Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

You're Stan: What would your playoff rotation look like?

Everybody knows it shrinks once the playoffs start...Stan won't continue to play 9 or 10 players a game...Heck, some coaches don't play more than "7"!!!

Anyhow, you're the coach of the Magic...you've seen this team play pretty much an entire season...

How would your substitution pattern(rotation) look like once the playoffs start?

Everybody knows it shrinks once the playoffs start...Stan won't continue to play 9 or 10 players a game...Heck, some coaches don't play more than "7"!!!

Anyhow, you're the coach of the Magic...you've seen this team play pretty much an entire season...

How would your substitution pattern(rotation) look like once the playoffs start?

that fact that the both of you avoided jj means you'll get yelled at, at some point, by pec or someone or something else.

i'd go with either,it's obvious how stingy stan is going to be come playoff time. i can see j rich wearing a suit and foyle dressed out for some reason, that's the only change.

I prefer to see Battie, JJ and AJ have their minutes cut. JJ might get used more if teams go to a small ball lineup but Gortat and Pietrus should get the most minutes off the bench. AJ should only be used to give Alston a quick breather.

1. Dwight

2. Rashard

3. Rafer

4. Lee

5. Turk

---

6. Pietrus

7. Gortat

---

8. A.J.

9. Redick

Ordered by who should get the most minutes.. the first tier should get no less than 35, maybe closer to 38-40 minutes a game. The second tier about 20-25 minutes a game. The third between 8 and no more than 15 a game.

I worry about Turk tiring out and getting stints of turkoflu. He needs to be kept fresh. I hope Rafer is capable of, and does, play a lot of playoff minutes because the less A.J., the better. Redick's good for 10-12 minutes a game unless there's foul trouble. I don't want to see Battie on the court at all unless Dwight gets himself in serious foul trouble and Gortat needs some rest, I really don't. Being experienced doesn't necessarily mean you can help the team enough on the court.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

that fact that the both of you avoided jj means you'll get yelled at, at some point, by pec or someone or something else.

JJ is my 8th man, he plays if somebody else gets hurt.

Also, everybodies minutes go up except Hedo's. I would seriously consider even cutting Hedo's minutes to like 30-32.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

C/PF - Howard, Lewis, Gortat

SF - Hedo, Pietrus, Lewis

SG - Lee, Pietrus

PG - Alston, Lee

Junkie, sound familiar??? Possibly use JJ or Battie if something is off.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

C/PF - Howard, Lewis, Gortat

SF - Hedo, Pietrus, Lewis

SG - Lee, Pietrus

PG - Alston, Lee

Junkie, sound familiar??? Possibly use JJ or Battie if something is off.

I thought you said you'd sub Pietrus, Gortat and or Battie, plus A.J.???

Kitno doesn't have Battie or A.J. getting "ANY" minutes...

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

I think the fact that JJ didn't play against Cleveland is telling.

PG - Alston, AJ

SG - Lee, Pietrus, Redick

SF - Hedo, Pietrus

PF - Lewis, Gortat

C - Howard, Gortat

Yeah I'm sticking with 9 because I'm a rebel. I can see an AJ, Redick, and Pietrus line-up on the floor in the playoffs. I know a lot of you love to hate JJ, but if we play Detroit, he actually does a better job overall of chasing RIP than the other two because of his high BB IQ and his own experience with reading screens IMO.