Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Otis Smith on Trade

quote:
On if this makes Orlando championship contenders now...

"Oh, I think so. What he does is compete, what he does is battle every night. What he does is not allow guys to take a step back. He

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Otis definately picked up some overdue respect from some more fans with this move...

GO OTIS !!!

He will have it for a while....but he knows this is a "what have you done lately" business. Even Dumars is feeling some heat now!

quote:
Originally posted by CaliMagicFan:

Lot to read between the lines in there.

quote:
We felt like we had to look at it in its entirety and what it

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Otis definately picked up some overdue respect from some more fans with this move...

GO OTIS !!!

I see a deal that effectively bailed out 3 previous poor decisions. Seems to be the standard for Otis. I'm grateful he made a move to salvage this season, but we never should have been in that position to begin with. I'm grateful we dumped Cook, but anybody within the organization who thought he was a solution for us (and there are a few) has no business making personel decisions for a NBA team.

There are four things that stood out to me. Like gporter said, if the rehab doesn't work or only partially works, then you have to start worrying about next season's training camp and preseason, which is vital to NBA players hitting the ground running in the regular season. Also you gotta love Jameer's competitive spirit, the fact that he had to basically be pulled kicking and screaming into ending his season. I'm REALLY looking forward to Jameer and Rafer co-leading this team next season, not to mention how Dwight grows into more of a leader every day.

The third thing was how Otis stepped up and said that our point guards just weren't playing well enough. Very unlike him to be that straight forward about something.

Finally, the thing that stood out to most is.. Otis wants Rafer playing by tonight? Wow, I was pretty certain we wouldn't see him until Sunday!