Sign in to follow this  
My 6th Rebuild

Jameer Has Torn Labrum, Timetable Uncertain

Yeah I saw it on T.V & was pretty suprise..We'll see as bad as we wish he was never injured..But I still feel he should try to fix the problem as best he can but Nelson is a tough customer..When you them struggle like they do without him & makes you wish alot of things..But we shall see.

The benefit of being in PHX is he can talk to Wade about his experience with a similar situation. Granted, Wade's was his non shooting shoulder, but if there is anyone who plays a game similar to Meer, it is Dwyane.

quote:
Originally posted by datmagic:

jameer was interviewed at the (celebrity) all star game and asked about his injury.

jameer said that he was going to rehab.

when he's at 100% he'll decide if he will go for surgery or not until off season. I thought he was going with the surgery. is this good news to salvage this year?

I've never seen so many differing opinions/stories on one injury, it's getting kind of crazy..

Yesterday this was the latest update about Jameer from my fantasy league that I mentioned earlier in the thread:

quote:
The Sporting News reports that Magic GM Otis Smith said Thursday that Jameer Nelson is done playing this season, whether he has surgery on his injured shoulder or not. "You can rehab it and still play, but that's usually when it's the off (non-shooting) shoulder," Smith said. "He goes down four or five times a game and that shoulder just wouldn't hold up. He's one of my toughest players, but we can't let him play through this."

(Updated 02/12/2009).

And then tonight, like datmagic said, Jameer said he plans on rehabbing all the way through to as close to 100% as he can before deciding on coming back or getting surgery. That's news even from his mouth, as he said after the injury happened that he'd rehab for a couple of weeks before making his decision.

First of all, talk about mixed signals. If you hear from anyone else other than Jameer, he's done for this season. But if you hear from Jameer, it's still open-ended.. and is actually getting MORE open-ended as time goes on, not less.

I wouldn't count on his return, but I sure as heck wouldn't write it off until the man himself says so, either.

I don't see how Meer rehabs back to 100% and then decides to have season ending surgery. That would make no sense. If this is the line he's choosen to take, which any real athlete/competitor would I might add, then season ending surgery would only seem likely IF he isn't close to 100% after rehab, or he re-injuries it.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I don't see how Meer rehabs back to 100% and then decides to have season ending surgery. That would make no sense. If this is the line he's choosen to take, which any real athlete/competitor would I might add, then season ending surgery would only seem likely IF he isn't close to 100% after rehab, or he re-injuries it.

I think that's what he really means, don't you? Get through rehab, see how it feels. If it still feels like something is wrong, surgery, if it feels fine, and doesn't hinder him, play.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

makes clitty tingle?

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I think that's what he really means, don't you? Get through rehab, see how it feels. If it still feels like something is wrong, surgery, if it feels fine, and doesn't hinder him, play.

Yea, at least that's how I would interpet his comment. I can't see a reason he would rehab back to a point he feels comfortable playing and then decides to shut it down.

All in all, this is positive news that provides a hope for the playoffs again.