Sign in to follow this  
Nick Anderson 4 President

Crazy massive trade idea

Here goes:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...5~15~25~15&te=&cash=

Washington either sends a 1st or second round pick to Orlando OKC.

Just tried this for kicks. It sort of addresses what would help each team, but obviously for other GMs to have this same trade idea in mind would be a pipe dream.

So for pipe dream's purposes, what do you think?

Here goes:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...5~15~25~15&te=&cash=

Washington either sends a 1st or second round pick to Orlando OKC.

Just tried this for kicks. It sort of addresses what would help each team, but obviously for other GMs to have this same trade idea in mind would be a pipe dream.

So for pipe dream's purposes, what do you think?

LOL, come on buddy!

Why would the Wizards trade their starting PF and promising big man to get a player at the position they have an all star playing at? And as much as I liek Charlie Smooths potential, he isn't Antawn Jamison...

Then, why do we take back 2 PG's? I know we need a 3rd, but a 4th as well? It's not like Sessions would get minutes at the 2 with Peaches, Bogans, and Lee still on the team?

And Milwaukee looks to just be acquiring those players for the hell of it.

Not to mention OKC takes on a whole load of salary that addresses really none of their needs.

Personally I think the trade proposed in the OP is horrible.

1. Swapping Hedo for Joe in the starting lineup is a loss.

2. After that point nothing else even matters.

3. But in case it does then the upgrade of Sessions over AJ for backup minutes does not compensate for the drop from Hedo to Joe.

LOL....i figured the responses would go this way. These blockbuster trade ideas never get good reviews in here, but I was bored at work and thought I'd try it anyway. Believe it or not this trade idea does have some sort of logic for each team. Not that any of you will probably agree with me, but I'll go ahead and explain anyway:

For Orlando:

I could have tried to go for Collison or Villanueva as our big, but I didn't go with Collison because he had a bigger salary ($6mil+) and I think he had two years remaining on it. I didn't go for villanueva because for the sake of making this trade idea logical, I remember media saying that Joe Smith wanted to go to a contender, and out of this trade group, we're the only contenders, so that's why I sent villanueva to Washington instead of us. I'd actually much rather have Charlie V here.

But for now Joe Smith could be that banger guy down low who can hit somewhat consistently hit a jumpshot around the elbow.

I truly think Ramon Sessions in Orlando would be a perfect complement to Jameer. He can play good defense, and is really good at dishing out assists, which as we know, both aren't exactly Jameer's strengths.

And then I threw Damon Jones our way not because I expect him to contribute to our team at all, but because he has 4.4 mil expiring. Add that to Joe Smith's expiring if we don't like how he fits with our team and that would be 9 mil in expiring contracts to go after a big that we truly want in the offseason. Obviously some of that money would go to resigning Sessions. Since he hasn't proven a ton yet, I think we could sign him for relatively cheap.

New Orlando Squad:

PG: Nelson/Sessions

SG: MP/Lee/Jones

SF: Lewis/Bogans

PF: Smith/Battie

C: Howard/Gortat

For Washington:

I suppose one could say that Washington is playing this bad simply because Gilbert isn't in the mix. But then again this same team without Gilbert did pretty well last year. But it's just not working for them this year, so I think changing one of their main 3 might help them out. Hedo gives them a pretty good decision maker (well, when he's not in a contract year anyway) and Charlie V will help them at PF in losing Jamison

New Washington Squad:

PG: Arenas/Mike James/Critten

SG: Butler/Stevenson

SF: Turk/McGuire

PF: Villanueva/Songaila

C: Blatche/Thomas

For Milwauke:

They are sending out a lot of players to get a lot of new players, without sending their core of Redd, Jefferson, and Bogut. Maybe they just need new fresh faces around these three to play some better basketball. Earl Watson can either start at point or play behind Ridnour. None are really great starters but two good backups. Plus Earl plays D which fits right in with what Skiles wants. Put Chris Wilcox at PF to shore up the loss of Charlie V coming off the bench. Add depth to the C position with the young prospect McGee, and then give them some more shooting power/no D at the SG position with JJ (mainly I just wanted to unload him off us). Milwaukee has been getting the same results for years, so I figured maybe they just need some new personnel around their best players.

New Milwaukee Squad:

PG: Ridnour/Watson

SG: Redd/Redick

SF: Jefferson/Alexander

PF: Mbah A Moute/ Wilcox (could have been Collison also)

C: Bogut/McGhee

For OKC:

Well, we all know they covet 3 things: young talent, expirings, and draft picks. Well, in this deal they are still getting expirings back, but they are also getting the talent of Antwan Jamison to improve their starting lineup. I think he could really provide them the in/out of lockeroom leadership that Jamison gives, which they desperately need with Durant and Green not stepping to the plate. They get the expirings of Lue and Cook, who obviously they would not keep. And they could use Charlie Bell instead of the project gone bad known as Damien Wilkins. Their lineup is now improved with adding Bell and Jamison.

