Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

The Warriors waived guard DeMarcus Nelson

quote:
The Warriors waived guard DeMarcus Nelson on Monday.

Nelson was a nice surprise early in the season, even starting five games, but had fallen out of the rotation. The move saves the team approximately $200,000, and cleared the way to sign Jermareo Davidson to a 10-day contract.

http://48minutes.net/2009/01/05/demarcus-nelson-waived-...reo-davidson-signed/

What do you guy think about signing him to a 10-day contract?

quote:
The Warriors waived guard DeMarcus Nelson on Monday.

Nelson was a nice surprise early in the season, even starting five games, but had fallen out of the rotation. The move saves the team approximately $200,000, and cleared the way to sign Jermareo Davidson to a 10-day contract.

http://48minutes.net/2009/01/05/demarcus-nelson-waived-...reo-davidson-signed/

What do you guy think about signing him to a 10-day contract?

Is there any way he's worse than Anthony Johnson?

He didn't play all that well against Orlando in the two games Golden State played us, I know that.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Is there any way he's worse than Anthony Johnson?

He didn't play all that well against Orlando in the two games Golden State played us, I know that.

He's a way better defender than Johnson.

I didn't think Jones was a point guard.

Nelson would be a good fit. We don't need him to run the offense. Just defend opposing point guards and let Hedo (shudders) run the offense. Nelson also has 3pt range even though he is rather inconsistent out there.

We also get even more Duke fans here which is always a plus.

It would also probably make us the first team ever to have a Nelson and Nelson point guard rotation. I say we do it just for the comedic factor. Book it.

DeMarcus Nelson isnt a PG either...

I like the idea of Nelson, but he has yet to do anything yet, with Jones, you get what you get...either way, we just need someone quick, that can stay in front of their man for the most part, score a few buckets and not let the other teams bench riders burn us...

but Nelson is also considerably younger so there is some (probably limited) potential there. Like you said, Jones has been in the league for a while. If he is getting cut it likely means he doesn't have that much to contribute anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

but Nelson is also considerably younger so there is some (probably limited) potential there. Like you said, Jones has been in the league for a while. If he is getting cut it likely means he doesn't have that much to contribute anymore.

So the Magic are that desperate that they need to look at either of these players I really don't think so.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

oh no, Fred definitely still has it in the tank...

January 2nd @ PHX 16pts/4ast/3stl/2reb/9ft-a in 33 minutes...not bad for an old guy...

I think he and Davis were cut today for a potential deal in the works, the Clippers have been rumored for a little bit now...