Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Power Forward Trade Thread

Well, Smith is a fan favorite in Minny, and he's a BYC, so he'd be hard to get, although ideal. You also have to think Otis would be reluctant to deal Bogans, as it has been stated that Hedo's current contract + Bogans expiring = Hedo's new deal.

Basically, we need to look all over the league for Haslem-type players, since the prototype is stuck in Miami. Guys who are strong, tough, and can hit the mid-range jumper.

If we could get Tony to have a bit more of a mean streak, he'd be great. He's a bit old and slow now, though.

Joey Dorsey? I know he can't hit the mid-range shot, but he's tough as nails.

As a side note, what we really are looking for is our Rodman.

I was looking at some old stats and video, and I don't think there will ever be another player like Rodman. He didn't care about offense, just loved going out there and being a freak of nature, grabbing boards and getting in the heads of opponents. He was truly the best enemy player the NBA ever had, with Charles Oakley a close second.

We need a guy that sits on the bench and picks out which player he'll annoy, who can come in with fury and throw elbows and use his muscle and scream and get the whole team pumped up. Now, how will this player fit in with the Magic's squeaky clean image? I'm not sure, but it can be done. I actually think Hansbrough fits the bill.

I say continue to use Gortat Strictly as backup Center and Battie strictly at backup power forward, so at different times we can go big with one of those two with Dwight and i think we get the job done. I would hate for another big get in the way of Gortats development. I would light up the pitchforks and head to Otis's if he traded for Gooden!

quote:
Originally posted by noypi_magic:

everything in this thread screams JEFF FOSTER!! i just dont know how to get him here=(

he did break melo's hand

No way Dallas gives up Bass unless we throw in Hedo. They are very high on him.

What about Boozer for Hedo and a 1st? I know it would be just a half season rental but he majorly wants out of Utah and they may ship him to get something in return.

Another question would be if adding Boozer is the final piece to the championship puzzle?