New OKC Squad:

PG: Westbrook/Lue

SG: Durant (move him back to SG)/Bell

SF: Green/Mason

PF: Jamison/Collison

C: Kristic/Swift

Looking at my trade objectively, this trade doesn't really work for the Magic as much because I feel like we could still get a little more for Hedo. But even if Joe Smith doesn't work out for us, then we still have all the money in expirings so that we could go after a better player we need in the offseason. Plus, we could also receive a 1st or 2nd round pick from Washington since they gave up so little to get Hedo and Villanueva. And not to mention we get Sessions which adds to our youth. So while this probably isn't the best trade we can make, I still think it does work for us.

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

LOL....i figured the responses would go this way. These blockbuster trade ideas never get good reviews in here, but I was bored at work and thought I'd try it anyway. Believe it or not this trade idea does have some sort of logic for each team. Not that any of you will probably agree with me, but I'll go ahead and explain anyway:

For Orlando:

I could have tried to go for Collison or Villanueva as our big, but I didn't go with Collison because he had a bigger salary ($6mil+) and I think he had two years remaining on it. I didn't go for villanueva because for the sake of making this trade idea logical, I remember media saying that Joe Smith wanted to go to a contender, and out of this trade group, we're the only contenders, so that's why I sent villanueva to Washington instead of us. I'd actually much rather have Charlie V here.

But for now Joe Smith could be that banger guy down low who can hit somewhat consistently hit a jumpshot around the elbow.

I truly think Ramon Sessions in Orlando would be a perfect complement to Jameer. He can play good defense, and is really good at dishing out assists, which as we know, both aren't exactly Jameer's strengths.

And then I threw Damon Jones our way not because I expect him to contribute to our team at all, but because he has 4.4 mil expiring. Add that to Joe Smith's expiring if we don't like how he fits with our team and that would be 9 mil in expiring contracts to go after a big that we truly want in the offseason. Obviously some of that money would go to resigning Sessions. Since he hasn't proven a ton yet, I think we could sign him for relatively cheap.

New Orlando Squad:

PG: Nelson/Sessions

SG: MP/Lee/Jones

SF: Lewis/Bogans

PF: Smith/Battie

C: Howard/Gortat

For Washington:

I suppose one could say that Washington is playing this bad simply because Gilbert isn't in the mix. But then again this same team without Gilbert did pretty well last year. But it's just not working for them this year, so I think changing one of their main 3 might help them out. Hedo gives them a pretty good decision maker (well, when he's not in a contract year anyway) and Charlie V will help them at PF in losing Jamison

New Washington Squad:

PG: Arenas/Mike James/Critten

SG: Butler/Stevenson

SF: Turk/McGuire

PF: Villanueva/Songaila

C: Blatche/Thomas

For Milwauke:

They are sending out a lot of players to get a lot of new players, without sending their core of Redd, Jefferson, and Bogut. Maybe they just need new fresh faces around these three to play some better basketball. Earl Watson can either start at point or play behind Ridnour. None are really great starters but two good backups. Plus Earl plays D which fits right in with what Skiles wants. Put Chris Wilcox at PF to shore up the loss of Charlie V coming off the bench. Add depth to the C position with the young prospect McGee, and then give them some more shooting power/no D at the SG position with JJ (mainly I just wanted to unload him off us). Milwaukee has been getting the same results for years, so I figured maybe they just need some new personnel around their best players.

New Milwaukee Squad:

PG: Ridnour/Watson

SG: Redd/Redick

SF: Jefferson/Alexander

PF: Mbah A Moute/ Wilcox (could have been Collison also)

C: Bogut/McGhee

For OKC:

Well, we all know they covet 3 things: young talent, expirings, and draft picks. Well, in this deal they are still getting expirings back, but they are also getting the talent of Antwan Jamison to improve their starting lineup. I think he could really provide them the in/out of lockeroom leadership that Jamison gives, which they desperately need with Durant and Green not stepping to the plate. They get the expirings of Lue and Cook, who obviously they would not keep. And they could use Charlie Bell instead of the project gone bad known as Damien Wilkins. Their lineup is now improved with adding Bell and Jamison.

New OKC Squad:

PG: Westbrook/Lue

SG: Durant (move him back to SG)/Bell

SF: Green/Mason

PF: Jamison/Collison

C: Kristic/Swift

Looking at my trade objectively, this trade doesn't really work for the Magic as much because I feel like we could still get a little more for Hedo. But even if Joe Smith doesn't work out for us, then we still have all the money in expirings so that we could go after a better player we need in the offseason. Plus, we could also receive a 1st or 2nd round pick from Washington since they gave up so little to get Hedo and Villanueva. And not to mention we get Sessions which adds to our youth. So while this probably isn't the best trade we can make, I still think it does work for us.

Too much time on your hands at work and nothing to do I see.

Need a better hobby or a better trade machine lol.