Sign in to follow this  
ironarrow

Oups!

the cavs did get out talled alot, we'll see if we'll let that slide if they say boston has already beaten the magic, and if they fail to mention that we were missing gour entire starting backcourt, and had to rely on a rookie backup sg playing pg, and redick....REDICK to come off the bench at sg. lol that one was for pec.

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

Lakers absolutely killed the cavs. However, it would be arrogant to ignore that the cavs were missing 2 starters, very important ones at that. The Lakers murdered the cavs in the paint and on the boards, if you have watched the cavs a lot you could just tell that they were missing Z badly. Wallace was just too short to guard Pau and Andy was too weak to guard Bynum.

I have feeling it will be different in Cleveland with Z and the home crowd...

Well, that is the big difference between the magic and the cavs..

Magic won in LA without pietrus.. Just like we won in Utah without Dwight.. We were like 5-1 without Jameer..

The thing is Magic is a real basketball team with a lot of first class players..

Kobe made a statement in that game. Dislocated his finger and STILL got 20 points and 12 assists. Lately Kobe's been making the point, please trap me. I WILL get my teammates involved.

Obawan made a very good point. Varejao's done a great job filling in for Big Z, but this is the first game since he's been out that you could really tell they missed Ilgauskas. They lost the Chicago game because Delonte got hurt so early in that game and the Bulls have so many guards, but the Lakers are the opposite. Gasol and Bynum just slaughtered the Cavs on both ends.

But that's also true... the difference between the Magic and the other top teams so far. They lose a guy or two, they still find a way to win. When the other top teams (Spurs, Lakers, Cavs, Celtics) lose guys, they drop at least a game or two before their guy(s) get healthy again. And when you've got 4 NBA teams to this point who still haven't lost 10 games each, every lost game matters.

quote:
Jesus, Ariza just raining 3's in crunch time. I'm not a "OMG the Ariza trade was the worst ever!" guy, but that hurts to watch.

29% 3 shooter. I think his lack of shooting ability will keep him out of big playoff games late.

And the Cavs sure looked small to me. We sure didnt have that problem. Don't think Z alone can fill that void.

outside of kobe's assist numbers and bron's steals, the two big names names were pretty bad tonight.

LBJ- 9-25, 6TOs 4-8fts

Kobe- 9-22, 5TOs 1-3 fts

putrid *pinches nose*

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Kobe made a statement in that game. Dislocated his finger and STILL got 20 points and 12 assists. Lately Kobe's been making the point, please trap me. I WILL get my teammates involved.

Obawan made a very good point. Varejao's done a great job filling in for Big Z, but this is the first game since he's been out that you could really tell they missed Ilgauskas. They lost the Chicago game because Delonte got hurt so early in that game and the Bulls have so many guards, but the Lakers are the opposite. Gasol and Bynum just slaughtered the Cavs on both ends.

But that's also true... the difference between the Magic and the other top teams so far. They lose a guy or two, they still find a way to win. When the other top teams (Spurs, Lakers, Cavs, Celtics) lose guys, they drop at least a game or two before their guy(s) get healthy again. And when you've got 4 NBA teams to this point who still haven't lost 10 games each, every lost game matters.

Great point about the injuries. Our bench has slowly been getting better and I have a feeling the injuries have actually been a blessing.

The way things are shaping up, I think the #1 seed in the East will have a HUGE advantage over #2 & #3. Let's hope we can be there after 82!

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

outside of kobe's assist numbers and bron's steals, the two big names names were pretty bad tonight.

LBJ- 9-25, 6TOs 4-8fts

Kobe- 9-22, 5TOs 1-3 fts

Differences being:

1. Kobe played entire game w/dislocated finger

2. Kobe guarded LeBron

3. Kobe made plays when it counted

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

Lakers absolutely killed the cavs. However, it would be arrogant to ignore that the cavs were missing 2 starters, very important ones at that. The Lakers murdered the cavs in the paint and on the boards, if you have watched the cavs a lot you could just tell that they were missing Z badly. Wallace was just too short to guard Pau and Andy was too weak to guard Bynum.

I have feeling it will be different in Cleveland with Z and the home crowd...

Yeah the fact you're missing Big Z and last game, Bynum had what, 3 boards? Their bigs got embarrased in their last game (the Magic) and you guys were playing shorthanded against a frontcourt who wanted to turn things around. The score doesn't really say anything about either teams accept Kobe can flat-out play defense

quote:
Originally posted by WhySoSerious:

Enjoy the number one spot!!

and of course a cavs fan is going to make a complaint... magic beat us without their starting sg.

Injuries are part of the game.

Ok, then I guess you are ready to admit that the Magic lost to the Celtics by 19 fair and square, huh?

I am not making excuses. The cavs had their chances last night and they blew them. It is one game, and I am not making excuses. But it would be ignorant to just ignore factors such as injuries, road back-backs, etc. Those are not excuses unless you just say that is why we lost and don't do anything about it. If the cavs don't make adjustments and just think that Z coming back will help them beat the Lakers, they will lose.

And I don't understand this statement: "magic beat us without their starting sg"

We haven't played the Magic yet, and who have you played who didn't have their starting SG?

Here is another example: let's say the Magic get the number one seed, but the team they play at the 8 seed beat them all 3/4 times during the season because every time they played the Magic were missing a ton of players. Well, if injuries are part of the game, I guess we can just ignore them and say that the 8th seed is the favorite because they won all the games, right? Do you see what I am saying? There is a difference between making excuses and ignoring facts.

If the cavs beat the Magic without Howard, would that mean the cavs are better? If the Magic beat the cavs without Lebron, would that mean the Magic are better? I could go on and on.

The Cavs (Sasha and Williams in particular) Kept that game close for three quarters.

That's when Cleveland fell off, and it was an obvious depth problem. JJ Hickson is no Big Z. Ben Wallace cannot match up with Gasol or Bynum.

I'd like to see those teams match up again with both being full strength, I think you see a different outcome. Not to mention how big West has been for them this year.

I don't like making arguments about what team is better than that team and so forth. I don't care if the Cavs are missing LEBRON next week. A win is a win. It all goes towards seeding.

Just like losing to the Celtics thursday wouldn't mean a whole lot as to the overall ability of our team. It's one game.