Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

Gamethread March 21st: Knicks @ Magic (7PM ET)

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Lawyers,Guns.and Money:

Then my question would be, who do you think the Magic can sign for 10M a year, that would bring more to the table than Turk? Please don't take this post as dissing you, because I'm not. Just tell me who we can get in that price range that is better than Turk.

I made a list a while back of players better than Turk who make less than 10m a season and aren't on rookie deals. I don't feel like trying to track it down, and I'm not even sure if it was on this board, but I can tell you for fact that Gerald Wallace, Caron Butler, and David West all make under 10m a season, and as long as they passed a physical, I'd take any one of them over Hedo in half a heartbeat.

Hell, Danny Granger signed an extension so his new deal starts next year, and his new deal starts below 10m(9.93m to be precise). Is there anyone on this board who actually believes Hedo is a better player than Granger?

Why is Granger a better player? Because he puts up 25 points per game on 25 shots? If he is such a good player, why is Indiana out of the playoffs? You fail to see the system in which he plays. If you swap Turk with Granger I can guarantee you Indiana's record will stay constant and turk will avg around 25 points if he gets the same touches, but the Magic will do worse because granger is such a "I need the ball in my hands" player. I seen 100's of player who can score if they have the ball in their hands all the time, but once someone on the team starts sharing the ball handling duties and taking more shots, the aforementioned player fails to succeed.

quote:
Originally posted by OnlyIntelPosts:

quote:

quote:

Then my question would be, who do you think the Magic can sign for 10M a year, that would bring more to the table than Turk? Please don't take this post as dissing you, because I'm not. Just tell me who we can get in that price range that is better than Turk.

I made a list a while back of players better than Turk who make less than 10m a season and aren't on rookie deals. I don't feel like trying to track it down, and I'm not even sure if it was on this board, but I can tell you for fact that Gerald Wallace, Caron Butler, and David West all make under 10m a season, and as long as they passed a physical, I'd take any one of them over Hedo in half a heartbeat.

Hell, Danny Granger signed an extension so his new deal starts next year, and his new deal starts below 10m(9.93m to be precise). Is there anyone on this board who actually believes Hedo is a better player than Granger?

Why is Granger a better player? Because he puts up 25 points per game on 25 shots? If he is such a good player, why is Indiana out of the playoffs? You fail to see the system in which he plays. If you swap Turk with Granger I can guarantee you Indiana's record will stay constant and turk will avg around 25 points if he gets the same touches, but the Magic will do worse because granger is such a "I need the ball in my hands" player. I seen 100's of player who can score if they have the ball in their hands all the time, but once someone on the team starts sharing the ball handling duties and taking more shots, the aforementioned player fails to succeed.

I would think that Granger would thrive just like Hedo has in our system.

Remember that Hedo was a bench player most of his years with the Kings and the Spurs. He really wasnt all that with us the first year or two. It really wasnt until we hired SVG and also got Rashard that Hedo started thriving. I would also put some of Turks maturation on Dwight learning the game more.

Indy is where they are because they play absolutely no defense whatsoever. But to say that Hedo would do what he has done with us anywhere is a stretch IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by OnlyIntelPosts:

quote:

Wow, seriously?

Granger is a better shooter, a better ball-handler, noticeably better equipped to be a volume scorer since he's better off the dribble, he's a dramatically better man defender, a moderately better help defender, a better leader and hustles a great deal more.

Hedo is a moderately better passer.

Switch Hedo and Granger, and the Pacers still go nowhere while the Magic become favorites to win the East. And as for the "if he's so good, why aren't the Pacers in the playoffs?", I'm going to go with: "Because their 4/5 rotation is Jeff Foster, Troy Murphy, Rasho Nesterovic and Roy Hibbert. The Belgian cavalry provided more defense in 1941 than that front line does today.

On the other hand, you switch Rasho with Dwight, and the Magic are a .500 team at best, and Indiana wins 50 games.

quote:

quote:

If you can get any of those guys cheaper than or at the same price range as Turk than I'd agree although I am not sure if I'd want a really fragile G.Wallace although I love his defensive toughness and athletism..

