Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Schmitz and his "must read" Grant Hill interview(link)

I have no desire to see Grant Hill's quest to find a team to carry him past the 1st round bring him back to Orlando!

If somebody told me today Orlando would win a title next year if they brought Grant back I'd say hell no! Same with Shaq & T-Mac in two years!

People who boo Grant Hill are "folks" who take this way too seriously. Or maybe it's some in joke I've been left out of.

Grant is/was a true gentlemen.

Grant may be a gentelman, but he is a thief! He'll get booed everytime he steps foot in Florida til the day he dies! We carried his @$$ for years and then as soon as he is healthy he jumps ship. There's only one way I'd like to see him back. He spends his entire salary on buying tix and concessions for every fan at every home game.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I have no desire to see Grant Hill's quest to find a team to carry him past the 1st round bring him back to Orlando!

If somebody told me today Orlando would win a title next year if they brought Grant back I'd say hell no! Same with Shaq & T-Mac in two years!

lol so if next year by some act of bhudda shaq wants to come here for the vet min you'd say no? i hate the guy too but based off what happened last night i don't know what the celts, lakers, or cavs could bring to rival those two(shaq/dwight) on the same team.

tmac sucks, hill is a tool, but shaq's size and ability i'd take back for a year, even at this age, and with the dumb quotes.

we should just make our third string out of old broken former magic stars.

By 2011 i want to see Shaq, T-mac, Grant, penny, and juwan howard rounding out our bench.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

People who boo Grant Hill are "folks" who take this way too seriously. Or maybe it's some in joke I've been left out of.

Grant pushed for a sign and trade out of Det out of loyalty to Joe D, where was that same loyalty to a team and city that stood by him for 7 yrs while watching his injuries (not his fault) paralyzed this franchise. Where was that loyalty when it came time to sign for the min on a team that at the time could have used some extra scoring?

This classy propaganda has been attached to Grant as far back as I can remember but all I see is a guy that went on national TV talking about other places he would like to play as soon as he had the chance. All I see is a guy that could have possibly gotten us something in return for 7yrs worth of loyalty and chose not to. Grant Hill is no different than every other player out there, he cares about himself and what other people can do for him, that is your true gentleman.

Propaganda? No I just think Grant is a nice guy. I don't care about his loyalties. He wanted to go to a contender to finish out his broken career. He obviously picked the wrong team and we would have no use for him anymore. I just don't hold grudges against former players. It's a business. He made the wrong business move.

Why out of all players would you want Grant Hill back? Have you people literally gone insane? He can stay in Phoenix Sun Queen nation for all I care.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

Grant pushed for a sign and trade out of Det out of loyalty to Joe D, where was that same loyalty to a team and city that stood by him for 7 yrs while watching his injuries (not his fault) paralyzed this franchise. Where was that loyalty when it came time to sign for the min on a team that at the time could have used some extra scoring?

This classy propaganda has been attached to Grant as far back as I can remember but all I see is a guy that went on national TV talking about other places he would like to play as soon as he had the chance. All I see is a guy that could have possibly gotten us something in return for 7yrs worth of loyalty and chose not to. Grant Hill is no different than every other player out there, he cares about himself and what other people can do for him, that is your true gentleman.

This mirrors my view. The reason he gets booed endlessly isn't because he was injured for six years in itself, it's because he bolted and bolted on the cheap.

I don't want him back, not because I'm bitter. I don't want him back because I don't think he fits this team. Hell, I don't even think he fits the Suns. He can't shoot the three and for the most part has to iso and dominate the ball to be effective, unless he's open on the fast break. Even Ariza's a better three point shooter at this point! Bottom line, I don't believe he fits the on-court chemistry for the rest of the team, especially if Hedo's resigned. Those two are like oil and water.

He'll probably sign with the Lakers for one last run or something.

The only thing I want from Phoenix is their training staff. Seriously, what are those guys doing over there? They've kept Grant healthy for 2 years, they've rolled Shaq's clock back about 3 years, Nash doesn't miss much time. We seriously should be trying to figure out what those guys are doing, because it's incredible.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Third, if Hedo stays Grant could be a back-up for the 2 or 3 spot...just like Pietrus.

This didn't work so hot last time.

With Stan coaching it would be no problem...B.Hill didn't know how to work with that situation...Stan would clearly define their roles for them...I'm sure Grant would have no problem being a secondary option(back-up) on a championship caliber squad.

For the record, Smack mentioned getting G. Hill back would give us 4 small forwards...I checked the PER's of all 4...

Rashard 17.4

Turk 15.1

G. Hill 14.1

Pietrus 12.11

G. Hill is also shooting .513 from the field...tied for his career best(post-ankle surgery)...also shooting 31% from the arc...Turk is shooting 37%.

Anyhow, just seems to me if you can get a guy cheaply who wants to be here and is still a productive player...what's the problem?...you guys know Otis and his precious chemistry...he won't do it if it doesn't feel right.

This summer will be interesting...you never know what the future holds...Turk may bolt???...Maybe they trade Redick???...Maybe they trade Pietrus???(doubtful)

Maybe they keep Lue(j/k)...