Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Suns Game Thread 3-03-09 @ 7:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

Regarding your su/sd SKY, I hate to be the downer here and I am sure some will take offense to this, but I dont understand your analysis of lee recently. It seems like for the past two plus weeks we have been seeing different players. Not that he played badly tonight, i thought a SITM would suffice though. This is all for conversational purposes so please dont take anything too seriously that I say.

Offensively, he did ok, mainly because he didnt clog up the offense...but not stock up worthy, especially since redick equaled his output in one third the time. I am not trying to make this about sg vs sg though. Lee's defense, however, with the exception of the late block/shot alteration after the magic already pulled away tonight...has been steadily getting worse since the middle of february. he is getting blown by on iso's by just about everyone now. and his team oriented D was never really there. granted, he is filling the sg role well(which is rather non existent in our scheme), so i am not complaining. it just makes me wonder why you are inflating his output?

Long story short, I believe everyone has accepted and adapted to their roles on this team. With the exception of the enigma that is MP. I just dont understand what is going on with him. That being said, I am happy with the SG tandem of Lee and Redick. I hope MP comes around. But, to tell you the truth...I dont think he is a SG, I believe he is a SF in our system. He can still guard the other teams best perimeter player, but he doesnt fit offensively in the backcourt for us.

Otherwise, I like your analysis. One last thing, I will be pissed if otis cant ink gortat long term!

You and I will have to agree to disagree, I think defensively he was much better than that tonight. Plus, it's not like I went nuts over him, he was near the bottom of the Stock Up list.

Sportscenter covered Shaq's flopping and even SVG's post-game reaction to it. The anchor said, "Imagine if Dwight flopped on Shaq? Shaq would of talked about it for weeks."

LOL hilarious.

I suppose its been a collective thought on my part and not so much about a single performance. Like I said he didnt play poorly afterall. But, his play and your ranking arent consistent really as he clearly deserved a stockup last game against philly, yet his production waned in every way tonight compared to philly with the exception of rebounding...and I thought the mantra of SU/SD was for game to game progress. But all in all, like usual I agree with your overall analysis and more importantly enjoy reading it.

What a game! First off thanks to all of you viewers on the stream, tonight we had a perfect viewer count and good time chatting. I know I get a little hyped but so were you guys so I felt right at home, and who ever did my little support "clicking" thanks in advance I appreciate it every night! Sorry about the connection problems my internet was acting up today I assume connecting to the router so we had some lags.

On to the game, it was more than I expected. I thought the Suns offense would get to this team and dominate however we finally showed some signs of defense and shot making. I was disgusted by the cross court passes and some basic fundamental plays that we screwed up on. It was a pain seeing those and cost us to lose the lead at times. I felt like Dwight truly played one of his best games this season and put aside the obstacles thrown at him from Shaq to foul trouble. Of course highlight of the night was the Shaq flop and boy, that was one ignorant thing for Shaq to do after talking trash before the game. Excellent game by our warrior, Dwight Howard.

Shard also played one of his BEST games in a magic uniform tonight with 29 pts and 12 rebounds, which is just amazing at this point. The thing I was impressed with was how he attacked the basket right off the tip and gave a few fakes and took the ball off the dribble. THAT is what you have to do Shard make people lay off you at first then you will get some room to fire those daggers away.

Hedo was great, and lets no forget Gortat...this is a gem type of player. His ability to play off the ball and rebound was huge for the time Dwight missed in the game tonight.

The rebounding was great too, there were times that it looked sluggish but seeing that Rafer grabbed 6 which evened out to Rashard at 12 and Dwight's 8 not to mention Gortat's 8, I can see the effort made on the team rebounding and hopefully it gets better because limiting 2nd chance points is something is team needs in order to be successful on the offensive end.

Great win and lets look forward to the Nets and Vince this Friday!

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:

Regarding your su/sd SKY, I hate to be the downer here and I am sure some will take offense to this, but I dont understand your analysis of lee recently. It seems like for the past two plus weeks we have been seeing different players. Not that he played badly tonight, i thought a SITM would suffice though. This is all for conversational purposes so please dont take anything too seriously that I say.

Offensively, he did ok, mainly because he didnt clog up the offense...but not stock up worthy, especially since redick equaled his output in one third the time. I am not trying to make this about sg vs sg though. Lee's defense, however, with the exception of the late block/shot alteration after the magic already pulled away tonight...has been steadily getting worse since the middle of february. he is getting blown by on iso's by just about everyone now. and his team oriented D was never really there. granted, he is filling the sg role well(which is rather non existent in our scheme), so i am not complaining. it just makes me wonder why you are inflating his output?

Long story short, I believe everyone has accepted and adapted to their roles on this team. With the exception of the enigma that is MP. I just dont understand what is going on with him. That being said, I am happy with the SG tandem of Lee and Redick. I hope MP comes around. But, to tell you the truth...I dont think he is a SG, I believe he is a SF in our system. He can still guard the other teams best perimeter player, but he doesnt fit offensively in the backcourt for us.

