Sign in to follow this  
cheapguitar

Orlando Nixes Boston Bid for JJ?

people are severely underrating the return on this deal...Giddens does have some promise, again he is a SG and we really dont need one of those, but Pruitt is a PG, not a combo guard, a PG and he has quite a bit of upside...he has played PG since HS, people want to label him a SG because he scores the ball so well, where in reality most of the teams he has played on he had to be a go to scorer, similar to Jameer in that aspect, but his last days at USC he picked up his passing game and his defense is excellent...again, if he was in a rotation, coming off the bench right behind Rondo there would be a lot more to show, I can almost bet, but last year being the 4th PG and this year being the 3rd guy, he gets no burn...if JJ wasnt starting to find his game, or at least look like he was I would surely do this deal, no question...Pruitt brings a capable piece that we need and could develop...

then of course there is the strengthening the competition aspect, that just doesn't fly, especially now with JJ appearing to be improving...

Eventually I think we need to trade someone (if only to solidify our rotation) but i think right now we need to be patient. More players on bad teams become available when the teams feel they are out of contention for the playoffs.

See, I believe that its probably too late in the season to get a good PG. And what I mean by that is that is that its probably too late to learn the offense enough to supplant AJ.

Im still of the opinion that we get a banger and if we need insurance at the PG position, we go scout a few hungry D-Leagers and bring one of them in.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

Here 3 pgs that Otis should target. Ramon Sessions, Sergio Rodriguez, and Travis Diener.

the bucks aren't going to trade sessions...at least not for anything we have to offer. The other two are possibilities, but i don't think diener is even an upgrade over AJ.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

Here 3 pgs that Otis should target. Ramon Sessions, Sergio Rodriguez, and Travis Diener.

the bucks aren't going to trade sessions...at least not for anything we have to offer. The other two are possibilities, but i don't think diener is even an upgrade over AJ.

sergio for jj, now that trade makes sense, we might have to include more, but you never know, jj has been shooting very well.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Sergio can't hit the side of a barn behind the arc. Not gonna happen.

Well if they want Sergio that bad they can trade Wilks contract and it won't cost the Blazers anything because Wilks contract won't go against their cap. Win win.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Sergio can't hit the side of a barn behind the arc. Not gonna happen.

Sergio might not have a shot, but he can pass with the best of them.