go to another team watch us lose in the second round watch an average Philly team take us to 7 games. Why does everyone think this team is perfect other than Hedo? I gave evidence it came out of our superstars mouth. It came from looking at the past. SVG was fired because he lost his team in his last job. Watch him and thats all the evidence you need. You always post one line comments stating nothing.

And suddenly it all makes sense. Now I know why you waited until the playoffs started before you signed up. The grueling pace of 82 games kept you busy, but once the regular season was over, you had plenty of time to come here and post.

Welcome to the boards, Shaq!

Good one man, funny guy! The fact thats all you had to say proves that you don't have alot to argue. Wait I know, your love for Ron Jeremy has you smitten with SVG. Are you like 12 years old? Now the date I joined is being used against me in my arguements. Sorry I was in Iraq for 9 months while you were having fun on message boards.

I stopped 'arguing' with you because your points are weak and nothing new. You want to attribute everything bad to Stan, and acknowledge nothing that he has helped this team accomplish. SO now I just look at your posts as a joke.

As far as your time in Iraq, well, I spent my time serving this country, so, while I was here enjoying my time on the message boards, I consider the time you spent as 'catching up' with me. Thanks though, btw, glad to see people still signing up to serve.

Yeah well I'm out now, yes my points aren't new. Does that make them wrong? Also, to say my points aren't valid but it is Hedo's fault does not make sense. The problem with this team starts with the people who make decisions, not the only problem, but a huge factor. I judge this team by what we do in the playoffs, as should anyone. Apparently alot of people don't, judging by the only arguement anyone comes up with are regular season wins. This team has more talent than most, those regular season wins should be expected. Winning frachise's demand success in the playoffs. Not only with wins, but even if we lose how we lose.

This team has continued to grow and show improvement under SVG for two consecutive years. He has made the players better, the team better, and their improvement in the regular season and post season both show this.

Is eh the greatest coach in the NBA? Doubtful. Is he without fault? Absolutely not, and neither is the team. Is he making this team better with his coaching? I give that a resounding yes. Once that improvement slows down, then it will be time to move in to a new voice, who will bring more improvements to this team. Until that time, Stan is the man, and he has my support.

Again, placing all the blame on the shoulders of the Coach and the GM without giving them credit for the good they have done is just dumb.

You talk about this team like we struggle to make the playoffs and have no chance of making out of the first round, ever. The negativity you bring, as a new poster, seriously has me questioning your motives on this forum, and is the exact reason why I doubt your loyalty to the team and happen to think you are a troll.

Now, maybe you will prove me wrong in time, but at the rate you are going, I doubt it.

As far as your point about Hedo, I'm not sure where you are going with that, since I haven't mentioned or even remotely hinted at anything Hedo related in our conversation what so ever. Nice deflection though. When in doubt, make up an accusation and defend yourself against it. I'd ask what comes next, personal attacks, but you already played that card as well.

quote:

I judge this team by what we do in the playoffs, as should anyone. Apparently alot of people don't, judging by the only arguement anyone comes up with are regular season wins. This team has more talent than most, those regular season wins should be expected. Winning frachise's demand success in the playoffs. Not only with wins, but even if we lose how we lose.

Okay then, lets try this argument - our starting all-star point guard hasn't played the entire second half of the season, and our starting SF and PF both missed games due to injury at the end of the season. Not to mention our free agent SG/SF that has been in and out of the line-up all year due to injuries. You talk about teams coming back on us, but this is the NBA playoffs. Every team in the NBA is capable of making a run, and the teams that make the playoffs are more capable than the average. Why is it such a surprize that Philly, who has two athletic forwards, and a couple of strong, shot-blocking bigs have given us trouble, especially with Hedo/Shard not 100%; and yet no one seems as surprized that Boston is having trouble with Chicago?? Can you honestly say that KG is more important than Nelson/Hedo/Shard combined? In case you haven't noticed, as Hedo/Shard are getting closer to 100%, the team is playing more like they did in the regular season.

I am concerned that CLee is out indefinitely, and that Dwight isn't playing tonight, but I am not overly concerned with the coaching. SVG is not the greatest X's & O's guy in the league, I think he comes up a bit short on the offensive end - but let's not forget, he has a starting point guard who wasn't with the team for training camp, or the entire first half of the season. Rafer has done an amazing job catching up on the fly, but I am sure that I have not seen some plays the second half that we saw the first.

Winning franchise's dodemand success in the playoffs, but other than Cleveland and the Lakers (both of whom are nearly 100% healthy), no one else has had an "easy" series. Could it be that the parity in the NBA is actually closer than we all thought?!?

quote:

This team has continued to grow and show improvement under SVG for two consecutive years. He has made the players better, the team better, and their improvement in the regular season and post season both show this.

Is eh the greatest coach in the NBA? Doubtful. Is he without fault? Absolutely not, and neither is the team. Is he making this team better with his coaching? I give that a resounding yes. Once that improvement slows down, then it will be time to move in to a new voice, who will bring more improvements to this team. Until that time, Stan is the man, and he has my support.

Again, placing all the blame on the shoulders of the Coach and the GM without giving them credit for the good they have done is just dumb.

You talk about this team like we struggle to make the playoffs and have no chance of making out of the first round, ever. The negativity you bring, as a new poster, seriously has me questioning your motives on this forum, and is the exact reason why I doubt your loyalty to the team and happen to think you are a troll.

Now, maybe you will prove me wrong in time, but at the rate you are going, I doubt it.

As far as your point about Hedo, I'm not sure where you are going with that, since I haven't mentioned or even remotely hinted at anything Hedo related in our conversation what so ever. Nice deflection though. When in doubt, make up an accusation and defend yourself against it. I'd ask what comes next, personal attacks, but you already played that card as well.

Yeah we will never agree, I guess when SVG is let go then hopefully you will still be on these boards and remember these conversations. I don't place all the blame on the coach and GM but they are where it starts. The Hedo point is just because evryone on this board hates Hedo, and blames this teams problem on him. If you don't then maybe you know more about basketball than I thought. Your point about improvement during the post season I don't understand but oh well. As far as my loyalty to the team, Well if you only knew. I don't know how I can prove it but can probably bet that my love for this organization is more than you think. My dad worked for the Magic for 8 years and was a season ticket holder for 12 years. I grew up as a kid around this whole organization. A "troll" would not have the passion that I have for this team but thats all I can say. My negaivity is about the way some things have been handled, you see tons of improvement but the same problems exist that did 2 years ago. Trust me when the game starts I doubt anyone cheers louder than I do.

Im on board as a SVG fan. I think he's the best coach this franchise has ever had and he holds himself accountable along with his players.

Yes I would like him to be a bit calmer but you cant argue with the results he's produced in two short years.

And as far as the playoffs, we have shown steady improvement. Yes we have had quite the series against the Sixers. Last time I checked, they were a playoff quality team. I dont get how some think we should just roll over a good playoff team with ease. This is the postseason, all teams play tough basketball.

This crap is just media hype over a small overblown story and I lost a lot of respect for Denton over this one. He might as well move in with Bianchi and be done with it.