quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Good game, AMAZING 4th quarter. Fitz is an absolute stud you never heard of. Hopefully, this puts him on the map.

Cardinals D let the team down. Just no reason Holmes should have scored that touchdown.

Fitz is the best receiver in the league, and if he played somewhere that wasn't Arizona, he'd be the talk of the league. He just obliterated the holy hell out of the previous record for receiving yards in a single playoff.

Mark it down: he's the first receiver taken in your fantasy draft next year, barring injuries.

Also, it's high time the entire Cardinals team told Boldin to go **** himself.

what did boldin do?

Got into a shouting match with his offensive coordinator about not getting enough touches in the 4th quarter of the NFC championship that his team was winning.

that? i thought you meant he did something else in the superbowl. That stuff happens all the time. Telling him to f-off would be cutting of your nose to spite your face. They have 2 of the top 10 receivers in the whole league on that team and they're both young. It would be stupid to get rid of him.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Are we seriously not putting a fully motivated Randy Moss in the top 3.

1. Fitzy

2. AJ

3. Randy Moss

4. Steve Smith

5. Reggie Wayne

6. Anquan Boldin

7. Greg Jennings

8. Brandon Marshall

9. Calvin Johnson

10. Roddy White

I said right now! If that's the case, a fully motivated TO could make a run at top 5 in the league.

Also, Housh would be in my top 10. He put up good stats on a HORRENDOUS Bengals team, and never quit playing.

There is a major difference between TO and Moss. TO wants to do well for TO. Moss lacks motivation (though still not right) when his team does not play well or when getting parking tickets. They both have their issues but I would take Randy Moss any day over TO and with Brady he is a Top 3 receiver.

And that is why he isn't on my top 5 list.

Well played. I just cannot objectively look at that list and if you told me I had one guy for next year that I would take those other guys below Moss. Now long term I would drop him down but right now I think he is still the 3rd best receiver in the NFL.

If you asked me to start a franchise today and had the choice between Moss and Boldin/White/Jennings, I would take the other 3 any day of the week. Now, if you told me I could take Moss with Culpepper circa 2000-2004, then I would pick Moss. Those guys have proven they could play without Tom Brady throwing to them, and not let the fact that they don't have a stud QB get to them mentally.

I think Moss is one of those guys who is so naturally talented that if others do not perform at his level he tends to sulk. So yes he does need a Pro Bowl level-Elite QB to be effective. Now I will say all of those other guys in my top 10 will sell themselves out for their team where Moss will not. From a pure talent standpoint though he is Top 3.

Now if I am building for the next say 5 years then I would take everyone else over him.

Ok, I do agree that maybe, even at this age he is top 5 talent wise. But what good is all that talent if it doesn't show up on the field every Sunday (or Monday or Thursday)?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1. Fitzy

2. AJ

3. Randy Moss

4. Steve Smith

5. Reggie Wayne

6. Anquan Boldin

7. Greg Jennings

8. Brandon Marshall

9. Calvin Johnson

10. Roddy White

I said right now! If that's the case, a fully motivated TO could make a run at top 5 in the league.

Also, Housh would be in my top 10. He put up good stats on a HORRENDOUS Bengals team, and never quit playing.

There is a major difference between TO and Moss. TO wants to do well for TO. Moss lacks motivation (though still not right) when his team does not play well or when getting parking tickets. They both have their issues but I would take Randy Moss any day over TO and with Brady he is a Top 3 receiver.

Well played. I just cannot objectively look at that list and if you told me I had one guy for next year that I would take those other guys below Moss. Now long term I would drop him down but right now I think he is still the 3rd best receiver in the NFL.

If you asked me to start a franchise today and had the choice between Moss and Boldin/White/Jennings, I would take the other 3 any day of the week. Now, if you told me I could take Moss with Culpepper circa 2000-2004, then I would pick Moss. Those guys have proven they could play without Tom Brady throwing to them, and not let the fact that they don't have a stud QB get to them mentally.

I think Moss is one of those guys who is so naturally talented that if others do not perform at his level he tends to sulk. So yes he does need a Pro Bowl level-Elite QB to be effective. Now I will say all of those other guys in my top 10 will sell themselves out for their team where Moss will not. From a pure talent standpoint though he is Top 3.

Now if I am building for the next say 5 years then I would take everyone else over him.

Ok, I do agree that maybe, even at this age he is top 5 talent wise. But what good is all that talent if it doesn't show up on the field every Sunday (or Monday or Thursday)?

I just sent this transcript to ESPN. I can only assume we will be NFL analysts next season.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1. Fitzy

2. AJ

3. Randy Moss

4. Steve Smith

5. Reggie Wayne

6. Anquan Boldin

7. Greg Jennings

8. Brandon Marshall

9. Calvin Johnson

10. Roddy White

I just sent this transcript to ESPN. I can only assume we will be NFL analysts next season.

Favre. Brady returns. Favre. Brady returns. Favre. Brady returns.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Good game, AMAZING 4th quarter. Fitz is an absolute stud you never heard of. Hopefully, this puts him on the map.

Cardinals D let the team down. Just no reason Holmes should have scored that touchdown.

Fitz is the best receiver in the league, and if he played somewhere that wasn't Arizona, he'd be the talk of the league. He just obliterated the holy hell out of the previous record for receiving yards in a single playoff.

Mark it down: he's the first receiver taken in your fantasy draft next year, barring injuries.

Also, it's high time the entire Cardinals team told Boldin to go **** himself.

what did boldin do?

Got into a shouting match with his offensive coordinator about not getting enough touches in the 4th quarter of the NFC championship that his team was winning.

that? i thought you meant he did something else in the superbowl. That stuff happens all the time. Telling him to f-off would be cutting of your nose to spite your face. They have 2 of the top 10 receivers in the whole league on that team and they're both young. It would be stupid to get rid of him.

I'd love to see one instance where a player did that during a conference championship his team was winning. Particularly on a team where the player doing it wasn't even the best player on the team at his position.

Boldin is apparently also asking for a gargantuan amount of money.

quote:

I'd love to see one instance where a player did that during a conference championship his team was winning. Particularly on a team where the player doing it wasn't even the best player on the team at his position.

Boldin is apparently also asking for a gargantuan amount of money.

it happens in games all the time...sometimes it's heavily reported (owens, boldin, that guy from san fran) and most of the time it isn't.

boldin is severely underpaid for what he produces, i have no problem with him asking for more money. Fitz is willing to restructure his contract to keep him, so he must be well liked by some of the guys.

also, owens is washed up. He declined this past season. Next season he will be in a freefall.