Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkSide

I am BOOING Brian Hill Tonight

quote:
Originally posted by Chief holmes:

as scott has corectly said, those of you that want to boo, then that is totally your right. What i don't understand is what you think it is actually going to achieve???? Do you think that that otis and the managemnet don't know that the fans are unhappy with Hill? He is awaere of the petition against hill and is constantly having to answer questions regarding Hill's future. Do you think when Hill gets boo'd before tip off, the camera will cut to a dumbfounded otis who is paralysed with shock.In a frantic panic he then calls for the microphone, at which point he expresses his bewilderment at the fans displeasure and subauquently sack coach hill there and then.

Rest assured "fans", your actions tonight will impact absoloutley nothing other than the focus of the players. Rest assured that any decisions regarding Coach Hill have ALREADY been made by the management. My bet is that Brian Hill won't make draft day. But any annuncemnet will have been delayed until AFTER the season for the good of the team. Ask yourselves tonight if you are doing the same?

Your point is well taken, and I do agree that whatever is captured by the cameras will not tell the complete story or explain the level or years of fustration that have been exacerbated by the years of bad (really bad) decisions made by the RDV group.

That is not the point, it is not an expression(the Booing) directed towards Otis so much, because most board members do realize that Otis did not select BHill, and it will not be his decision alone to reassign him either (notice I said reassign instead of fire) it is more the expression of directed at Richard Devos and his group, that chose to detach themselves from the daily operation of this organization, which has not worked well at all, because like with the Shaq departure, the Penny Hardaway exit, Doc Rivers, Johnny Davis, Fran Vasquez...etc. We have an opportunity to do great things for many years with the young team that we have, but we will lose that very soon, with the current coaching staff, the players have gotten here (playoffs) by talent, give these guys a system that they could beleive in, with a staff that provides development and direction and we aren't a #8 seed, we probably would have owned the southeast and contended with Detroit for the #1 seed! By the way, BHill is as out of touch with our players than even LB was in New York.....and you can see what happened to them!!!

If you're talking about booing when Brian Hill's name is announced, fine - but if any of you are planning on riding him throughout the game/booing constantly, ya'll need to get a life.

I'm as mad at BHill as anybody, but we're in the playoffs for crying out loud. Save your energy for the Magic..

..I think we'll win tonight, btw..

Nessloch, read the entire post, that is exactly what was said, who in their right mind, to include Knappy, Smackdaddy, Soultion and myself would waste an entire game booing or even waiting to boo BHill?? That is a sad assumption, I attend the game for the players despite BHill!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Scott430:

Chief Holmes I agree with you 100%!! We sit there and we are talking about how we are tired of the the national media giving us crap, we are tired of being disrespected and everything else. Yet people want to BOO our team at the first home playoff game of the year. I know...people say "we are booing Brian Hill." You know what...every single person of that organization from Rich Devos to Rodney Powell is a member of THE TEAM. You boo one guy and you are essentially booing the entire team. I am sure Dwight Howard is going to LOVE hearing that.

You know what, I am not happy with some of the moves management as made, but Chief Holmes did make some good points. We have made some nice moves, especially recently to set us up for the future.

I just can't get over the fact that people are more concerned about using the national TV exposure to voice their displeasure with a coach than for our team to get a chance to show what they are made of.

If you guys want to boo...that is your right...and you probably have every right to boo. But is that going to all of the sudden change something??? ABSOLUTLY NOT. Now if fans show up tonight and support the entire TEAM 100% then maybe...we can start to make a series out of this.

Scott you don't get it - have you read any of the message board - we are not booing our team - we like our team we are booing The Idiot Brian Hill - we cheer Dwight and everyone else - no one is booing the team - we are booing Brian Hill. You can say that booing Brian Hill is booing the team, but I disagree - our players know he is an idiot - they understand why would boo Brian Hill.

quote:
Originally posted by Chief holmes:

as scott has corectly said, those of you that want to boo, then that is totally your right. What i don't understand is what you think it is actually going to achieve???? Do you think that that otis and the managemnet don't know that the fans are unhappy with Hill? He is awaere of the petition against hill and is constantly having to answer questions regarding Hill's future. Do you think when Hill gets boo'd before tip off, the camera will cut to a dumbfounded otis who is paralysed with shock.In a frantic panic he then calls for the microphone, at which point he expresses his bewilderment at the fans displeasure and subauquently sack coach hill there and then.

Rest assured "fans", your actions tonight will impact absoloutley nothing other than the focus of the players. Rest assured that any decisions regarding Coach Hill have ALREADY been made by the management. My bet is that Brian Hill won't make draft day. But any annuncemnet will have been delayed until AFTER the season for the good of the team. Ask yourselves tonight if you are doing the same?

Well, that is why I have to wear the fire Brian Hill t=shirt - I don't want to, but I have to. Both times I have worn it I have been interviewed by the Sentinel (one) and been on the news (two). So, maybe the national camera's will pick me up. I may try to get a seat right behind the bench. Not sure yet.

quote:
Originally posted by Nessloch:

If you're talking about booing when Brian Hill's name is announced, fine - but if any of you are planning on riding him throughout the game/booing constantly, ya'll need to get a life.

I'm as mad at BHill as anybody, but we're in the playoffs for crying out loud. Save your energy for the Magic..

..I think we'll win tonight, btw..

for two more games - three if Detroit is really bored.

Besides they rarely show the players introduction and Coach on TV anymore. So it will be us local who will see it. And you know chief people boo because it is their right to express their feelings and displeasure. Simple! You can cheer for hill when they announce him and no one will care.

On another thread, I asked a question that would be fitting for this one as well, and the question is........In the 20 year history of the Orlando Magic, what Coach has been despised more than Brian Hill??????????

We prefer, misunderstood to despised. He's really a nice guy once you get to know him.

Please allow me to clear up another misconception. Hill has never actually broken me. In fact I have never even been thrown. We actually have stunt clipboards that handle all of that for us.

Any other questions?