Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

2009 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

That ties a playoff record according to ESPN. 58 point victory.

and if i remember correctly, thats the year that the nba let a wheelchair basketball team play against the showtime lakers.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

PLEASE OH PLEASE look at the +/- stats on this boxscore:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/...ore?gameId=290427003

Holy schnikies.

-39 for Peja! -38 for West and Paul.

A.J. or Hedo, at their absolute worsts this season, have never come close to approaching that futility.

On the other side of it, Billups with a +39. Goodness! BTW, cut Jason Hart for only getting a +8 in 7 minutes played. I mean seriously, that's it!? =P

I know that New Orleans has problems, but the Lakers better watch out. The Nuggets are definitely showing that they can play at an elite level.

We certainly saw what they can do when they play with a purpose when they pounded us here in Orlando (I think we were without Jameer then, but can't remember.)

Phewwwwww!!!!

I wouldn't like to be a NO fan right now... look, with the addiction of Posey they were officially declared contenders, but I love this game 'cause the media offseason predicitions means absolutely nothing until the team is on the field.

On the other side, how much has helped Denver getting rid of AI??? And Billups was a great addiction btw, a vastly underrated player.

What about if they would still have Camby in their roster?

Anyone watching the Hawks-Heat Game 5?

In the last commercial, they had an updated NBA Amazing commercial w/ Kanye West singing "Amazing" ...anyway, at the end was Hedo's game winning three in Philly.

Breaking News: I didn't see what happened but Dwayne Wade is hurt and down in the middle of the court, holding his head... gave me flashbacks of what happened to Courtney Lee.

Playoff scheduling is a joke. Listen to this:

Here is the Nuggets-Mavs schedule:

Sunday, May 3

3:30: Dallas at Denver, ABC

Tuesday, May 5

10:30: Dallas at Denver, TNT

Saturday, May 9

5:00: Denver at Dallas, ESPN

Monday, May 11

9:30: Denver at Dallas, TNT

Wednesday, May 13

TBD:* Dallas at Denver, TNT

Friday, May 15

TBD:* Denver at Dallas, ESPN

Sunday, May 17

TBD:* Dallas at Denver, TBD

SAY WHAT?!? TUESDAY TO SATURDAY?!?

I have said all along, the NBA Playoffs should have the exact same format all the way around:

1 off day between games, UNLESS it is a traveling game. Then, there MAY be 2 days off.

FINALS: 1 off day between games. BUT, traveling games WILL have two days off (the whole cross-country trip thing. haha.)

But to play in Denver Tuesday, then Dallas on SATURDAY?!? REALLY?!?

That's silly.

(oh yeah, and minimum 2 DAYS between series...But I think that's already a rule. Not sure though.)

BREAKING NEWS:

Kobe Bryant and Yao Ming just banged knees and Yao is down, and he's staying down. Whatever it is, he's in a lot of pain. Hopefully it's just a bruise, but when it comes to Yao you never know.