Sign in to follow this  
Aron-Ingi

Magic Nets talking trade..

well It's not a horrible deal really talent wise, Orlando cleans up in the deal to be honest (even though $ I dont think this deal will work). Contract wise, it's not a good move at all, Simmons is owed something like 18-19 million between this season and the next, that's a HUGE hit on the books next year...As for Williams, he has potential, not to be as good as the hypers thought, but as a situational defender...real issue with him is that he's a character nightmare and a mental midget...on the other hand NJ is trying to dump Swill pretty hard and dropping Simmons deal probably appeals to them, even though they might just be apt to hold onto his deal as it expires in that all to precious 2010 year...

add also, I dont think you should ever put Simmons (or any player really) and "easily" guard Pierce into the same sentence...I just doesn't work...

Sorry I'm not good with numbers but another idea i was thinking about was CDR and Williams for Bogans/Cookie/maybe wilks or richardson and a first. CDR is a 3rd string point and we were very high on him I believe and even though williams is a nut case he could be our Wallace and provide that extra toughness!

quote:
Originally posted by Magicjunky:

Sorry I'm not good with numbers but another idea i was thinking about was CDR and Williams for Bogans/Cookie/maybe wilks or richardson and a first. CDR is a 3rd string point and we were very high on him I believe and even though williams is a nut case he could be our Wallace and provide that extra toughness!

CDR is a shooting guard, and he's looked atrocious this year. Williams has already been mentioned. Why in the name of Portman would we give up a first in that deal?

quote:
Originally posted by Magicjunky:

1)CDR is a SG/SF, could push the ball, but not a PG...really a pure SG with a lot of other skills...

2)I am pretty sure that Orlando isnt giving up pick(s) especially 1st's, I can almost guarantee that... not to mention, there is NO need to send picks to NJ for anything, let alone a deal that has us taking on their trash...

3)NJ is said to be very high on CDR, as they should be even though he's been crap this year, they are apparently working him very hard with coaches on the side...

4)I'd be surprised if Orlando moved Wilks, as a classy organization I dont see them trading a min guy who tore out his knee and their paying out..just speculation...

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

4)I'd be surprised if Orlando moved Wilks, as a classy organization I dont see them trading a min guy who tore out his knee and their paying out..just speculation...

The only reason he was kept on the roster was to trade, otherwise he would have received an injury settlement, and we would have had an open roster spot.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

The only reason he was kept on the roster was to trade, otherwise he would have received an injury settlement, and we would have had an open roster spot.

willing to put down a wager on him being traded?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

willing to put down a wager on him being traded?

It must be slow today if we are placing bets on whether or not Mike Wilks is going to be traded or not.

I wonder if Jiri Welsch will return to the NBA? Let me go see what Vegas has for the over/under on that one.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Anybody with Insider want to post what's in here?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?co...radeWatchBigs-090129

Apparently, we are talked about.

The Magic have been one of the best teams in basketball this season. If they have a weakness, it's depth in the frontcourt. Dwight Howard is having an MVP-type season. And Rashard Lewis is great.

But after that, the Magic aren't getting much help. Their next-best big is Tony Battie, who is averaging 4.7 points and 3.9 rebounds per game. If Howard or Lewis goes down, the Magic are in trouble.

However, they do have some assets they can throw at the problem. Keith Bogans is in the last year of his contract. Hedo Turkoglu is essentially an expiring contract if he opts out. Other players like Mickael Pietrus and J.J. Redick have trade value.

And if they're willing to take back a bad contract, someone might take the last year and a half of Battie's contract. Ideally, the Magic will find a way to add a veteran like Joe Smith or Rasho Nesterovic. Or, they could make a run at former Magic big man Darko Milicic.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Anybody with Insider want to post what's in here?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?co...radeWatchBigs-090129

Apparently, we are talked about.

The Magic have been one of the best teams in basketball this season. If they have a weakness, it's depth in the frontcourt. Dwight Howard is having an MVP-type season. And Rashard Lewis is great.

But after that, the Magic aren't getting much help. Their next-best big is Tony Battie, who is averaging 4.7 points and 3.9 rebounds per game. If Howard or Lewis goes down, the Magic are in trouble.

However, they do have some assets they can throw at the problem. Keith Bogans is in the last year of his contract. Hedo Turkoglu is essentially an expiring contract if he opts out. Other players like Mickael Pietrus and J.J. Redick have trade value.

And if they're willing to take back a bad contract, someone might take the last year and a half of Battie's contract. Ideally, the Magic will find a way to add a veteran like Joe Smith or Rasho Nesterovic. Or, they could make a run at former Magic big man Darko Milicic.

So I have to pay to be an insider for speculation and an opinion? Awesome.