Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Howard Suspended for Game 6

Why wasn't Dalambert suspended for his elbow to the back 4 seconds earlier.

I am sick of people who only watched the slowed down 10th of a second clip having an opinion on this. In real time the elbow is nothing more than Dwight forcing Dalambert to release from him. This is BS.

this is without a doubt one of the worst suspensions i've seen since I started watching basketball.

the first was the Amare suspension(the commissioners job is to ACT IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE LEAGUE AND FANS, Which he did NOT in that case)

but this is ridiculous a player with NO HISTORY of doing anything like this is suspended for a playoff game? While RONDO gets off with nothing?

The NBA SUCKS

Thank god for the NHL

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

I don't mind this suspension but in Rondo's case, that foul may have litterally lost Chicago the game. I mean when you bleed out of your mouth, your free throw shooting percentage takes a serious hit. The argument not only can, but should be made that Rondo fouled Miller so hard that it flustered him into missing at the line. The suspension is what it is but Rondo should not be playing if Dwight isn't

I agree. On top of that, by failing to even acknowledge the Rondo foul, the league is encouraging the very same type of plays they suppossedly want to eliminate.

When the coach labels a blatant clothesline "a great foul", openly brags that it won them the game, and claims "there are no layups in playoff basketball"...this is akin to putting a bounty on players & the league is playing with fire when they don't address it.

I guarantee you Chicago will be assessed a flagrant in game 6 for a foul half as severe.

I believe Dwight is ultimately responsible for the actions he took that got him suspended.

However, did anyone here find Charles Barkley's reaction to the incident, to be a little hypocritical?

Night after night, he says how some player should "put an opposing player on his @ss" or "knock the hell out of him" and yet him and Kenny Smith reacted like Dwight tried to murder Dalambert.

Also, I'm not condoning Dwight's elbow action, but I think that foul/elbow, shut the mouths of all the people, who say Dwight isn't serious enough, or that he likes to play/clown around/smile too much.

quote:
Originally posted by bigfan:

I believe Dwight is ultimately responsible for the actions he took that got him suspended.

However, did anyone here find Charles Barkley's reaction to the incident, to be a little hypocritical?

Night after night, he says how some player should "put an opposing player on his @ss" or "knock the hell out of him" and yet him and Kenny Smith reacted like Dwight tried to murder Dalambert.

Also, I'm not condoning Dwight's elbow action, but I think that foul/elbow, shut the mouths of all the people, who say Dwight isn't serious enough, or that he likes to play/clown around/smile too much.

Stating what is right does not mean you haven't been guilty yourself. Remember, Charles always said he is not a role model.

They are defining the difference between taking someone down hard when they are going for the basket, and cheap-shotting someone with an elbow to the head when they think everyone else is looking at the ball.

Also, acknowledge the fact that the both said that Stu Jackson was wrong for not giving further penalties of some sort to Rondo.

wow the media got what they wanted. stupid how many times that hadnt happen before oh well. tony dileo bit**as*ne** came through. philly association really just pissed me off. if tony dileo dont take advantage tonight and win im gonna go streaking lol. seriously how easier does he want it? and i think tony battie should start!! he would get them jump shots coming through quick! and rondo still plays after the mma blow to the head thats cool i guess. oh and lets not forget docs press conference saying he hit him on purpose to save the lay up and us winning the game(aka A FLGARANT FOUL!!!!!)

THE NBA WHERE BULL**** HAPPENS

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
I'm with Simmons. Rondo didn't get anything because the NBA would have had to admit that the refs blew a huge call at the end of the game in the best first round playoff series maybe in history. Doesn't make it right, but that's what happened.

But that doesn't connect. The league basically admitted that their refs were wrong in not kicking Dwight out the game.

Rondo wasn't given an F1 or suspended because he plays for Boston. Plain and simple.

That's easy, for 3 reasons. 1) our series is getting about 10% of the publicity that series is getting, and 2) Dwight's play didn't directly effect the outcome of the game, and 3) They've got the excuse (which they've been using if you read the articles) that the refs didn't see Dwight actually make contact, just throw the elbow. That's why they didn't throw him out, and why the suspension was given.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
I don't care what anybody is doing to you, you can't swing an elbow like that

I take it you've never played basketball.

Other than 4 years of small college ball and a couple post-grad coaching years, not a lot.

Interesting. On Mike and Mike's show Stu Jackson just said that Dwight would have been suspended even if he had been ejected last game. So, it was pretty big that they did not eject him. Imagine if we had lost him then and for game 6.

OK. So somebody please explain to me how Wade's aggressive play on the ball last night where Mo Evans took a nasty spill as a result of being blocked from behind is assigned a flagrant foul, yet Rondo's open handed punch to the mouth of Brad Miller when the ball is extended 2 feet beyond Rondo's reach is not?

That one blown call, just like last year's blown call against the Hawks, will get the Celtics to the 2nd round.

IMO, poor NBA officiating during the postseason is a bigger efficacy issue than PED's in baseball. Maybe Congress should start setting dates for an ethics hearing.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

OK. So somebody please explain to me how Wade's aggressive play on the ball last night where Mo Evans took a nasty spill as a result of being blocked from behind is assigned a flagrant foul, yet Rondo's open handed punch to the mouth of Brad Miller when the ball is extended 2 feet beyond Rondo's reach is not?

That one blown call, just like last year's blown call against the Hawks, will get the Celtics to the 2nd round.

IMO, poor NBA officiating during the postseason is a bigger efficacy issue than PED's in baseball. Maybe Congress should start setting dates for an ethics hearing.

Last time I checked, Wade doesn't play in Boston, that's how.