Sign in to follow this  
duelingdragons

Orlando's perimeter defense is a joke.

quote:
Originally posted by oncenaonly:

Ball Junkie, your thoughts, ideas and comments are so dumb your not worth talking to. Period.

We don't need the personal stuff. Just stick to talking about the topic.

I do agree that 2 guards are scoring a bunch, but that's how this league is. Most top scorers are SG or SF that could be 2s...

I do find it odd that you want to put JJ down again, while not putting Lee on the bench too..

I would think they both should deserve the same treatment, if they are both not performing at the 2...

just looking at last night's box score

Lee played 35:09 minutes...

JJ had 19:56...and I think I saw JJ playing the 3 last night...or lets just say Lee and JJ where both on the floor together, with another PG...

I'm not defending JJ or putting down Lee...I actually think they are both playing good and giving us great effort. I just think that if you are going to critize a position because the coach is doing the same, then we had to put down both players..not just one...

I think they are both going to continue playing big minutes and Pietrus will play the 2 and 3...

Nate has just been amazing the past few weeks, since the break...he is a darn good player, and he will go off like that on anyone.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

For the record, a reporter asked Stan about Nate Robinson going off. His response...

After talking about Nate, Stan proceded to criticize his defense...specifically from the shooting guard sport.

This quote is not exact..., "we haven't played good defense on the 2 guard position in I don't know how long". "Every 2 guard position in the league puts up 30 points a night on us".

My suggestion...

First off, thank God Michael Pietrus is coming back Friday. He needs to stay healthy this time and provide this team with what we all thought he was signed for in the first place...defense at the shooting guard position.

Secondly, Stan needs to play Lee and Pietrus at the 2 spot and take J.J. Redick out of the rotation.

Fire away with the insults Redick groupies...I'm ready, lol.

redick groupies can go back to watching boy bands and 5th period science class homework after peitrus comes back. but jj will still get a couple of minutes in here and there, if he's making those stupid hedo shots, that's great, but at the other end he gets beaten so much it's like watching chris brown's greatest hits.. too soon?

we're bleeding points at the sg position, and clee/jj isn't doing the job, clee/peitrus is the defensive rotation you want, and oddly enough they score alot more effectively than jj does. clee's been hitting his jumpshots, cutting to the rim hard, defending, if he was on a crap team he'd be in the rookie of the year race. peitrus can turn it on whenever, it's just been off, but he's the upgrade to bogans' 'hard nose defense.' and even if he's not scoring his shot and his willingness to go hard to the rim that we've all seen usually keeps a very good defender on him.

also shard has been in a somewhat slump, i think peitrus takes alot of pressure off him. but you never know, we'll see when the king of guadalupe comes back.

wilson chandler 27 points

ben gordon 20 pts, rose 22 pts, salmons 11

wade 50.

we all saw it, most of that was jump shots.

I actually find Turk the worse defender on this team. Why SVG sometimes puts JJ and Turk out their together is an utter mystery to me.

And, yes, I am looking forward to the return of MP. He helps not only in defense but also rebounding.

Definately..Turk seems to make many defensive mistakes, but then *****es about it to his team mates, as if they are the ones that failed to help him...

I rather have Pietrus and Lee playing more minutes..I'm just afraid of losing Pietrus again..but I guess we have to see hwat we have in him...soo promising if he can stay healthy....

I still believe that for the most part, the opponent's SG will be the one leading the score for their team. No matter who we play and who defends.

But if any player goes for 30+ more than likely its just their night..no matter who defense...no one would have stopped Wade's 50...

Here's another thing...Redick has far to many games where he plays 20(more or less) minutes and takes a handful of shots...heaven help us if he isn't making any(I'm sure Stan is aware of that because I've noticed his substitution pattern).

Everybody on the planet knows he's out there to shoot the ball and score...but he doesn't get enough shot attempts???

Why...because Dwight and company need to get their shots.

Makes no sense to me for him to be getting that many minutes to rebound and play defense for the most part, when we already have two guys who can do it better.

Anyway, Stan is clamoring for defense from the 2 guard position...then let your guys that are the most capable of it get the minutes, IMO.

Well you geniuses got your wish and the boy wonder and pietrus only gave up how any points?

Nice call as usual junkie. They sure are defensive stoppers ona team that lost how any?

Great ananlysis

quote:
Originally posted by futuremg:

Well you geniuses got your wish and the boy wonder and pietrus only gave up how any points?

Nice call as usual junkie. They sure are defensive stoppers ona team that lost how any?

Great ananlysis

In typical fashion the Redick groupies show up to bash Lee and Pietrus(now that Bogans is gone).

I'm sure letting J.J. guard Rip would have made the difference in the game...LMAO time 1,000 Ha-Ha-Ha.

Can't wait till Redick is gone from this team...one more year at the most...that will be one "GLORIOUS" day when he exits...

Sad part is...I don't really hate him or have anything against him...only his extremely obnoxious fans and their unrealistic expectations.