Sign in to follow this  
Nessloch

1st Round Opponent - 2 possibilities - 1 day

I'm just thrilled. NO Miami. NO Detroit. Bring on the Sixers or Bulls, I'm happy with either. I'd prefer to see the Bulls, they don't match up well with not only Dwight, but Gortat either inside. Philly worries me a bit, only because of their athleticism. But that's only if Thaddeus Young is healthy too though, and that's not a guarantee either.

Detroit could win a home game, maybe two against the Cavs. Maybe they could make things interesting against Boston, if KG doesn't get up to speed quickly.

quote:
Am I the only one that thinks Detroit could potentially, not only take Cleveland to 6 or 7, but maybe even WIN???

I don't see them winning (they couldn't beat a weaker Lebron team when they were more powerful years ago). But I do see it as an exhausting series that'll go at least 6. Which is something I'm glad the Magic won't have to deal with.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

Am I the only one that thinks Detroit could potentially, not only take Cleveland to 6 or 7, but maybe even WIN???

Maybe not the ONLY one, but I'm sure both of you will enjoy your company together! lol

Anything can happen except Detroit beating Cleveland, Pistons have our number but we have both the celts and cavs firmly in our sights and a finals spot firmly within reach.

quote:

It happened with Dallas/Golden State not too long ago...but yah it won't happen. I kinda hope detroit beat's up on Boston actually though, since Boston's our only serious obstacle...

quote:

Detroit only had a shot to upset one team. It's painfully obvious that team can't wait to reach the offseason. Which was highly predictable the from the day Dumars made it known half the team had no future in Detroit.

Cavs fans are saying Lebron admitted during postgame interview, that he wants to sit during Wednesday's game vs. Philly.

Boston plays in Philly tonight.

I still think we can end up playing 6'ers in round 1.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Cavs fans are saying Lebron admitted during postgame interview, that he wants to sit during Wednesday's game vs. Philly.

Me too...I'm waiting to see if Boston and Cleveland play their scrubs against Philly.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Me too...I'm waiting to see if Boston and Cleveland play their scrubs against Philly.

scrubs_300x300.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

I think whether Boston and Cleveland play their bench or not Philly is going to lose at least one. Which means it is probably going to come down to Toronto beating Chicago on the road, IMO. And as well as Toronto is playing I don't see that happening. Chicago has proven that they want it, and that should be enough at home.

I still think it's about an 80% certainty that we play Chicago. Philly is just awful right now and I don't see them winning both games.

But I guess if they pull it off against Boston tonight I'd have to say it's at least 50/50 that we'll see them, considering that one of *two* things could happen on Wednesday to get Philly to the 6 spot.

My gut tells me they lose both and Chicago wins.

I heard on Sportscenter last night on my DVR while I was searching for J.R. Smith highlights (fantasy HEE HEE!) that Detroit's locked in at #8 and can't reach 7th, probably because Philly owns the tiebreaker on them.

So Cleveland-Detroit is locked in, to join ATL-Miami. Just in case anyone like myself was confused.

Also, Ray Allen is suspended for tonight's game against Philly. So, I wouldn't be surprised if Boston rests their players with Allen and KG already out. Does anyone know whether Philly has to win both of their final two games though? I'd rather see them in the first round, as opposed to the Bulls, but I believe Philly has to win both, and Chicago would have to lose.