Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

2006-2007 PLAY-OFF GAME THREAD***Pistons vs Magic***GAME 3

It always happens jameer gets hot we loose, 19 attempts at the basket. We looked liked 5 guys playing for them selves. Howard did not come thru the real reason for the loss. They beat us by their 3 pt goal %.

The sad thing is that Clueless Tomato Faced Hill will believe that because Jameer scored a lot of points tonight, he played great, so he deserves to play even more minutes in the last game of the postseason.

Even sadder will be if Otis is blinded by Jameer's scoring tonight, so he decides to keep Jameer as the "superstar, franchise PG" and give him all the $$$$$$$ he does not deserve....

exactly!!!! people here forget that jameer has been awefull for the last 14 games!!!!!!! all of a sudden he has a great scoring night and he is the pg of the future. That is bs. He was "due" for his night...now brace yourself!!!! Also he shot so much that what did he get like 2 assist??? BH and his brillian lineup....same people...same result. I wonder if we could had use bogans or reddick. Oh well that is what happens when we have the most inept coach in the nba!!! I will take a 10pts 8 assist game any night from my pg but that is not the way that Bh sees it. Idiot!

Maybe Jameer shoots so much because noone else on this team will freggin step up and be THE guy. Howard is too young and raw. Hill is too old and all the others are scared. I don't think Jameer should shoot 19 times in a night, but how about the other guys on this team step up and realize that there is nothing to lose at this point. Game 4- stop being scared of the Pistons and play as hard as you can.

I agree that Jameer is obviously not a true point guard. Yes he had a good game, but this has happened all year, he plays horrible for a stretch, might have one or two games and cycle repeats itself. Until he can develop more into a true point guard he needs to come in as a backup.

I also agree that sadly, he is the closest thing we have to a scorer sometimes. Grant plays hard but I think he is just flat out too hold to be a consistent threat night in and night out. Dwight, Darko and Trevor I think could form a very formidable front line in terms of scoring power because they all bring different things to the table...the problem is that they are all still very raw offensively.

This brings us back to the main issue we have all faced all year...Brian Hill. We need someone who can come in and develop Dwight, Darko and Trevor, as well as JJ into the offensive players they are capable of being. This is why coaches exist...to get the most out of their players and develop them. It seems as if Brian Hill has no interest in spending time building on the strengths of his players, yet does what HE think is best.

You can see flashes from all those guys. No one can question Dwight's athleticism and raw power. But when he catches the ball down on the block, I have to hold my breath. Darko could develop into more of an outside big man. He can knock down the jump shot and seems to be very comfortable driving the lane and taking that baby hook. B Hill continually tries to put him in a post up situation, which is not his strength. Trevor is extremely athletic and has no problem getting to the basket. His problem is that once he is there, he really has no idea what to do with the ball and often misses what should be a gimme shot.

These are all things that we should have at least seen progression on this year...but honestly I have seen very little if any. Otis continually talks about this being his "core" group and he feels good about this young team. Well if you don't find a way a coach who is going to spend time developing young players, then you are going to continue to float around in the middle-bottom half of a conference that you SHOULD be a year or two out from dominating.

Good game Meer, but still dont think u should start, when he is on he refuses to pass the ball, and still his defense is atrocious, I still think Darko and Dooling should start.

Also why would Brian have a lineup of all slashers again, arroyo,Dooling,Ariza,Darko,Dwight is not going to work.

And Battie an Nelson constantly gettting beat doesnt help either. When they get beat others have to come and help and Detroit is excellent at finding the open man

But we know Brians philoshy what didnt work this time, nor the last or before that might work next time.