Sign in to follow this  
AcuWill

Cav fans want a big also

I just hopped over to the Cavs board and found it very interesting that their fans complain about pretty much the same as ours do.

Most interesting though is that they think that unless they trade for a big who is physical and a bruiser they can't get past the Lakers, Celtics or the Magic in the playoffs.......

Sounds like what we are saying and I am sure the Lakers fans have a thinking along the same line. (Maybe, dunno really.)

Perhaps this big to put teams over the top is just an illusion and is just an excuse to cover up other shortcomings of our teams (ie. the Cavs and Magic).

Any ideas about that?

I just hopped over to the Cavs board and found it very interesting that their fans complain about pretty much the same as ours do.

Most interesting though is that they think that unless they trade for a big who is physical and a bruiser they can't get past the Lakers, Celtics or the Magic in the playoffs.......

Sounds like what we are saying and I am sure the Lakers fans have a thinking along the same line. (Maybe, dunno really.)

Perhaps this big to put teams over the top is just an illusion and is just an excuse to cover up other shortcomings of our teams (ie. the Cavs and Magic).

Any ideas about that?

Z, Varejao, Wallace...not enough? They simply can't stop Howard.

All they have to do is watch some film and see how Detroit and Boston do to erase Howard.

quote:
Originally posted by datmagic:

yeah, don't they know. to stop Dwight the need to wear either a Detroit or Boston jersy. its cryp-tonight, cryp cryp-tonight.

lol

I'm sure they are wondering why they have a scrub like V when there are 3 boards in 11 minutes, hustle studs like Battie all over the place.

(sarcasm)

The issue with big men is one that is rooted with the human popualation more than anything. There aren't very many people on this planet that are 6'8 or taller and as a result, there is way too little talent to go around and this causes a lot of bigs that lack the necessary talent and atheleticism to consistently play well and make a difference.

There were way too many Cav fans at the game tonight, there was a bunch of them near us and when they were up 10 they were loud and braggin but I never heard a peep from them in the 2nd half....

saw this posted and thought it was funny

"I'm not that upset, the Magic are just running up the score now. Classless thugs.

This team still is overrated. They beat us in THEIR building, and even gave us a good kick in the butt. Big deal. Come playoff time they'll be at home eating popcorn watching us in the ECF."

Thugs? really? what a joke

quote:
Originally posted by i HATE Rich DeVos:

saw this posted and thought it was funny

"I'm not that upset, the Magic are just running up the score now. Classless thugs.

This team still is overrated. They beat us in THEIR building, and even gave us a good kick in the butt. Big deal. Come playoff time they'll be at home eating popcorn watching us in the ECF."

Thugs? really? what a joke

lol...i never thought this magic team would be referred to as 'thugs'

it was hilarious when mike brown flipped and was going after the ref...and lbj wasn't even fouled on the other end.

quote:
Originally posted by leissaK:

Poorly officiated? Lol.

Yeah, I guess when you get accustomed to Lebrick Jones getting whistles for nothing and continuations after traveling (not to mention the double dribble before the foul occurred) and his cribbles, etc... it might seem like the officiating was pretty awful. PFs even for both teams at 17 a piece, and this does include hacks on Dwight disregarded and flops on their end. Bad officiating goes both ways, no refs will ever catch every call, they're just there to keep the games even for the most part.