Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

Gamethread March 21st: Knicks @ Magic (7PM ET)

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

Well I'm off to sleep now.

Hope you guys liked my gamethread.

Nite!

You did a great job Addi, thanks for all you did

quote:
Originally posted by cappacappa:

quote:
Originally posted by xava:

quote:
Originally posted by OnlyIntelPosts:

Why are you Hedo homer's discrediting Rashard when without his 27 points this game wouldn't come out as a win.

And also rashard cant do 27 points without hedo's services.

or Hedo couldnt have all those assists if it wasnt for Rashard.

Man, no one is discrediting Hedo's good game, but Rashard was the man of the night.

I dont know with what eye u whacth the match ? but my last words is "don forget All the man can do 27 points but they cant do near trible performance. and he do it at the critical time.

what ever if u dont want say its true . DOnt. CYA all have a nice day.

I'm also Turkish and love what Hedo did but you people take it to another level when you put all the success on one person and forget about all others. Without Rashards 21 points in the 1st all of Hedo's heroics wouldnt have mattered.

Stock Up:

Rashard Lewis. (Aaaand now he's the Highest Riser again! Let the roller coaster ride continue. I'll personally exhale when it comes to "Sharmin" when he does it two games in a row. But this was a good first step. His shot came back around and he played tougher on the inside defensively. Well, at times, at least. He was Stock Hell two games ago, so this performance clearly puts him first on the Stock Up list.

27 points on 11 of 18 shooting, 4 of 10 from Three Land, and he hit the only free throw he took. 4 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, a block, and 2 turnovers.)

Hedo Turkoglu. (Not exactly one of Drunk On Mystery's favorite Hedo performances, and I understand why. There was too much one on one shot-chucking from Turk and not enough team play, but as the game wore on, those shots went in more and more often. But what what goes unnoticed by everyone was that he had 7 boards and 5 assists before he even had more than 2 points in the first half.

20 points on 6 of 13 shooting, 4 of 7 from downtown, and 4 of 4 from the free throw line. 7 boards, 9 assists against 3 turnovers, and a steal. He had the highest plus/minus on the team with a +18.)

Team Assists. (After the Magic went several weeks without getting this many assists, Orlando gets 25 assists for the second game in a row.)

Rafer Alston. (We may have our own Mr. Big Shot.

17 points on 5 of 10 shooting, 3 of 5 from deep, and 4 of 4 from the free throw line. 3 boards, 3 assists against 1 turnover, and 3 steals. By the way, Rafer should have another assist than that after Hedo blew an easy layup.)

Marcin Gortat. (In 17 and a half minutes, Warlock had 5 points on 2 of 3 shooting and 1 of 2 from the charity stripe, 8 boards, a block, 4 kills, and a whole helluva lot of changed shots, including two key defensive plays in the last couple of minutes of the game after Dwight had fouled out.)

Courtney Lee. (I wouldn't be surprised if SVG mentions nothing positive to Lee about his game and instead harps on the few times C-Lee was beaten off the dribble. But that's just the coach being tough on the Rook, and he played a nyce game tonight. Er, except for shooting from downtown, anyway.

13 points on 6 of 12 shooting, 0 for 5 from Three Land, and 1 of 2 from the foul line. 2 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, a block, and no turnovers.)

J.J. Redick. (It looks like the Magic have their tough-minded glue guy for the forseeable future!

In 15 minutes, he had 6 points on 2 of 5 shooting and 2 of 4 from downtown. 3 boards, 3 assists, a block, and a turnover. He also took a couple of big charges in the game just when NY was getting momentum.)

Three Point Defense. (New York was only 8 of 28 from downtown for 28.6 percent.)

Gonzaga Bulldogs. (Thank you!!!)

Stock In The Middle:

Turnovers. (Orlando had 14 turnovers tonight. The coughed it up 6 times in the 3rd quarter, but thankfully only twice in the 4th.)

Three Point Shooting. (Orlando was 13 of 34 for 38.2 percent. That's pretty much the average Magic three point shooting game for the last season or two.)

Stock Down:

Team Rebounding. (Not a good effort for the glass overall for the Magicians tonight.

New York outrebounded Orlando 47-38 and had 17 offensive rebounds. Yuck.. especially against the Knicks without David Lee! There's no real excuse for it.)

Dwight Howard. (This Stock Down comes with a disclaimer. He was treated horrendously by the officials tonight, as the Knicks were allowed to hack him like crazy, and hold Dwight whenever he tried to go for a rebound without fouls being called, a good 90 percent of the time.

As it was, he had 15 points on 4 of 7 shooting and 7 of 12 from the charity stripe. 7 boards, 3 blocks, a steal, an assist, and 4 turnovers before fouling out.

You know you're usually awesome day in and day out when 15-7 gets you a Stock Down, though.)

Mickael Pietrus. (He only played 11 minutes but didn't really do that much out there. I guess he was doing a Tony Battie impersonation since Battie DNPed.

4 points on 1 of 5 shooting, 0 for 2 from deep, and 2 for 4 from the foul line. 2 offensive boards and a turnover.)

Anthony Johnson. (Another game where A.J. hasn't done much now, I believe that's 2 of the last 3 or so. 3 points on 1 of 5 shooting, 0 for 1 from downtown, and 1 of 2 from the foul line. 2 boards and 1 assist against 2 turnovers.)

Free Throw Shooting. (Still shaky. Orlando shot 21 of 31 for 67.7 percent from the free throw line.)

That's all. Your Orlando Magic rise to 51-18. Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando all won. Orlando remains 5 games back of Cleveland for tops in the East. Orlando remains half a game back of Boston and tied in the Loss column with 18 a piece. Meanwhile, ATL lost to the Cavs so they fall back to 10.5 games behind Orlando in the Southeast with only 13 Magic games left to play.

Until the next Stock Meeting....

Good night and good luck.

Nate lite us up and what was going on with Pietrus. I am glad that Lewis has been listening to Sky and improved tonight he is still lacking on the defensive end, but I will take what I can get and a win is a win.

Hope for a better game next time against the Knicks in NYC.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

The game shouldn't have been this close. I'll take a W, but it wasn't anything to be really proud of.

Ehh I guess. But a win's a win, no matter if it's 1 or 100

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

Nate lite us up and what was going on with Pietrus. I am glad that Lewis has been listening to Sky and improved tonight he is still lacking on the defensive end, but I will take what I can get and a win is a win.

Hope for a better game next time against the Knicks in NYC.

Nate Robinson lights everyone up. Now Quintin Richardson scoring 33 points on you? That's embarrassing. Last I checked it wasn't 2007 anymore.

Hopefully all Rashard needed was two actual days off back-to-back.

Originally posted by Skywise316:

Stock Up:

Hedo Turkoglu. (Not exactly one of Drunk On Mystery's favorite Hedo performances, and I understand why. There was too much one on one shot-chucking from Turk and not enough team play, but as the game wore on, those shots went in more and more often. But what what goes unnoticed by everyone was that he had 7 boards and 5 assists before he even had more than 2 points in the first half.

QUOTE]

you know what is funny, Even this guy does great job you guys always find to say something negative about him even he was in SU. if he makes couple mistakes boy there is judgement so easy...

sky if you look bolded area what you wrote, you will find out thats what lebron james did to orlando last game... and u said not enough team play i think his 9 assists tells you that how much he shared to ball, even so many player missed a lot of open shots passed by hedo... he is not flawless guy and maybe not great but i wish there was comment about him ONCE with no judgment. i think he deserves that..

im happy that lewis finally had good game and i hope he can continue for more...