Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Howard Suspended for Game 6

Well we all pretty much knew it was gonna happen, so lets beat Philly and their crying coach back to their hole.

Gortat, though not nearly as physical and imposing should get up for this one and get the job done.

But this is a great opportunity for Rashard and Hedo to put up or shut up. Lets see what we got at crunch time.

Dwight is suspended and Rondo isn't. And we know that if Lebron had done this, Dalembert would've been the one suspended. I don't want to hear a word from Cavs/Celtics fans about the NBA or refs treating them unfairly, ever.

I would love to say we'll beat Philly on their home floor with no Dwight, Jameer, Courtney or any refs having our back, but I can't. ESPN/TNT/Stern really want us out of the Cavs way eh?

Wow we had 2 guys really playing well and just lost them both. I do think the other guys will play loose and play well. Who knows,getting a win will be hard but it if Hedo And Rashard have good games it could happen. Somebody else is going to have a big game, maybe JJ.

I hope C lee can come back to join us for round two. Magic still win in 7.

quote:
Originally posted by CubanMagic89:

I saw this coming since the media took it to a new level. To bad Rondo won't be suspended after the cheap shot on Brad Miller.

I would like the league office to explain why Marvin Williams was ejected & suspended for this foul on Rondo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3oGC5rhy_k

But, Rondo isn't even called for a flagrant on this play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6JpEx_CqOc

The question really is who starts at sg? JJ or Peaches?

With Lee out and Dwight out, our rotation has gotten considerably smaller.

im hoping this is the adversity that brings this team together and lets us play with a big chip on our shoulders. We kinda lost sight of that toward the end of the season thinking teams will lie down for us. Let's start taking what we want instead of expecting teams to hand it to us. If this goes to 7..i wouldn't wanna be dalembert...Dwight is gunna go OFF on him. Btw this is still a BS suspension, it was no big deal until most of the unintelligent broadcasters (gary payton, Cwebb, jalen rose etc.)..started yappin their mouths...Um, have any of them watched the entire series? Have any of them played the center position? No and No

The biggest garbage since Amare was suspended. I know that Dwight broke the rules, but so did all the **** Sixers who kept fouling him play after play.

And they don't suspend Rondo? What the hell is up with that? He actually hurt someone, if I remember correctly, Dalembert played the rest of the game.

I honestly think our players are going to be pretty mad at Dwight getting suspended and take each of their games to the next level. I see Pietrus and Gortat playing extremely well and aggressive tomorrow night to take the Series in 6. Then the Sixer fans can shut up. We still need Hedo and Shard to put up some good numbers though.

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

The biggest garbage since Amare was suspended. I know that Dwight broke the rules, but so did all the **** Sixers who kept fouling him play after play.

And they don't suspend Rondo? What the hell is up with that? He actually hurt someone, if I remember correctly, Dalembert played the rest of the game.

If they suspend Rondo, they will have to admit the refs were wrong... Which the NBA will not do

Situation created by the NBA with the refs letting Phily play Dwight overly physical without repercussion. What do they expect? If they want to let teams take cheap shots on big men like Dwight, they need to let Dwight take a cheap shot of his own in return.

I would love to see Foyle and Gortat go after Dalembert and the rest of the Philly bigs with the same BS crap that Philly has been doing to Dwight all series. I don't care if Foyle, Gortat, and Battie all foul out of the game, I want to see 18 hard fouls that leave no chance for a shot to go in, and leave a Philly player on the floor every time.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

If they suspend Rondo, they will have to admit the refs were wrong... Which the NBA will not do

They are admitting that the refs were wrong by suspending Dwight. They are saying, in effect, that he should have been ejected, and because he was not, he is now suspended for a game. What's the difference?