Otherwise, I like your analysis. One last thing, I will be pissed if otis cant ink gortat long term!

lol...another person that only looks at pts when drawing conclusions. JJ 7 pts, 1 board. Lee- 7 pts, 4 boards an assist, a block a steal and some good D.

you continue to be the most predictable person on these boards:

http://orlandomagiczone.com/ev...?r=67810114#67810114

page 3 about 2/3's of the way down should do it...

woah just got home from the game and i ended up not even going to my seats in the upperbowl and found 5th frow seats in section 117 that no body came to and i cheered my *** off during the game and lost my voice like always it was a sick game and the shaq flop was the funnest thing ive seen in awhile but im gonna buy some real low seats during the play offs so i can talk trash to the players

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:

lol...another person that only looks at pts when drawing conclusions. JJ 7 pts, 1 board. Lee- 7 pts, 4 boards an assist, a block a steal and some good D.

you continue to be the most predictable person on these boards:

http://orlandomagiczone.com/ev...?r=67810114#67810114

page 3 about 2/3's of the way down should do it...

you both are, as well as i am,

hey jj and clee, they're awesome together,

hey isn't peitrus playing sg as well..

no he's too stupid and all of his shots don't fall because they didn't tonight...

jj is subpar, you guys should stop hating on players on this team and by the way bogans sucked, peitrus sucks, and clee is bleh....

did peitrus just block a shot, defend their best offensive threat, and save that kid from the burning buidling?...

no that was jj, he's obviously the best defender at sg we've ever had, and those games that peitrus didn't play in and we were bleeding points at the sg position wasn't jj's fault, all of those other guys are all stars, you can't expect him to defend all stars right?

.... peitrus does

... peitrus is so injury prone.skip.peitrus is so injury prone.skip.peitrus is so injury prone.something about a crotch.

quote:
Originally posted by bro:

quote:
Originally posted by Bauncey Chillups:

Grant Hill at PF? Shard should have his way with him.

Not quite sure of that.
Should have been.

quote:
Originally posted by John the Jerk:

Sorry if I missed it but does someone have a link for the post game interview with Stan? Thx in advance.

im still waiting for a link myself...

I feel like an idiot. I actually forgot this game was tonight. I forgot the Sixers game too, I've never forgotten to miss a game period let alone two in a row.

I need to get less busy...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:

You and I will have to agree to disagree, I think defensively he was much better than that tonight. Plus, it's not like I went nuts over him, he was near the bottom of the Stock Up list.

Sportscenter covered Shaq's flopping and even SVG's post-game reaction to it. The anchor said, "Imagine if Dwight flopped on Shaq? Shaq would of talked about it for weeks."

LOL hilarious.

I suppose its been a collective thought on my part and not so much about a single performance. Like I said he didnt play poorly afterall. But, his play and your ranking arent consistent really as he clearly deserved a stockup last game against philly, yet his production waned in every way tonight compared to philly with the exception of rebounding...and I thought the mantra of SU/SD was for game to game progress. But all in all, like usual I agree with your overall analysis and more importantly enjoy reading it.

Ok murphy, I have held off saying anything to you for most of the season because I just figured you might come around and I didn't want to be a homer. But seriously, what does CLee have to do to get you off his ***. Even in the past when he has played great games you still complain about something he did more so then any other player on the team.

First off when you talk about him getting beat on ISO's let me explain something to you that you seem to be missing. Courtney 9 times out of 10 gets the assignment of guarding the other teams most prolific scorer. These are guys that opposing teams run alot of screens for. I have seen teams run 3 or 4 screens on one play to shed Lee off of his man. Sometimes he gets by them with no trouble, other times he gets hung up. Which is the purpose of a screen. So when these ISO's are run and CLee is screened by an opposing player. It is his team mates who have to hedge out and slow Courtney's man down until he can catch up to the play, which is usually pretty fast. That is why ISO's and screens require TEAM defense to stop them. Alot of times CLee's team mates don't hedge out like they should or switch off when needed and that leaves him hung out to dry. Now I am not saying Courtney has never had a defensive breakdown himself. All players do. But more so it is the Magic's team defense that is inconsistant.

I hear you talk alot also about Courtney being a poor team defensive player himself. Once again not sure where you are drawing that from. You are the only person I have ever heard say that. On this board or any other. He helps out on defense every game. He switches off, hedges, whatever is needed.

Now I know I sound like a huge homer in this post. Partly because I am. But I am objective as well. When Courtney makes a mistake or has a bad game I will be right there with the rest of you all on here complaining about it while picking it apart. I am just tired of hearing you complain about how bad Courtney's defense is every game. No matter what he does.

I will wait for your rebutle.

--Rojogrande

quote:

I'll have to remind you of something.. he did not clearly deserve a Stock Up against Philly. I had to sit back and think about it. Need I remind you that he was horrific in the first three quarters? He missed his first five shots and only ended up shooting 6 of 18. Also Willie Green lit him up for 19 points (19 points for Willie Green is like 50 for D-Wade this season)!

The only reason he even GOT a Stock Up is because he showed heart, kept his head in the game, and played an outstanding 4th quarter. So that comeback from adversity outweighs the negatives, by a small margin, in my view. It's a subjective thing. But I'm judging the whole games, not just the ends of them. Which would you rather have, 2 of 3 shooting or 6 of 18? And this is my opinion because defense is much less stat-oriented, but I think Lee played stronger D tonight from start to finish than in Philly from start to finish. So between those two things, minor Stock Up.

I don't wanna endlessly argue the overall point, just that I don't really agree with your assessment about C-Lee in Philly. He had a great 4th quarter, not this great incredible game. It was just a horror movie with a happy ending, really, lol.