Sign in to follow this  
Nessloch

1st Round Opponent - 2 possibilities - 1 day

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

So doesn't Sixers just have to win a game to be #6 seed?

Someone needs to break it down, it should be easy with only 2 teams.

Nope. They have to win both unless Chicago blows it at home against Toronto, then they only have to win once.

I feel it's about an 80% certainty we play Chi-town in Round 1.

Matt Goukas was just commenting that the Cavs have just locked up homecourt for the entire playoffs...he said he wasn't going to predict the Magic opponent because he felt like both the Celts and Cavs were gonna rest their starters...

The Sixers and Bulls head to head is knotted at 2-2.

Conference record, still to be had. Chicago: 24-27 ; Philadelphia: 24-26. (Philly has two games left).

The next tiebreaker is Winning Percentage against Playoff Teams in the East. I currently feel motivated enough to figure this out. Don't get used to this kind of treatment. teehee.

PHILADELPHIA:

Cleveland: 0-3 (1 remaining vs. Cleveland)

Boston: 0-3 (1 remaining vs. Boston)

Orlando: 0-3

Atlanta: 2-1

Miami: 2-2

Chicago: 2-2

Detroit: 2-1

8-15 = .533

CHICAGO:

Cleveland: 1-3

Boston: 1-2

Orlando: 1-3

Atlanta: 0-3

Miami: 1-3

Philadelphia: 2-2

Detroit: 2-2

9-17 = .529

SO...if the Sixers go 1-1 and the Bulls lose to the Raps, the tie breaker is head to head, which is knotted at 2-2.

It then goes to conference record, which would be knotted at 24-28.

The next tie breaker would be winning percentage against East Playoff Teams:

The winning percentage for the Bulls is .529, which cannot change (they don't play another playoff team).

As stated above, if the Sixers go 1-1 to make their record and the Bulls' record even, they would go 9-16 against playoff teams, which is a percentage of .563

MEANING, the Sixers would win that tiebreaker.

So as I've said so many times before...PHILLY OWNS THE TIEBREAKER OVER THE BULLS. Root for Philly to at least tie the Bulls and it's all good!

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

SO...if the Sixers go 1-1 and the Bulls lose to the Raps, the tie breaker is head to head, which is knotted at 2-2.

I believe the only tie-breaker that factors in is conference record.

If both Chicago and Philly end up at with the same record, Philly automatically has a better conference record.

If Philly goes 1-1, and Chicago 0-1, Philly would have the edge 25-27 vs. Chi at 24-28.

If Philly goes 2-0 and Chicago 1-0, Philly would have the edge at 26-26 vs. Chi at 25-27.

quote:
Originally posted by Nessloch:

quote:

If both Chicago and Philly end up at with the same record, Philly automatically has a better conference record.

If Philly goes 1-1, and Chicago 0-1, Philly would have the edge 25-27 vs. Chi at 24-28.

If Philly goes 2-0 and Chicago 1-0, Philly would have the edge at 26-26 vs. Chi at 25-27.

So...if the Celts tommorrow...and the Cavs on Wednesday, rest their starters and give Philly a "W" then we will be playing Philly.

Correct?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

quote:

So...if the Celts tommorrow...and the Cavs on Wednesday, rest their starters and give Philly a "W" then we will be playing Philly.

Correct?

I believe so. As long as I have the conference record numbers correct: Chi (24-27 with 1 to play) and Phi (24-26 with 2 to play)

In order for both Chicago and Philly to be 25-27, for example, Chicago would be 42-40 and Philly 41-41.

Whereas, if they wind up with the same overall record, Philly would have the edge in the conference no matter what.

quote:

quote:

Yeah you're right...Cuz if Philly goes 0-2, then it doesn't matter, because Chicago would have the better overall record anyway.

Junkie, the Sixers either need to win just one game if the Bulls lose to the Raps (tying them at 41-41, with the Sixers owning tiebreakers), or they need to win both games if the Bulls beat the Raps (tying them at 42-40, with Sixers owning the tiebreakers).

So, guaranteed, if the Sixers win out, they're the 6. (I don't think this will happen...I seriously believe Mike Brown will be foolish enough to try to tie that best home record title. He'll play his starters as much as he needs to to win.)

If they go 1-1, they need the Raps to beat the Bulls.

quote:

Am I the only one that thinks Detroit could potentially, not only take Cleveland to 6 or 7, but maybe even WIN???

Your the only one.