And yes, Granger's contract starts with 10M, but increases 1M each year for the next 5 years, so I personally would rather have an about 9M Turk than a 12M Granger

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

I dont take it that way at all. Its a legitimate question. If you want to stay with the small ball lineup (meaning keeping Rashard at the 4) you could go with either Artest or Odom. I think you could get either of them at 10 mil or slightly less. They both bring similar games but maybe not the greatest lockeroom guys. But can be done.

If you want to go to a more traditional lineup (meaning moving Lewis back to the 3) you could probably pick up Rasheed Wallace at a cheaper price. Some like Shawn Marions game at the 4 also. I would probably think that Marion could command at least 7-9 mil a year, im not so sure but some on here like him. Theres also players like Brandon Bass from Dallas or even Paul Milsap or Carlos Boozer that we could make a play for. Now with this type of lineup, you may lose some playmaking ability but I think we have playmakers on this team with Jameer and Rafer, and I think Courtney can grow into that a bit and even JJ shows that he can move the ball effectively.

I'd rather have Hedo than these mentioned like

- the locker room and offensive ritm killer Artest,

- the guy even more inconsistent than Hedo who mentally disappears a lot, Odom,

- the grandpa Sheed who should really not get anywhere near 10M or

- today's Marion who really seems not the same after he left the on ecstasy Suns.

And come on, your're willing to give Bass, a 20mpg guy in an average Dallas team somewhere near 10M bucks or do you really consider him as a better player than Turk; either way, it would be a big downgrade for the team.

I agree that Milsap, however, could be considered if he is available for less than Turk..

quote:
Originally posted by aSnaCCanSa:

quote:

quote:

If you can get any of those guys cheaper than or at the same price range as Turk than I'd agree although I am not sure if I'd want a really fragile G.Wallace although I love his defensive toughness and athletism..

And yes, Granger's contract starts with 10M, but increases 1M each year for the next 5 years, so I personally would rather have an about 9M Turk than a 12M Granger

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

I dont take it that way at all. Its a legitimate question. If you want to stay with the small ball lineup (meaning keeping Rashard at the 4) you could go with either Artest or Odom. I think you could get either of them at 10 mil or slightly less. They both bring similar games but maybe not the greatest lockeroom guys. But can be done.

If you want to go to a more traditional lineup (meaning moving Lewis back to the 3) you could probably pick up Rasheed Wallace at a cheaper price. Some like Shawn Marions game at the 4 also. I would probably think that Marion could command at least 7-9 mil a year, im not so sure but some on here like him. Theres also players like Brandon Bass from Dallas or even Paul Milsap or Carlos Boozer that we could make a play for. Now with this type of lineup, you may lose some playmaking ability but I think we have playmakers on this team with Jameer and Rafer, and I think Courtney can grow into that a bit and even JJ shows that he can move the ball effectively.

I'd rather have Hedo than these mentioned like

- the locker room and offensive ritm killer Artest,

- the guy even more inconsistent than Hedo who mentally disappears a lot, Odom,

- the grandpa Sheed who should really not get anywhere near 10M or

- today's Marion who really seems not the same after he left the on ecstasy Suns.

And come on, your're willing to give Bass, a 20mpg guy in an average Dallas team somewhere near 10M bucks or do you really consider him as a better player than Turk; either way, it would be a big downgrade for the team.

I agree that Milsap, however, could be considered if he is available for less than Turk..

Well I did say if you would read it again that Wallace would be cheaper, and I set Marions price at 7-9 million. And I agree that you wouldnt give Bass 10 mil either. Most all of my options are cheaper than the 10 mil threshold that many on here think it would take to keep Turk.

And no where did I say that Bass is better than Hedo. I said its another option if the team chose to go back to a more traditional lineup.

I suggest you re read my post again as opposed to glancing thru and making conclusions that have nothing to do with what I wrote.