Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

What Magic player does "YOUR" game most mirror?(Fun Thread)

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You guys sound like school girls.

Yeah? YEAH? STEP ON THE COURT AND PROVE YOU'RE NOT ONE!

I'd love to see how I play against someone who admires Bogans' hard nosed defense to such a degree.

What court?

Any. We could play in my driveway for all I care.

Your driveway has rocks in it. And your goal only reaches 9'6".

Bogans never made excuses, why should you? Granted, he got lit up by most two-guards despite his trade mark HARD NOSED DEFENSE. Hopefully you're not as much of a disappointment.

Then again, you did rebel against HEDO CLUB with your silly Bogans trash club, which may I add, only lasted two or three days as a club itself.

Club? I'm my own friggin' club for all I care. I don't need "members" or "acknowledgment from peers that Bogans Club is in fact a club".

Excuses? The only "excuses" we're talking about here is your sorry excuse for a basketball IQ. Which closely resembles basketball BBQ to me. Can we just have a barbecue instead of playing basketball? It's better for the knees.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You guys sound like school girls.

Yeah? YEAH? STEP ON THE COURT AND PROVE YOU'RE NOT ONE!

I'd love to see how I play against someone who admires Bogans' hard nosed defense to such a degree.

What court?

Any. We could play in my driveway for all I care.

Your driveway has rocks in it. And your goal only reaches 9'6".

Bogans never made excuses, why should you? Granted, he got lit up by most two-guards despite his trade mark HARD NOSED DEFENSE. Hopefully you're not as much of a disappointment.

Then again, you did rebel against HEDO CLUB with your silly Bogans trash club, which may I add, only lasted two or three days as a club itself.

Club? I'm my own friggin' club for all I care. I don't need "members" or "acknowledgment from peers that Bogans Club is in fact a club".

Excuses? The only "excuses" we're talking about here is your sorry excuse for a basketball IQ. Which closely resembles basketball BBQ to me. Can we just have a barbecue instead of playing basketball? It's better for the knees.

I'm down with a bbq WHILE we play ball in a driveway. I miss driveway basketball. Could we lower the rims to 8 or 8 1/2 feet so that some of us can throw down wicked dunks? Than I wouldn't be Orlando Shawn Kemp who can only squirt on people, I'd be Seattle Shawn Kemp that can throw down nasty dunks and squirt on people.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

And Kitno, word on the street coming out of Lexington, Ky. is that all Memphis fans are now choosing one of two sides...they either hate John Calapari or are now becoming UK fans.

The street doesn't know the hood very well then. Memphians both wallow in their inferiority complex & relish their status as outsiders & underdogs. Which translates to hating pretty much everything and everybody outside of Memphis & that's a universal statement.

I would say I am a mix of Rafer, Jameer, and CLee.

The Rafer in me is my passing and ball distribution. I averaged about 12 pts and 11 assists per game my junior year of high school.

The Jameer is my ball handling. I am not near as good as Jameer is. But I mimic him in a lot of ways. Dribbling the ball low to make it a lot more difficult for a defender to strip me. I was also a very consistent outside shooter.

My defense and FT shooting is where CLee comes into play. When I actually put my mind into guarding someone and locking them down then I do. I have active hands to interrupt passing lanes. Although I can sometimes get screened off and don't have near the speed that Courtney does to be able to make up for it. I was always a 90+% FT shooter.

I tore my knee up when I was younger so I am no longer very athletic. I could touch rim when I was 16. Now at 22 and can barely get backboard. I am 5'9" by the way. My coach also used to always get mad if I didn't score over 20 in a game. And I had to run an extra suicide drill for every point under I was. Which happened often. Because I am the type of player I would rather have an awesome pass to set up a team mate then to score myself.

--Rojogrande

I played high school ball my freshman and sophomore year im now a junior and stopped playing due to grades but i still play a lot of pickup.. and I played point guard... I play a lot like jason kidd, I'm a real good rebounder for a guard, and i play real annoying pressure man on man defense. Im always past first trying to set up my teammates and i have real good court vision which is why I love to get out and run and push the ball in transition... i don't have a real good three pointer because I don't use my legs a lot in my shot but i have a locked on midrange game. If need be i can use my speed and drive and i have a nasty floater i can use to get the ball over bigger players (I'm about 5'10 or 5'11 180 lbs.) So if i had to compare myself to someone on the magic it would be jameer or rafer.

I played some league ball for 2 years from '05 to '07(6 seasons in a row), and the way I play there is no Magic player on this team that is similar to my style.

Lets just say due to my high level of aggressiveness I use to get away with a lot with the refs, and when the other team would complain the refs would simply tell them aggressiveness is rewarded.

In the early 90s I was trained to be a center because I was taller then all the other kids on the team so I developed a wide range of low post moves, including hook shots, spins, turn around J's mixed in with double pump and head fakes.

Then I did not get any taller in high school and I was considered an under sized center. I had to now learn how to play SG and develop ball handling skills (which never came around) and a long range J (which I am a master of the 3 point shot).

So, if I get back into b-ball shape and you see me in a league (I do not play outdoors), look for me to be running pick and rolls with the PG and raining 3s or pull up jumpers from the FT line on offense, and fouling the living s**t out of you and not get called for it on D.