Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Game Thread: Magic vs. Celtics 1/22/09

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

palin.gif

Magic 95

Celtics 89

Very nice. If the Magic do win this is my victory dance.

19fdc28534e3562a2d4d9234661a0a7c.gif

I think if we win today - Stan will coach the All Stars. I noticed Phil was named the coach of the West, but there was no East coach named. I assume they're waiting for us or Cleveland to get some distance between ourselves.

Edit: nevermind, I see they're saying that its whoever has the best Win% through Feb 1st.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

palin.gif

Magic 95

Celtics 89

I hear that broseph.

wlt2fs.jpg

No kidding...

1213056381803.gif

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

palin.gif

Magic 95

Celtics 89

I hear that broseph.

wlt2fs.jpg

No kidding...

1213056381803.gif

Really..

batmandance.gif

If you woulda told me at the beginning of the season that the Celtics would be 33-9 yet we'd STILL have an accuscore projection like THIS:

1-22Accuscore.jpg

I probably woulda smacked you across the face.

Brilliant.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

The x-factor for both teams is a matchup. Whoever gets the best of Jameer v. Rondo should win the game, because both teams feed off of their point guard's success on either end of the floor so often. An amendment though... there is pressure on both benches to bring SOMETHING to the offensive end. In a game like this, each team's starters could use a little help.

In the Lings game, Orlando made an offensive statement. In this game, Orlando makes a defensive statement. The Magic win to set up an epic rubber match in the regular season later on. All ESPN can talk about is the Boston Celtics having "a bad offensive game, for some reason or another." Meanwhile, TNT and NBA TV analyze the game correctly.

Boston 81

Orlando 88

turk did a great job in the first quarter of the game in boston drawing fouls from paul pierce, as much as i don't like pierce he can make his shots with pretty good accuracy so removing his bail out from the lineup can be a good key to the game. even if turk doesn't get pierce in foul trouble i think a good key to getting paul out of the game is to make him play defense, the more energy he uses up there the more likely he'll drive less and try to get flop calls, and if he's physically frustrated he'll tend to foul guys like turk alot more.

i'm glad lee is starting and he shouldn't be afraid to play hard defense on ray allen, if allen gets a few open 3's this game can get out of hand quickly, lee should play with the mindset that even if he does foul out there is kebo on the bench as well as ::looks around for pec:: jj reddick(sp?), well we don't want him to foul out, but lazy defense on a shooting threat like allen is a good way to lose a game like this.

garnett, he's on my fantasy sqaud so i hope he does well, i'm just kidding, he's been proving his worth as the ******* of the nba by yapping and running his shoulers into the likes of lebron and dwight during dead ball time. i'm pretty sure this isn't the day but one day in the future lebron or d12 will posterize the entire celts squad and stare down garnett's busted ***, and that will be a good day.

good luck to team and everyone keep knocking on wood, i'd love to see stan yelling at a bunch of all stars in mid feb.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

In the Lings game,

Hey! Take your WNBA talk to another forum! This is a MAGIC forum.

As for the game, we win by double digits. I'm thinking, 109-92. They won't know what hit em' until the game is over midway through the 3rd.

LOL I guess that says something about the way I subconciously think about the Suckramento Kings right now.

quote:
Originally posted by zollman1:

I am over in Eastern Europe on business and had to sell my tickets for this game! I am 7 hrs ahead of Orlando, so I will be waking up at 3am to watch the game online. It better be on channelsurfing.net or Justin.tv

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This link will probably have it:

http://www.atdhe.net

Also the basketball forum at myp2pforum.eu will have your back..

- - -

Bold prediction: Magic win this one 111-90.

Strange prediction: Courtney Lee with 5 triples in the first half.

Easy prediction: Jameer Nelson shuts the door every time BOS tries to make a run.

Magic up 12-15 at half and never look back!

Go Magic! ! !