Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

It's official...Magic trade Keith Bogans for Tyronn Lue(pg.15)

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

why on earth do you give up a first round pick for an expiring contract? talk about setting yourself up for failure...thinking ahead, much better idea...

Because we're trying win a championship. GMs have to take risk like this, when one of their best players are possibly out for the season.

Otis Smith...

Yes Otis Smith, his back is against the wall here.

I bet you anything that he doesn't think it is...

His "no regrets" comment reminded me of something that would have come out of 1 of our past 2 presidents mouths. Stubborn stupidity in the face of adversity.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Bottom line is that it's the wrong time to be trying to make a good deal. Everybody knows we are desperate. We are either going to overpay for a quality PG or acquire a player another team is willing to dump.

Looking through the rosters one quickly realizes there aren't many PG's around the league who fit that second category. Even fewer that have an ounce of talent and aren't named Tinsley or Marbury.

Yes, if Marbury, or Tinsley were available, I would jump at the opportunity. Half a season is not too long to keep it together and with something to prove it could work out well.

Personally, I would be thinking outside the box, and look to acquire Marquis Daniels. He has a team option on his contract next season, he's from Edgewater, and while he's not a true PG, he has played the position & would add a unique dynamic that could compensate for his lack of true PG skills. That will never happen...

So, it comes down to what can Bogans & Cook get us. Cook is useless, in case you missed it, he got rejected by the rim last night during a dead ball. Bogans will fetch us...Lue. BOOooo!

he was in town sat apparently for his mom's funeral, that sucks, best wishes to him and all of that. i don't know if the magic are willing to offer up enough to get daniels here. there is no doubting his skill at all in the least though, if he could run point for us other teams would be up a creek facing our starting lineup if the other 4 were left intact, i have a feeling hedo or something would have to go.

quote:

You're assuming it is though. No matter what, we're looking at a short term solution, and trading one of our expirings for someone else's expiring PG makes perfect sense.

I'll admit that I've had problems with Otis in the past. I didn't care much for us letting Diener and Darko go, didn't care much for trading Ariza....

But hey, we're one of the top 4 teams in the league, best road record, we're straight up merking cats out on the court, so badly they're actually accusing us of running up scores and trying for records. So, I'm okay with the team Otis put together.....

Now, so long as he keeps Howard/Lewis/Turk/Nelson locked up here in Orlando for like a million years, he'll continue to have my complete faith.

Jameer is done ya'll...from Rich Devos

quote:

Magic owner Rich DeVos told us he wants point guard Jameer Nelson to undergo surgery as soon as possible rather than try to play after rehabbing his injured shoulder.

"I'd rather Jameer take care of it now," DeVos said. "I don't think you want to have your body parts at risk. I know I wouldn't want to do that, but I'm old."

Nelson, who sustained a torn labrum in his right shoulder on Monday night, is mulling over his options.

Nelson says he has "a pretty good-sized tear" in the labrum.

The feeling around the club is that Nelson will have the surgery soon so he can be ready for next season.

Dwight said the same thing in another blog...

And you guys know I agree with your comments about Otis...I've already said as much.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2009/02/m...ave-surgery-now.html

quote:

yet last week I bet you we're almost almost almost ready to give Otis his props...

Otis' failure to address this need was destined to become a problem, I was just hoping it would be a short term one until the playoffs.

Btw, Bianchi is still an ignorant d-bag as well, and Otis isn't far behind. His claim that the same fans who said Orlando couldn't win a title with Jameer are now crying that the team can't win one without him while Otis enjoyed some measure of satisfaction convienently ignores the fact the team has no other PG on this roster capable of playing.

That would be like allowing Hedo to walk in FA and failing to replace him and then criticizing those who claimed Hedo was overrated.

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

quote:

You're assuming it is though. No matter what, we're looking at a short term solution, and trading one of our expirings for someone else's expiring PG makes perfect sense.

I'll admit that I've had problems with Otis in the past. I didn't care much for us letting Diener and Darko go, didn't care much for trading Ariza....

But hey, we're one of the top 4 teams in the league, best road record, we're straight up merking cats out on the court, so badly they're actually accusing us of running up scores and trying for records. So, I'm okay with the team Otis put together.....

Now, so long as he keeps Howard/Lewis/Turk/Nelson locked up here in Orlando for like a million years, he'll continue to have my complete faith.

I dont, point that finger at someone else...

quote:
Despite their much-publicized need for a point guard, the Magic don't appear to be likely suitor for exiled Knicks point guard Stephon Marbury.

Between Marbury's huge contract and the fact that no one has seen him play in ages, it just isn't in the cards, although that could change with a buyout, but nothing appears imminent on that front either.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spkn...eb05,0,7174606.story

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

quote:

Merk! I haven't heard this wonderful word in forever!

+1 to Ed

From Steve Kyler on Arroyo...the guy I wanted to try and get:

quote:

posted by Steve Kyler, 5 February 2009 10:31:47 AM - Carlos is under contract to Maccabi Tel Aviv - he's playing 30 minutes a game for them, they are not gonna let him out of his deal... Carlos was also a huge locker room issue last year... He *****ed and complained constantly... I don't think otis sees a lot of urgency to make a deal - the one thing he said the other day was that he was planning to use this opportunity to solve the issue for this year and next... so I expect it will be a younger player.

Now, according to the guys that were posting yesterday in regards to Carlos they said something different in regards to his contract than what Kyler is saying here.

Anyway, I like what Steve is saying here about bringing in a young guy...

Does that mean we can cross Lue, Atkins, Tinsley, Marbury and all the old guys off the PG list...?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11449