Soul Bro

Poll: $178 Million in Two SFs?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

I wouldn't pay Hedo 40m at this point. He's oscillated this year between putrid and slightly above average on offense and always a liability on defense, and there's nothing about someone who's 30 and slightly above average on one side of the ball and useless on the other that screams 10M A SEASON to me.

When we give Hedo his 5yr/50m deal, should I set you on fire or is that something you can handle on your own? Personally, I'm thinking about jumping into a giant container of acid.

I'll be finding the nearest nuclear power plant and jumping head first into a vat of radioactive waste. Either I'll die or I'll get super powers. Either way, I'm a bigger winner than the Magic at that point.

Hmmmm.

Radioactive waste does sound promising. I think you might of sold me on that one.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Why did Otis float his interest in Butler?

Because he's awesome, on one of the league's best contracts, and there were rumors he could be had for expirings and a player or two on rookie deals.

If Otis didn't ask if those rumors were actually true, he wouldn't be doing his job.

quote:

quote:

Why did Otis float his interest in Butler?

Because he's awesome, on one of the league's best contracts, and there were rumors he could be had for expirings and a player or two on rookie deals.

If Otis didn't ask if those rumors were actually true, he wouldn't be doing his job.

I thought Otis just plays Hungry Hungry Hippos all day though?

Still I find it interesting that Butler has been the only name floated by Otis lately. As I wrote a while back, Butler is the player I want. Bring in Butler and sign Sheed this summer ... pleeze!!!!! Tough as nails!

quote:

Still I find it interesting that Butler has been the only name floated by Otis lately. As I wrote a while back, Butler is the player I want. Bring in Butler and sign Sheed this summer ... pleeze!!!!! Tough as nails!

Nelson

Butler

Lewis

Wallace

Dwight

That just wouldn't be fair.

quote:

quote:

Turk and Redick for Butler works.

Not if they're not willing to trade Butler, it doesn't.

It looks like they're going to try to dump Jamison on someone.

Cleveland

quote:

quote:

for some reason people don't like jamison here, i think he'd be a good fit, along with a guy like jefferson, if we had to dump hedo, it might be too earth shattering for otis though.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

quote:

for some reason people don't like jamison here, i think he'd be a good fit, along with a guy like jefferson, if we had to dump hedo, it might be too earth shattering for otis though.

I like Jamison as a player, even if he is just like Hedo in terms of being a gigantic defensive liability, but his contract is obscene. There isn't a sports fan in the area that I've met who doesn't think Jamison's extension and Gilbert's extension aren't exhibit A and B of "The Wizards are the most short-sighted franchise in the NBA".