Brian Scalabrine

Eddie House

Gabe Pruitt

Injuries:

Tony Allen___________Out

Kendrick Perkins_____Probable

ORLANDO MAGIC TEAM REPORT

By USA TODAY (Posted 15 hours ago)

This might be the most-hyped regular-season game the Magic ever have played.

Orlando returns to action Thursday night at home against the Boston Celtics, the defending NBA champs who might be the only team standing in the way of a trip to the Finals.

The Magic are coming off another great road trip in which they won in San Antonio, Los Angeles (Lakers) and Denver, beating the leaders of the Southwest, Pacific and Northwest divisions, respectfully.

Now they face the leaders of the Atlantic, expecting to continue their role toward legitimizing themselves as serious title contenders.

No one doubts them anymore.

The Magic (33-8) have the best road record (17-5) in the league.

Orlando lost earlier this season at Boston, but this isn't the same Magic team it was earlier. The Magic are brimming with confidence now, believing they have grown into the league's best team.

The Celtics, who play in Miami on Wednesday night, will be hoping to make a statement in Orlando, but so will the Magic. The Magic know that Boston is the team they will have to go through in the playoffs, and they'd like to start the process now.

"We're on a high right now. At some point we'll hit adversity, but we haven't hit that yet," Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. "We had a very impressive road trip."

MAGIC 106, NUGGETS 88: Forwards Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Jameer combined for 54 points, hitting eight of 14 shots from 3-point range, to lead the Magic to their seventh consecutive victory Saturday night. The Magic coasted through the first half, then exploded in the third quarter, putting away the Nuggets and turning a close game into an easy victory.

Guard Jameer Nelson had 23 points, including 21 in the first half before he turned much of his workload over to Turkoglu, who finished with a game-high 31 points.

NOTES, QUOTES

When: Thursday, January 22, 2009

Time: 8:00 P.M.

Place: Amway Arena

TV Coverage: TNT

magicvsmagicedited3za4.jpg

locationandtime2cl5.jpg

Magic Starters

dwighthoward4kh8.jpg

Center: Dwight "Superman" Howard

jameernelson5buq8.jpg

Point Guard: Jameer "Mighty Mouse" Nelson

rashardlewis2bbp2.jpg

Power Forward: Rashard "Sweet Lew" Lewis

hedoturkoglu1bxm3.jpg

Small Forward: Hedo "Turk" Turkoglu

courtneylee4bxb4.jpg

Shooting Guard: Courtney "Little Country" Lee

Bench:

Anthony Johnson

Marcin Gortat

Tony Battie

JJ Redick

Keith Bogans

Injury Report:

Mike Wilkes_____________Out

Mickael Pietrus_____Out

Celtics Starters:

kevingarnet1ben8.jpg

Power Forward: Kevin Garnett

paulpierce1bkb7.jpg

Small Forward: Paul Pierce

rayallen1bot4.jpg

Shooting Guard: Ray Allen

rajonrondo1bru0.jpg

Point Guard: Rajon Rondo

bigbabydavis1bms6.jpg

Center: Glen Davis

Bench:

Leone Powe

Brian Scalabrine

Eddie House

Gabe Pruitt

Injuries:

Tony Allen___________Out

Kendrick Perkins_____Probable

ORLANDO MAGIC TEAM REPORT

By USA TODAY (Posted 15 hours ago)

This might be the most-hyped regular-season game the Magic ever have played.

Orlando returns to action Thursday night at home against the Boston Celtics, the defending NBA champs who might be the only team standing in the way of a trip to the Finals.

The Magic are coming off another great road trip in which they won in San Antonio, Los Angeles (Lakers) and Denver, beating the leaders of the Southwest, Pacific and Northwest divisions, respectfully.

Now they face the leaders of the Atlantic, expecting to continue their role toward legitimizing themselves as serious title contenders.

No one doubts them anymore.

The Magic (33-8) have the best road record (17-5) in the league.

Orlando lost earlier this season at Boston, but this isn't the same Magic team it was earlier. The Magic are brimming with confidence now, believing they have grown into the league's best team.

The Celtics, who play in Miami on Wednesday night, will be hoping to make a statement in Orlando, but so will the Magic. The Magic know that Boston is the team they will have to go through in the playoffs, and they'd like to start the process now.

"We're on a high right now. At some point we'll hit adversity, but we haven't hit that yet," Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. "We had a very impressive road trip."

MAGIC 106, NUGGETS 88: Forwards Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Jameer combined for 54 points, hitting eight of 14 shots from 3-point range, to lead the Magic to their seventh consecutive victory Saturday night. The Magic coasted through the first half, then exploded in the third quarter, putting away the Nuggets and turning a close game into an easy victory.

Guard Jameer Nelson had 23 points, including 21 in the first half before he turned much of his workload over to Turkoglu, who finished with a game-high 31 points.

NOTES, QUOTES

Little Country!

Brings a tear to my eye to see that name used.

Here's to hoping I have a prophetic dream tonight.

BTW, nice game thread, nice and professional. This game is business.

tnt.jpg

I sure miss Charles Barkley despite him being the a doubter and excuse maker of the Magic. I think karma came to bite him in the rear end when he was caught drunk and driving. Who trusts your decisions now?

all the starters except perkins played at least 32 minutes with allen topping out at 38. Eddie House had a huge game off the bench...we can't let that happen.

Prediction:

Close game all the way with no team going up by more that 5-6 pts. The 4th quarter will be the deciding quarter. I think the magic pull it out.

Orl- 91

Bos- 86

I was wondering when we'd get this game thread, it seems like forever since we've played. I really hope that this isn't like the Spurs game where it's close the whole time with a million lead changes. I just want us to hit the ground running and never look back, that way I don't have to chew all my finger nails off again. I know Stan doesn't seem to care much about this game (more than any other at least) but this is big, and when was the last time we went on an 8 game win streak. Let's Do It.

I am over in Eastern Europe on business and had to sell my tickets for this game! I am 7 hrs ahead of Orlando, so I will be waking up at 3am to watch the game online. It better be on channelsurfing.net or Justin.tv

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!