Sign in to follow this  
Hank Moody

Game Thread: Magic at Heat 1/24/2009

If you leave it to the refs to decide a game, it means you are not putting enough effort to overcome the points from those tick tack calls.

Good teams do not complain to the ref, they just win it.

In the end, can't blame the refs for the loss. The Magic defense sucked. But you cannot say that the refs didn't suck either.

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

You forgot the give the Refs a stock down. They deserve it as much as Brian Cook did.

I didn't forget to give the refs a stock down, I'm TIRED of giving the refs stock downs.

There's a difference. Everyone knows NBA referees suck a**, so I wouldn't be telling anyone anything they didn't know.

quote:
Originally posted by TrueMagicFan07:

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

quote:
Originally posted by ankara:

i wanna forget this game !!

What game?

(as im taking another Crown Royal shot)

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

You guys are so funny . . .

Barnettej, I almost spit out my hot chocolate on my computer keyboard when I read that.

I know it's not funny to lose a game (especially back-to-back), but we all need to be able to laugh.

Thank you Barnettej

LOL.... im glad you didnt, because im too broke to replace a keyboard.

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

If you leave it to the refs to decide a game, it means you are not putting enough effort to overcome the points from those tick tack calls.

That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. I'm sorry but the officiating was horrible. We ARE a good team, and we CAN win even when the officiating is horrible but that is no excuse for it being horrible. They called a foul on dwight when he swiped and hit all ball on a spin move by blount, and they called a foul on him when magloire jumped forward on a rebound. Dwight did not commit a foul either time. Those two fouls kept him out of much more of the second half then normal and was a major reason we lost the game. Conversely at the end of the game, miami was trying to foul dwight and literally chopped him on the arm and the ref didnt call a foul. It was literally the worst non-call I have ever seen and the ref was right there.

You say a team shouldnt leave it to the refs to decide games. Well its hard for them to not decide the game when they take our all-star out of the game and just stop calling fouls on miami. Also to call those tick tack fouls is ridiculous, the three plays im talking about were horrible calls.

Your argument is that we should make more shots since the refs are doing a horrible job? That makes no sense. Yeah some nights we would have won this game, or a "good team" wins it. I guess in your eyes we arent a "good team". However just because we are a good team and can make enough plays to overcome this on a lot of nights, does not mean that we should HAVE to.

I hate to say it but watching a game like this honestly makes me think that that ref had money on the game. I know its a sensitive issue since it has happened and im not trying to just rant about my team losing but the ref(I think it was the bald white guy) did such a horrible job and in such a way that it makes me think he had money on Miami. He made two horrible calls on Dwight to get him out of the game. Then he thought he had done enough for them to win. However we tie the game and when Miami is intentionally trying to foul dwight, he doesnt call a foul so that we can not pull the game out. I'm not saying I think this is definitely the case but I honestly feel that way, if anyone wants to go back and watch the game and tell me i'm crazy, you might be right, but thats the impression i got.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

Simply put, the whole Brian Cook getting minutes lost us the game.

I know right! What is his deal?!? WHY DOES HE PUT THE BALL ON THE FLOOR AND DRIVE TO THE BASKET.

and 2nd. IF HE'S GONNA DRIVE, WHY IS SVG LETTING HIM PLAY.

Good Lord. THAT is frustrating.

You know what I don't Blame Cook I blame BATTIE for playing So BAD That coach SVB had to look past Battie on the bench to Cookie.

quote:
"It's very satisfying to get this one," Wade said. "We had to prove to ourselves, once again, that we can beat the elite teams."

the only good thing i take from this is wade calling the magic an elite team. that's it. goodnight.

looking back over the past two games, one thing springs to mind is what this team lacks of is a 20+ scorer. this team does have to produce a 25+/- scorer with min of 20 FA's a game as quickly as pssible and this player imho ?s rashaard lewis.Otherwise with all starters having 11 to 15 attempts a game regret to say but would not get us where We'd like to be.. hedo and jamaar puts up pretty much the same numbers every game so is dwight. then SVG got to get rashaard using the ball more often.

On another note, seems to me magic doesnt have a specific game plan for crunch time in terms of strategic crunch plays and who 'd have the ball . Last I looked nelson was the 4th leading scorer but he handles the ball like he's wade or kobe ...

Refs are not perfect, and they make mistakes. Some of them make a lot of mistakes. But if Dwight kept his head in the defensive game, we would have been fine.

I am sure we got some calls in our favor also. Miami just kept the intensity going nevertheless.

I also dislike flop-calls and no-calls, but this is how the game and the rules are set up. Either accept it and play hard, or don't bother showing up for the game. Nothing "dumb" about this. If Otis and Stan taught that the game was rigged, they could file an official complaint for video replay.

ps:

One time in a Miami game, Shaq got fouled out in the middle of the second half, and Miami lost the game. However, Miami guys realized that Shaq only had 5 fouls, and the refs miscounted, and they filed an official complaint. Since it is a fundamental mistake that game had to be repeated. Other than that, I don't think the league would give the ref. the benefit of doubt.

quote:
Originally posted by Goulet:

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. I'm sorry but the officiating was horrible. We ARE a good team, and we CAN win even when the officiating is horrible but that is no excuse for it being horrible. They called a foul on dwight when he swiped and hit all ball on a spin move by blount, and they called a foul on him when magloire jumped forward on a rebound. Dwight did not commit a foul either time. Those two fouls kept him out of much more of the second half then normal and was a major reason we lost the game. Conversely at the end of the game, miami was trying to foul dwight and literally chopped him on the arm and the ref didnt call a foul. It was literally the worst non-call I have ever seen and the ref was right there.

You say a team shouldnt leave it to the refs to decide games. Well its hard for them to not decide the game when they take our all-star out of the game and just stop calling fouls on miami. Also to call those tick tack fouls is ridiculous, the three plays im talking about were horrible calls.

Your argument is that we should make more shots since the refs are doing a horrible job? That makes no sense. Yeah some nights we would have won this game, or a "good team" wins it. I guess in your eyes we arent a "good team". However just because we are a good team and can make enough plays to overcome this on a lot of nights, does not mean that we should HAVE to.

I hate to say it but watching a game like this honestly makes me think that that ref had money on the game. I know its a sensitive issue since it has happened and im not trying to just rant about my team losing but the ref(I think it was the bald white guy) did such a horrible job and in such a way that it makes me think he had money on Miami. He made two horrible calls on Dwight to get him out of the game. Then he thought he had done enough for them to win. However we tie the game and when Miami is intentionally trying to foul dwight, he doesnt call a foul so that we can not pull the game out. I'm not saying I think this is definitely the case but I honestly feel that way, if anyone wants to go back and watch the game and tell me i'm crazy, you might be right, but thats the impression i got.

funky game, we really need a backup pg that can handle guards like chalmers, and the defense on wade other than lee was terrible, bogans and jj get the dog house for that one, no hard nose, and not enough gel, i'll be glad to see peitrus come back to that spot.

hedo played aggressive, esp after a timeout in the fourth where stan obviously lit him up and told him to start driving. peitrus might not be our solve all, but he sure as hell is going to help at the sg spot, i can see lee coming off the bench now.

Lee's defense on Wade was good? Speaking of smoking! As I recall, and I was there, Wade scored one basket on Redick and a foul shot. Wades other 24 points was scored against Lee and there would have been more if they were not double teaming him in the 4th. I am not blaming Lee but please call it the way it is. Redick plays better then average defense now. Yes, he gets beat, but who doesn't?