Sign in to follow this  
ibonedteribell

What do you think of the closing of the Flood Otis Email post?

This AM noticed my post suggesting to flood Otis email with documented reasons why he should change the line up today was removed. This has really pissed me off since it is a legitimate option of any fan to express his views. Who made the decision should be openly discussed here and how the members feel about it. he is a public figure and is payed well to do agood job and to make sure the team perform well enough to bring the fans in that keep the owners bank account growing. Democracy? Liberty of free speech? The removal of the mail could be an option but the closure of the post was undemocratic. Let us be heard members.

This AM noticed my post suggesting to flood Otis email with documented reasons why he should change the line up today was removed. This has really pissed me off since it is a legitimate option of any fan to express his views. Who made the decision should be openly discussed here and how the members feel about it. he is a public figure and is payed well to do agood job and to make sure the team perform well enough to bring the fans in that keep the owners bank account growing. Democracy? Liberty of free speech? The removal of the mail could be an option but the closure of the post was undemocratic. Let us be heard members.

My interpretation is that it wasn't closed because of the idea itself, but because someone had posted Otis's actual email address. This is something that you just don't do on public message boards - where anonymity is king.

Anyway, your welcome to continue this thread and to express your desire for change. You can even tell people they should email Otis. But you just can't post his actual email address. If people want to email him, they will just have to get his address on their own.

That's his business address, not a personal address. It's not a secret. That reasoning doesn't make much sense to me.

quote:
Originally posted by JJZ:

That's his business address, not a personal address. It's not a secret. That reasoning doesn't make much sense to me.

Whether it is business or personal doesn't much matter. In general, you just don't post other people's email addresses. Especially if the intent is to flood.

And if it isn't a secret, then it wouldn't be very difficult for individual's to go and get it themselves.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

LOD your new Avatar is very, ahem "BOUNCY" :-)

Yeah, I was just telling WPMagic in another thread that as an avatar, it is too small to truly appreciate.

Oh, and I had complemented your new one the other day...I can actualy feel the spit hitting me.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

LOD your new Avatar is very, ahem "BOUNCY" :-)

Yeah, I was just telling WPMagic in another thread that as an avatar, it is too small to truly appreciate.

Oh, and I had complemented your new one the other day...I can actualy feel the spit hitting me.

Thanks, I love that scene from 300. Kind of how I feel with all the Piston fanatics invading the boards.

That is the only bad thing about video avatars. The lose a lot when shrunk from this size.

300.gif43ek1te.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by JJZ:

Whether it is business or personal doesn't much matter. In general, you just don't post other people's email addresses. Especially if the intent is to flood.

And if it isn't a secret, then it wouldn't be very difficult for individual's to go and get it themselves.

I support that.

Even though it was a great idea, and something has to be done, posting an Email is really not a good idea. He would get so many he will never take the time to answer legit ones. Believe me he knows what the the fans feel. If he doesn't then he isn't doing his job. I am a BHill hater but Oatis is showing class by letting him finish the season. If truth be known, Hill is making it easier to be replaced.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

Bottom line...I will absolutely not tolerate any email addresses being posted on this message board - regardless of whose email address it is. This is not the place for that.