Sign in to follow this  
Mayhem

If playoffs started today . . .

#3 Orlando vs. #6 Detroit

Oh, CRAP.

I know things will change and the standings will shift, but it's still a possibility. Detroit is regressing, and Orlando looks to be a bit re-energized.

I want to beat Detroit in a playoff series more than anything, but at the same time they make me really nervous. They've consistently been the kryptonite to our Superman.

What I don't get is how a team like Cleveland (a team we matchup well with in my opinion and could beat in a playoff series) could destroy Detroit the way they did last Sunday. Yet, every time we play Detroit it's a tough battle - and in the playoffs it's a battle we continue to lose.

So is this the year? The year to beat Detroit in the playoffs?

What say you? Would you rather bypass the Pistons come playoff time, or hit them head on and show them that we are the better team?

#3 Orlando vs. #6 Detroit

Oh, CRAP.

I know things will change and the standings will shift, but it's still a possibility. Detroit is regressing, and Orlando looks to be a bit re-energized.

I want to beat Detroit in a playoff series more than anything, but at the same time they make me really nervous. They've consistently been the kryptonite to our Superman.

What I don't get is how a team like Cleveland (a team we matchup well with in my opinion and could beat in a playoff series) could destroy Detroit the way they did last Sunday. Yet, every time we play Detroit it's a tough battle - and in the playoffs it's a battle we continue to lose.

So is this the year? The year to beat Detroit in the playoffs?

What say you? Would you rather bypass the Pistons come playoff time, or hit them head on and show them that we are the better team?

For as long as the Pistons have Sheed, they will always have our number. He's just a great post defender vs. Dwight and his ability to defend him straight up, puts more pressure on the other guys to do more uncharacteric things; 1-on-1 isos. That just isn't our game.

Most on here don't feel this way, and want to face the Pistons no matter what. Not me! I can't wait to see how we play them friday. I know they're in a slump, but they still have Sheed, still have McDysse, and still have Rip & Prince. No to mention AI always eats us up.

Friday will be a good test.

Have you guys watched Detroit play lately? I don't care if they've had our number in the past or not, the Pistons are not a good basketball team right now. As currently constructed, I don't see them getting any better until A.I. hits the road in the offseason.

I'm just glad Miami has improved enough move up in the standings. With Wade, that's a team I'd be scared of in the first round.

Thus far, the only two teams that have been able to frustrate Dwight til' the point of neutralization are Detroit and Boston.

Whereas that bum Perkins gets away with murder on the defensive end against Dwight, Sheed is as fundamental a post defender as you're gonna find.

Though, most Magic fans would want Detroit in the first round because beating them would put us mentally, at an all-time high.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Have you guys watched Detroit play lately? I don't care if they've had our number in the past or not, the Pistons are not a good basketball team right now. As currently constructed, I don't see them getting any better until A.I. hits the road in the offseason.

I'm just glad Miami has improved enough move up in the standings. With Wade, that's a team I'd be scared of in the first round.

I was going to say the same thing. I think this is the year the Magic could take down detroit in a 7 game series...rather easily also.

Agreed on the Sheed factor, but then again . . .

I didn't see the Cleveland vs. Detroit game. If Sheed was guarding Big Z, Z dropped 23 on him and Sheed had a lowly 5pts in 27min.

Just saying, Z ain't no D12 and he seemed to do just fine against him.

Our problem with Detroit was they made us slow down and play thier game

I don't see that happening with Alston as our point and how guick he gets us up the floor

By the third quarter look for a tired Detroit team.

with that being said I don't think we need to worry about facing them in the playoffs

quote:
Originally posted by Mayhem:

Agreed on the Sheed factor, but then again . . .

I didn't see the Cleveland vs. Detroit game. If Sheed was guarding Big Z, Z dropped 23 on him and Sheed had a lowly 5pts in 27min.

Just saying, Z ain't no D12 and he seemed to do just fine against him.

Z scored on jumpers. He didn't confront Sheed in the post once, who seems to get amped up when he faces a big-time post presence.