Sign in to follow this  
PEC

Delonte West out for Two to three weeks Does that help the Magic

Z could be back against you guys. He was listed as 3-4 weeks on the day when they found the injury, which was the 3rd of January. So it is a toss-up if he is back by then.

As for Delonte, I initially thought he would be out for a month or so, but I did not realize what a warrior he was. He says he wants to put a splint on it and play against the Lakers this monday. The doctors said he may be able to because it is non-displaced and it is his off hand.

Also, I know that you guys don't watch the cavs much, but he is very important to us. It is a big blow as long as he is out.

Delonte West is probably the third most important Cav behind Lebron and Mo Williams. He's playing at a much higher level this year than he did last season. West being injured strains Cleveland's guard rotation and puts more pressure on Boobie Gibson, Wally, and Pavlovic to play well so Lebron doesn't have to carry the load.

Basically I think the Cavs can take any one injury (other than LBJ) no problem. Delonte AND Big Z being out at the same time? That's a problem.

And Delonte being a gutty warrior and wanting to come back early isn't necessarily a great thing for Cleveland. How effective will he be if and when he comes back early, and how much risk is there for him possibly re-injuring it even worse??

I think the bottom line is Cleveland is likely to lose two or three games in the next couple of weeks that they otherwise wouldn't have if at least Delonte was healthy.

injury is an injury, peaches is in a suit, i know it doesn't compare to 2 starters, but still, a record is a record, who wants to go back and start counting the games we could have won if grant hill was healthy?

quote:
Originally posted by allstarme:

I don't think I'd ever rejoice in another team's player being injured. That's not what this is about.

It's not what it should be about, but how do you think Cleveland fans would react if say Lewis were out of our lineup for about 2 weeks they would be celebrating as would other teams that the Magic would be playing during those two weeks.

That's the real world people are happy when their team gets a leg up when another team has injury problems. While we don't want anything bad to happen to that person, but celebrate our team getting a leg up.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBronJ23:

LeBron owns dwight howards, sorry guys....http://garshaspicks.blogspot.com/

This guy has posted the same thing in 6 different threads the best thing is just put him on your ignore list that's what I plan to do plus tell the mods.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBronJ23:

LeBron owns dwight howards, sorry guys....http://garshaspicks.blogspot.com/

"Our goal is to provide you with the best information available and to make you some money"

"Cleveland @ Chicago

Cleveland Cavaliers -8"

Speaking of owned...

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

I just read this at RealGM West is now out for 4 to 6 weeks instead of 2.

Yeah I just heard the same thing on NBA TV. Up to six weeks, says Rick Kamla.